Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Over Raided / AA solo ALL RAIDS

I've been soloing raids for quite some time and lately, I realized that Im not very far from soloing all raids that DDO currently has to offer. A few days ago I made a list of the raids I still needed to solo and today I managed to finish the last one needed to complete that list.

TEMPEST SPINE

THE TITAN AWAKES

REAVER'S FATE

THE SHROUD

ASCENSION CHAMBER

HOUND OF XORIAT

THE VISION OF DESTRUCTION

THE TOWER OF DESPAIR

THE MASTER ARTIFICER

THE LORD OF BLADES

EPIC: PLANE OF NIGHT

EPIC: ZAWABI'S REVANGE

EPIC: THE CHRONOSCOPE

CAUGHT IN THE WEB

@EDIT: My first completion of this raid was pretty poorly done (EN, no optionals and with reentries), so I reran it on EH with optionals and no reentries.

THE FALL OF TRUTH

I completed those raids during 2 lives of my Arcane Archer (ranger and monk). I do realize that some people might be displeased by the fact that I skipped Vault of Night and Twilight Forge but those are both not soloable (atleast I didn't hear of any way to solo them, nor could figure out anything myself) and I don't really count them as real raids. In the end they are just pre raids to the true raids. Yet feel free to disagree with me.

I would also like to give big thanks to: Ua, Ying, Key, Selina, Tarish, Grayanna, Buffy, Desnol, Teonnan, Youuta and whoever else (forgive me if I forgot about someone xD) helped me with: tactics, holding instances, doing pre raids, donating consumables or just giving good advices.
    Last edited by Shaatan; 02-27-2013 at 01:30 PM.

Community Member

grats on the achievement.

Again gratz on this fine achivement, and glad I could help
    Desnol / Qerasuul / Lornkhal / Khazdar - Soko Irrlicht, Orien

No words...
    Cannith- A Tribe Called Zerg
    Elbion Tosscobble: TR'ing Atm
    Ivena: 20 Rouge TR1 Dps/Epic Trapper/Epic Assassination
    And a multitude of changing alts

Community Member

How the hell did you solo LOB? Is there a perch in there?

Not doubting you at all, just wondering how that one was done.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    How the hell did you solo LOB? Is there a perch in there?

Not doubting you at all, just wondering how that one was done.
    LoB had no perches (atleast none that I know of). It only required a lot of kiting. It took me like 3 attempts to get it done. I needed a run or 2 to decide if I want to keep the forge buff up or destroy the pillars and figure out the best way to counter different special attacks.
    The tactic for it was pretty stright forward:

1) Destroy the pillars while LoB talks his dialogue.
    2) Kill all the trash mobs and dogs.
    3) Pew Pew kite LoB and counter special attacks
    4) Kill dogs again.
    5) Repeat point 3.
    6) Repeat point 4.
    7) Repeat point 3.
    8) Kill everything except for 1 assasin (including dogs).
    9) Equip Pale Lav and keep killing nightmare creatures until they stop spawning (while still kiting LoB).
    10) Destroy pillars.
    11)Done.

I didnt really want to risk it with going for pillars right away when they turned volurnable. I could get dungeon alert if I left too many mobs alive or get gang - banged by them if I got chained.

Quote Originally Posted by Viisari
    So which one did you find the hardest to do? Managing to get Lord of Blades done seem pretty impressive to me, that, and Abbot of course.
    Abbot definitely required the most planning and took the most tries to complete. I've been trying to solo it as a ranger and finally decided to TR into monk to make it easier.
    The difficulty of LoB dissapointed me a bit. I was prepared for something a lot more hardcore and thought it will take me longer to get it done. I was really afraid of the last part with all the mobs spawning but that part was unexpectively easy.
    Last edited by Shaatan; 01-12-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Community Member

So which one did you find the hardest to do? Managing to get Lord of Blades done seem pretty impressive to me, that, and Abbot of course.

Awesome work.

Every time I see one of your threads, I'm inspired to play my AA.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

All my congratulations Shat.
    You're one of the best players I've ever had the chance to play with.
    And every week I read another boost the rangers they need more love thread I'm thinking these people have never played with you and they don't know what they are talking about.
    Now, how about moving to Asia and compete in some gaming contests and beat the hell out of those guys

All the best to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Faulken View Post
    Now, how about moving to Asia and compete in some gaming contests and beat the hell out of those guys
    Let's not get carried away...

While not all solo raids are a DDO first (Titan is not, for instance), some of them are, notably the Abbot. The Abbot (with the puzzles, w/o is not worth mentioning) had previously been considered impossible to solo because at least one death was required. The Angelic ED capstone was available to everyone, but Shat was the one who was able to make a plan around it and execute it successfully.

Certainly Shataan is the first in the game to have solo'd ALL the raids!

Gratz again, Shat.
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

This is quite impressive. Congrats!
    ~Anaximus~
    Life tracker: 37/39 Heroic, 12/12 Iconic, 18/36 Epic
    Officer of The Unrepentant of Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    Let's not get carried away...

While not all solo raids are a DDO first (Titan is not, for instance), some of them are, notably the Abbot. The Abbot (with the puzzles, w/o is not worth mentioning) had previously been considered impossible to solo because at least one death was required. The Angelic ED capstone was available to everyone, but Shat was the one who was able to make a plan around it and execute it successfully.

Certainly Shataan is the first in the game to have solo'd ALL the raids!

Gratz again, Shat.
    Abbot with puzzles would still be somewhat impressive, since no one is there to save you from encasement, and all your gear will be disjuncted as soon as he fires that attack.

Though yes, walking through goggles blind on both sides is very lucky (well, a good jump+abundant step+cannith boots of propulsion+abundant step can easily get you more than halfway across iirc) and soloing roids is also very impressive. I'm not sure how many levels in monk you need to solo ice, but swimming under the surface with SF pots is pretty simple too. You'll also need to either go in roids last or do a beatdown, so there's luck involved there too.

I've never heard of a LoB solo so far, but I don't see why it would be extraordinarily difficult like abbot, provided you can survive/avoid some of the 400 damage spikes he puts out. I haven't run LoB very much so there may be mechanics you have to avoid that I'm less familiar with. But I could just see, for the fights, run in circles, kiting everything, and pew pew the LoB. ToD part 2 I imagine you'll have to do the same thing or you get eaten by shadows.

Someone soloing HoX the real way, even on normal, would leave me very impressed, though it seems nowadays it's hard to prove with screenshots you did it that way. The completion time is bugged, so you can't show that way you didn't wait an hour to solo her (though I suppose a screenshot containing your ship buffs and no reentries would suffice). You can screenshot yourself in a destiny that doesn't have huge spikey boosts to physical damage like fury that people use to solo, though that doesn't totally mean you can't do more than 1k damage. Showing you didn't use guards is even harder, maybe you can have a screenshot of you searching your inventory for each of the guards and showing they're not inside...

Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    this thread is misleading, i don't see von 5 or the titan pre raid.
    I wouldn't get hung up on this part, any dude who plays the game as hard core as Shaatan can simply dual box the pre-raids if it REALLY was the deciding factor (it's not)...although he'd have to use his toes on the second comp. to do the VoN5 levers. And technically...that would still be "solo".

Nice job OP! I'm one of the few who thought it was a mistake to enable ED's in eberron but the masses want to pwn the old content with their superpowers. This is event horizon stemming from that decision.

Regardless, grats.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Gratz lad - i'm rather impressed with this one.

Now when/if you run in a group raid that fails you can post the link in party and just be like "sure as hell wasn't my fault"

ZENOSIS - 7th life monk // ZCYTHER - 8th life fvs // ZSEPHIROTH - 3rd life barb // ZERAPHIA - 4rd life sorc // VAJAZZLED - 2nd life fvs/monk // GEOSTIGMA - 1st life wiz // ZCYBLAST - 1st life sorc // ALTISSIMO - 1st life bard

Sketchy Adventurer aradelothion's Avatar

Max grats OP. At this point, probably the only thing you should post in the achievements section would be when you actually -fail- a raid lol.
    Asmodeux | Carollous Magnus | Angeleus Dei | Solkanaar | Damodarius
    P I N O Y
    In my world, everyone's a pony, and we all eat rainbows and pewp butterfiles... of death.

Your hound screenshot shows only one kill. Explain?

I didn't expect to see Abbot in this list, impressive.
    olganon.org - Remember to play in moderation.
    olganon.org - A videogame shouldn't be your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyfruit View Post
    Your hound screenshot shows only one kill. Explain?
    Xy'zzy has DR 999/epic and total magic and proc immunity when above 25% hp. (The little dogs do epic damage but basically nothing else in the game does).

At the level 20 cap this was insurmountable and made people think 'she is totally invincible until the little pups get her prepped'.

At 25, 999 is no longer insurmountable in Fury of the Wild. She only has 24000hp on elite, and so she dies VERY fast if you can punch through that 999 DR.

In a way, this reminds me of Ghosts of Perdition's simultaneous kill miniboss encounter. At the level 14 cap, players needed to split the party, prepare each boss to 25% then kill them. Now we are so much more powerful that it is possible to just ignore this mechanic and zerg by, killing both outright as soon as we get to them. (If the Devs want the old way of doing this raid to be the only way, they just need to change the DR to 9999).
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    ...If the Devs want the old way of doing this raid to be the only way, they just need to change the DR to 9999...
    I seem to recall there was a small thread about that

Grats shat !
    Epicsoul(7th life) 20 druid - Deathdemize(6th life) 20wizard - Haiteraid(4th life) TR'ing - Epicbanjo(2nd life) 14bard4ftr2rogue.

Member of Over Raided!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast