Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Oh no you did NOT just post a screenie from Wizards 101...
    Yes, yes I did. Haven't played in a couple years, since the kids got bored of it, but I remember really enjoying it, for what it was.

Anyhow, KingsIsle really has their soup in a group about a few things. Crafting, Housing, Pets, and Cosmetics are all very well done. Turbine devs could learn a thing or three.

btw, KI is about to release (or has already) a new one: Pirates 101. Can't argue with success.
    Last edited by BOgre; 01-12-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by quartermasterx View Post
    we are working on revising the cosmetic armor system. I will provide more details when they are available.
    +1!!!!
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

NO CAPES!

seriously you guys!
    Triumore - Triu - Broktar
    Mitis Mors

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Wonderful news!

Armor skins is really the only thing I buy in the store. Like to see more of them and for lack of better term this early, better. I really do not want to see more Armor skins that look like paint-on spandex with no texture.
    Just give us a way to design our own skins. A zillion heads are better than 1-3 at turbine. Modding is sort of the obvious conclusion for a long running game in any genre. Otherwise your game will just die a slow ungraceful death

We would just need a file format and basic size parameters for wrapping to different models (race and male/female). You could even sell popular ones in the turbine store and share profits with the (in TP) with the people whose designs sold.

You have the best looking game for sure.

Community Member

If you really want to make it better.. here is what you do...

1) give wizards a cosmetic pointy hat in verious colors.
    2) show shelthed weapons on the backs of charaters
    3) make other items visible with variations depending on the item it's self (i.e. show bracers, cloaks, necklasses, etc.. that is not hidden by armor robs or clothing, diffrent bracers are diffrent colors.)
    4) have googles and open faced helms both visible at the same time. (just make the modles for the googles smaller ffs )
    5) give wizards pointy hats!!!

Off topic..
    Don't be lazy and give us enhancemnts and call us epic... stick to D&D and give us actual levels, and adjust the mods, bosses, quest to coincide with the power adjustment. <we all know that is why it was done they way it was, would of been more work the other way> but yet it would of been RIGHT and truly, EPiC.

Back on topic...

6) give wizards pointy hats!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you are recognizing a screenie from said game how? Hmmm?

Oh, and On Topic reply = +1 vote for cosmetics closet.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    We are working on revising the cosmetic armor system. I will provide more details when they are available.
    Cool.

Depending on things change I might be more inclined to buy more armor kits.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

I don't know what Wizards 101 is, but since you apparently do, should you be making fun of the other poster? lol

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ed7 View Post
    I like the available helms that can mask whatever helm you are wearing.
    I use the skull-helm, the top-hat and the ninja mask for separte toons.
    I also love how I can wear various helms and the cosmetic helms mask them.

NOT so with the armor skins.
    The armor skins LOCK on to that particular armor.
    I would like to see the armor act more like the helms and be usable for a variety of armors thoughout the characters life.
    I actually think a hybrid would be best

- The armor kits are superior to all other forms of cosmetics due to the fact you dont have to "cast" it every time you log in

- The cosmetic hats,etc. are superior in that their not a single use item and can be transferred easily

I'd say the easiest way to combine these is to have a second equipment tab called "cosmetic" it looks exactly the same as the other tab except anything you put in those spots are only for looks so you can wear say +5 heavy plate but stick your starter rags in the cosmetic slot for fun or one of the DDO store slots. It would be interesting to see items that are useless mechanically but look cool becoming popular for this reason

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    If it acts more similar to lotro, where I have a closet and I can just put things on as I want, I'll have to buy more points as to date I have bought only one outfit due to the current system. Of which, because of how it binds, I find the prices to be an utter rip off compared to that of Lotro prices.

I can only hope it is as good as I imagine things in my mind else it will be too little too late.
    Yes that system would be perfect but the devs have made it clear in the past tat the last thing they would EVER do is make a system even remotely resembling anything from LOTRO despite the fact that whilst overall DDO IMO is far superior to LOTRO the crafting & cosmetics (including the visual side of character creation) systems are a million times better than ours
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 01-14-2013 at 02:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

Dunno if anyone has done DC Universe online but their appearance system is one of the best - you simply have styles and a list to choose from - that would work out great for the appearance kits - you click on the armor/helm/etc slot and it gives you a list of the ones you have in your inventory - blue spiral 1, black spiral 2, etc and you click the one you want to display.
    Gary Gygax: This new stuff (2nd->3rd edition) is not D&D - it is miniature gaming, not real role playing.

Default QuartermasterX wins

Quote Originally Posted by QuartermasterX View Post
    We are working on revising the cosmetic armor system. I will provide more details when they are available.
    Yay!

YAY!

Can you be sure to add some truly exotic stuff in, like things with feathers, things that give you a noticeable profession (wizard robes with a spell case on it, ranger leathers with multiple quivers, etc), and more? I guarantee Turbine revenue will increase considerably if we are allowed to express ourselves the way Rygard explained here:

Quote Originally Posted by Rygard View Post
    (snip...)
    Many players i personaly know will be happy with some dirty, ragged, shabby rogue costume other then another piece of boring, shiny armor sets. (snip)
    Character Compendium

Community Member

Default About time

About time you guys got around to changing the current crapfest appearance system considering the potential $ to be made..I guess the marketing guys finally got a clue maybe from their compatriots at LOTRO?

But why do I get the feeling it's still going to be mucked up and the Elite Spider Cult Mask will overwrite all other appearances (and so robbing me of enjoying any helm graphic in the game) forcing me to go helm-less in order to avoid that hideous mask graphic? Or that armor skins will still be bound to the piece of armor you used it on? Or you double the pricing? Just Something that doesn't make any sense and/or is excessively greedy.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My-WAI View Post
    About time you guys got around to changing the current crapfest appearance system considering the potential $ to be made..I guess the marketing guys finally got a clue maybe from their compatriots at LOTRO?
    Just to note that the devs have said multiple times that they refuse to use make anything even similar to what LOTRO has made
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12