Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default raid loot reserved

seriously, screw you guys. I like to raid but I wouldn't join these even if I didn't want the "reserved loot". And yes, I do post the same raid at the same time with no loot reservations.

If you solo a quest and are inviting people in for chests, thats fine as you did all the work. Hell, go solo citw and reserve all the loot you want, but if I do the quest/raid I'm looting anything I want to.
    Tenfour-Dominican-Bashdem-Spielbergo of Orien

Community Member Mephisto-Helix's Avatar

+1 good sir ........

I laugh at fools who try reserve stuff when we are all going to be running the quest and contributing. Just laugh at how sad they are, what more can one do. Already finished or mostly done quest and reserved loot is perfectly fine but otherwise ......... just no, heh.

To me if it's posted in the LFM or as you join that X is reserved I have no problems at all with it, you know what it is in advance and it's up to you if you still want to join.

If it's not mentioned until after the group is full and you've been waiting on a long fill for like 15-20 mins, or it's not mentioned until inside the quest I think it's just utter **** and generally will never raid/quest with that group again (at least for as long as I remember them) out of sheer disgust for wasting my time.

But again, if it's posted/mentioned right away/etc all the power to them, there are going to be plenty of people (in most cases) who dont want said loot and just want a completion or something else. By clicking the join button you have agreed to whatever is in the LFM for loot rules.

As mentioned if someone solo's a quest/raid and wants more hands to help pull X item and has done all the work - hells ya they've earned it and deserve it (and I'll do that myself from time to time also) - but again has to be mentioned in the LFM.

Personaly I just shake my head and laugh about it (like the guy recently who had EVON posted with something to the effect of SOS reserved including base/scroll/seal/shard) and keep watchign the LFM to see how long they sit there unable to fill before they finally give up because it's a popular item and most people are still hunting for that, if not for on their main for on their alts.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

The same thing again?

Saw one posted last night like this, I would have joined if there were no restrictions in the LFM. Their right, but it was also my right to make a mental note of the character too.

I have joined a few posts like this, but usually only if I am learning the raid.

Community Member

Do we really need another one of these already? The other one is (unfortunately) still going strong.

I was in one of these groups a couple weeks ago, where we were finishing up VON5, and the leader said something about reserving "SOS, shard, scrolls, and seal." Considering he had piked half the raid, didn't know it even though he took the voice and didn't understand what to do with it, and had died more than anyone else in VON5/6, the group laughed at his "demand."

A SoS dropped for me, I took it, and called it a day.

His next LFM said what he was reserving, and then about 15 LFMs popped up saying they were reserving this and that. The funniest one I saw was a ToD with "all rings, tomes, trophies, pretty jewelry reserved. Ugly stuff is yours."

Quote Originally Posted by Jitty View Post
    seriously, screw you guys. I like to raid but I wouldn't join these even if I didn't want the "reserved loot". And yes, I do post the same raid at the same time with no loot reservations.

If you solo a quest and are inviting people in for chests, thats fine as you did all the work. Hell, go solo citw and reserve all the loot you want, but if I do the quest/raid I'm looting anything I want to.
    /agreed
    I typically pass on any LFM i see with loot restrictions.

a situation where I see it being different is when a guild/channel run is grouped to get player X a specific item from a quest.. like we are guild running VOD to get player X the Tharnes goggles.

This tells me the goggles are not going up for roll they are being directly passed Player X.
    If you join dont expect to get a roll on the goggles as there wont be one.
    If you are not looking for the goggles then by all means join, if you intend to loot the goggles, then dont join.
    If you join and loot the goggles then bad karma will ensue.

If I was thinking about joining this run I would rather know up front that I had no shot at a roll on the item if that was what I was running for, I could then choose not to run or hope a second pair dropped.
    Instead of being the pug at the chest and seeing them drop and get passed by a guildie without them going up for roll.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

If those people would simply word it differently they would likely make some friends and have about the same chance of getting said item.

The worst part about those types is that people actually join them.

'<xxxxxx> reserved' should be scoffed at.

/shun
    SidekickzDysmoniaEilisia PSSC

Plane of Night, having a brew with my wifey Velah

Apparently it's "cool" to host "loot reserved" lfm. Dunno why.
    The Fight Club - Orien.
    Xcaltar: WF Barbarian 25. Ilithius: WF Artificer 17 / 2 Monk. Searth: Human Favoured Soul.

I could not agree more. If you soloed the quest ask for anything you want that's completely reasonable, otherwise my loot is my loot. The frequency of these posts is increasing and it is generally ppl who can't solo it themselves so they pike along then want you to pass them your loot.

I got bared by a well known guild not long ago as after we were 2/3 of the way through Von 5 I get a tell from the group leader telling me all red scales SOS base and shard are reserved for guild, even if they are in my name. Needless to say one fell in my name I looted it and kindly told him to take a long walk off a short pier.

So I admit I had been drinking a bit when I made the first post. Here's an attempt to be constructive.

This is how I plan to try to help get rid Orien of LFMs of this type:

when a raid/quest that I would like to run is posted with reserved loot, I'm going to send a tell to the leader and tell them that I would like to come along but am not willing to unless the run is "your loot is your loot". The key to this is to be nice enough (two wrongs don't make a right) and not exagerate my willingness to join the group.

I think I will also start posting raid LFMs that say "your loot is your loot". Kind of lame imo that this needs to be said at all but c'est la vie.

If anyone has any other ideas of different things to do to let group leaders know that behaviour like this isn't cool without starting an argument with them please let me know
    Tenfour-Dominican-Bashdem-Spielbergo of Orien

Join the group, loot the "reserved" item anyways.
    Orien Player: Semirasai, ~3~ L28 Drow Wizard :: Kaethe, ~5~ L13 Halfling Barb/Bard/Rog :: Esthera, ~2~ L26 Human Favored Soul
    Sophiae, L20 Drow Bard :: Kitarina, L20 Half-Orc Fighter :: Aadia, L20 Half-Elf Sorcerer :: Olesia, ~2~ L15 Sun Elf Cleric/Monk

I do understand the frustration. I really do. However, if you join a raid when the LFM says "_______reserved", then you are agreeing to abide by that.

I simply do not join item reserved raids unless it is a static group I run with all the time. I know their rules, and I abide by them.

I do occasionally post LFMs for "Free X chests, _______reserved." I soloed the quest, I am offerring you free loot in exchange for transferring the ONE item I ran it for into my name. Don't like that rule? Don't join.
    Orien: Zizie, Zeelee, Zeeny, Zeety, Zeleste, Zeeby
    ?

Community Member

i would join these lfms and loot the item. i noticed those lfms say such and such reserved...but not for who. so i would pull it and say sorry i thought it was reserved for me!

and the rule is always your loot is your loot.
    Last edited by fork_aka_spoon; 01-11-2013 at 09:04 PM.
    Orien server: Forking, Completionist, life 21 of ???

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    The same thing again?
    Yep

The funny thing is that the other group filled and I had to short-men it because mine did not fill.... so so much for posting your own......

P.S. Totally forgot: I BLAME TRAP!
    Last edited by laniza; 01-12-2013 at 11:14 AM.
    “DDO Tip #321 : Wait till the Beholder blinks"

I keep trying to get the rusty longsword in Heyton's Rest, but the rude people who join my LFM keep taking it, even though I always write, "rusty longsword reserved for ME"...
    All on Thelanis: Archenpaul Sixblade, Archernicus Thornwood, Gregorovic Redcloak, Hermanius Brightblade, Jaklomeo Evermug, Jonathraxius Kane, and Praetoreus Silvershield.

Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Quote Originally Posted by fork_aka_spoon View Post
    i would join these lfms and loot the item. i noticed those lfms say such and such reserved...but not for who. so i would pull it and say sorry i thought it was reserved for me!

and the rule is always your loot is your loot.
    orrrrr....
    Leave it in the chest.

So close yet so far away
    SidekickzDysmoniaEilisia PSSC

I agree, who solo'd can claim anything he wants from the chests because after all he/she is the one who made all the effort. Reserving something that everyone fought for (and usually it's the really popular items that get 'reserved') is ridiculous.
    I went outside once. The graphics were amazing but the gameplay and storyline were terrible.

From personal experience those lfms are always put on board by:

1. Really new players who just capped their toon.
    2. People that feel a desperate urge to get their items as if the world is gonna end tomorrow. (Probably the same people who thought the end of the world was last month.)
    3. People that don't have a static group/guild to raid so they post x shard is reserved to augment their chances to get said item.
    4. Or its simply someone asking for help to get what he wants from a raid group...

I guess the best thing to do is to host your own lfm above those people's lfm. Then you will have experienced/serious/friendly people join yours and other type of people can join their lfms...

There's enough room on Orien for everyone just don't sweat too much over blind, immature and selfish people... It may turn out its just a kid that posted and he's been dreaming about said item and don't really know how to express his desire and make it happen...
    Last edited by Faulken; 01-12-2013 at 01:41 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast