Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: DDO Bonus Days!

  1. #61
    Community Member Buddrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Not decay-wise. There large guilds get, in some cases, as much as TEN times less decay per player, a bonus that outstrips even the largest small guild bonus by a wide margin.
    ^THIS

    Small guilds have lost whatever advantage they had in the beginning.
    Farm astral diamonds in game. I've been playing for only a year + a bit but I already have 2 astral diamonds. 3 more and I'll be able to do something with them.

  2. #62
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddrow View Post
    This is a complete generality. Guild progression has always been a direct result of active account and PLAY TIME.

    The reason these "small guilds" were leveling was not because of better renown mechanics it was as it is for large guilds that cap ........active accounts that PLAY ALOT!

    When Turbine introduced the guild system everyone agreed that small guilds need an advantage. So what happened? Large guilds started crying because they couldn't cap by blind spamming guild invites. "That's not fair that the small group of friends are leveling faster than my mob of strangers that could care less about each other." That's not to say there were Large guilds that were high level and even capped way long before any 7 man guild ever did.

    The current mechanic favors large guilds over small guilds. The advantages of small vs. large have been reversed.

    Large guilds are the majority. And small guilds will just have to ride like a minority.

    Small guilds were given an advantage to keep them competitive with large guilds. But because of all the large crybaby's that couldn't figure out how to build a guild correctly. This has changed. Again we bring you the spam guild invite and now your small guild will take longer to level than a large guild.

    Fair is fair as fair is fair; whatever Turbine has given us is what we have to work with.

    Another easy button brought to you from the folks at Turbine to appease the masses.
    Talk about generalizations..... Your talk about large guilds spamming invites is puire BS.... Sure a few did, but most stuck to their same recruiting as they had before.

    I mean I could point out that MOST of the small guilds that went up over lvl 90 cheated pure and simple... And that goes for most of the large guilds as well.

  3. #63
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mystafyi View Post
    Guild renown system has been broken since inception. The pendulum has swung back and forth from small to large guilds for years.

    Turbine decided recently to promote large guilds and punish the small ones. Unsure the reason why, but be assured, the pendulum will swing again.

    Remember your vitriol towards small guilds for when you are the one punished.
    Vitriol? No.... All I've said is that there are choices to be made, whether it be a large guild a medium one or small. There are advantages and disadvantages, in every case. There are soem who want all the advantages in a nice little package without any of the disadvantages. The old system, favored large guilds at the lwoer levels but then it swung way into an advantage for the small guilds at the higher levels.

    I've seen slarden's ideas on how everything would be made "fair"... But I don't think any of hsi ideas fit into the fact that Turbine still believes that decay serves a purpose. I would like to see the ransack upon attaining new levelsdecreased, although this has been put into place to discourage... Let's just say some interesting tactics for gaining renown. The system could be better, I freely admit that.


    Vitriol... Ya you're one to talk since about 95% of what YOU say on any subject fits neatly in that little box.

  4. #64
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Vitriol? No.... All I've said is that there are choices to be made, whether it be a large guild a medium one or small. There are advantages and disadvantages, in every case. There are soem who want all the advantages in a nice little package without any of the disadvantages. The old system, favored large guilds at the lwoer levels but then it swung way into an advantage for the small guilds at the higher levels.

    I've seen slarden's ideas on how everything would be made "fair"... But I don't think any of hsi ideas fit into the fact that Turbine still believes that decay serves a purpose. I would like to see the ransack upon attaining new levelsdecreased, although this has been put into place to discourage... Let's just say some interesting tactics for gaining renown. The system could be better, I freely admit that.


    Vitriol... Ya you're one to talk since about 95% of what YOU say on any subject fits neatly in that little box.
    All the same people from large guilds that are now saying that decay should remain for small guilds were previously signing petitions to get rid of it. The irony is that folks in small guilds were all signing petitions to get rid of decay when this was a large guild initiative.

    You say decay serves a purpose. What purpose does it serve?
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

    Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

  5. #65
    Community Member Nestroy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Europe, and proud of it
    Posts
    2,832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smatt View Post
    Talk about generalizations..... Your talk about large guilds spamming invites is puire BS.... Sure a few did, but most stuck to their same recruiting as they had before.

    I mean I could point out that MOST of the small guilds that went up over lvl 90 cheated pure and simple... And that goes for most of the large guilds as well.
    Smatt, I really would care to know more about where small guilds were cheating to reach lv. 90+. Even the Zonixx experiment was officially OK by the DEVs. And this was very close to what I would call pure cheating.

    Here some general guildlines how to level any guild to level 100, old or new system alike:

    + Be online with all your guild accounts at least 12 - 14 hours a day.
    + Have 100 % active accounts only. No deadwood.
    + Drink the best guild renown boost from the ingame shop available.
    + Run low level Quests only. Run only quests that give plenty chests / minute, independent from XP. Run these to ransack.
    + Kill your toon after runing 3 hours of pot into the grounds. Start over with a new toon.

    With these guildlines, any guild, independent of being small or big could reach lv. 100 within weeks instead of months, years, or never. Proven. Big guilds even would have the advantages of numbers, leveling even that faster.

    So, I cannot see where there is any cheating. Using pots is WAI of course, because sales help Turbine keeping DDO afloat. Being online for prolonged periods of time is open to everyone and therefore cannot be a cheat or exploit by any means. Of course there are players that do not have that much time at hand, but that´s the individual problem of the individual player, not Turbines. With the exception of occasional server downtimes, the servers are up 24 hours / day. No guild is barred from sporting 100% active accounts being online every day for 15 hoours +. Not that many guilds have these - but any guild of lv. 100 has a very high activity level. No cheat here.

    Then the only thing left to be regarded as "cheating" would be sporting more than one account / real life player for renown farming only. Well, with Zonixx doing exactly that with the consent of the DEVs, this is not exactly cheating either. Seems as long as you pour real money into the game, Turbine does not care if you have one account or 100 accounts. I would call this good marketing.

    So, please define "cheating" for the very, very few guilds (small or bigger) that reached lv. 90+ by now. Seems to me that most of these guilds are run by players with very long active online times and the occasional side accounts for farming. Well, as long as they pay for this, I cannot see the problem with that.

    The Problem now with the new system: Even less active guilds can reach lv. 100 now. All they have to do is getting big. Due to ransack after level rules, small guilds get shafted. And most big guilds seek growth not by recruiting newbies, but by plundeing small guilds. Which even adds to the small guild missery (due to renwon loss rules for accounts leaving guilds).

    I do not expect Turbine to solve the problems for small guilds. I expect Turbine to do away with decay completely.

    By the way, if my calculations are correct, to make good on the bonuses given to big guilds with the latest renown changes by 100 %, the small guild maximum bonus should have been set to 3,000 % instead of 300 %. Just for making this clear! Then we would have exactly the same fair chance for big and small alike.

    So for all big guildies arguing "small guilds get the bonus instead", remember this: To make up for the big advantages big guilds get, a small guild should get up to 3,000 % bonus instead of a max 300 % - of course you would strongly argue against this, because then any small guild would have the same advantages or upsides as your big guild. Tell me about small guilds being in advantage under the current system and get lost.
    Last edited by Nestroy; 01-13-2013 at 11:44 PM.

  6. #66
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Um no..... I guess your imagination as far as such things is a bit short... Not a single thing you mentioned is even close to some of the antics that were done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nestroy View Post
    Smatt, I really would care to know more about where small guilds were cheating to reach lv. 90+. Even the Zonixx experiment was officially OK by the DEVs. And this was very close to what I would call pure cheating.

    Here some general guildlines how to level any guild to level 100, old or new system alike:

    + Be online with all your guild accounts at least 12 - 14 hours a day.
    + Have 100 % active accounts only. No deadwood.
    + Drink the best guild renown boost from the ingame shop available.
    + Run low level Quests only. Run only quests that give plenty chests / minute, independent from XP. Run these to ransack.
    + Kill your toon after runing 3 hours of pot into the grounds. Start over with a new toon.

    With these guildlines, any guild, independent of being small or big could reach lv. 100 within weeks instead of months, years, or never. Proven. Big guilds even would have the advantages of numbers, leveling even that faster.

    So, I cannot see where there is any cheating. Using pots is WAI of course, because sales help Turbine keeping DDO afloat. Being online for prolonged periods of time is open to everyone and therefore cannot be a cheat or exploit by any means. Of course there are players that do not have that much time at hand, but that´s the individual problem of the individual player, not Turbines. With the exception of occasional server downtimes, the servers are up 24 hours / day. No guild is barred from sporting 100% active accounts being online every day for 15 hoours +. Not that many guilds have these - but any guild of lv. 100 has a very high activity level. No cheat here.

    Then the only thing left to be regarded as "cheating" would be sporting more than one account / real life player for renown farming only. Well, with Zonixx doing exactly that with the consent of the DEVs, this is not exactly cheating either. Seems as long as you pour real money into the game, Turbine does not care if you have one account or 100 accounts. I would call this good marketing.

    So, please define "cheating" for the very, very few guilds (small or bigger) that reached lv. 90+ by now. Seems to me that most of these guilds are run by players with very long active online times and the occasional side accounts for farming. Well, as long as they pay for this, I cannot see the problem with that.

    The Problem now with the new system: Even less active guilds can reach lv. 100 now. All they have to do is getting big. Due to ransack after level rules, small guilds get shafted. And most big guilds seek growth not by recruiting newbies, but by plundeing small guilds. Which even adds to the small guild missery (due to renwon loss rules for accounts leaving guilds).

    I do not expect Turbine to solve the problems for small guilds. I expect Turbine to do away with decay completely.

    By the way, if my calculations are correct, to make good on the bonuses given to big guilds with the latest renown changes by 100 %, the small guild maximum bonus should have been set to 3,000 % instead of 300 %. Just for making this clear! Then we would have exactly the same fair chance for big and small alike.

    So for all big guildies arguing "small guilds get the bonus instead", remember this: To make up for the big advantages big guilds get, a small guild should get up to 3,000 % bonus instead of a max 300 % - of course you would strongly argue against this, because then any small guild would have the same advantages or upsides as your big guild. Tell me about small guilds being in advantage under the current system and get lost.

  7. #67
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    6,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    All the same people from large guilds that are now saying that decay should remain for small guilds were previously signing petitions to get rid of it. The irony is that folks in small guilds were all signing petitions to get rid of decay when this was a large guild initiative.

    You say decay serves a purpose. What purpose does it serve?
    You keep using the term "all".... Don't....

  8. #68
    Community Manager Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    15,833

    Default

    Stop fighting about guild renown in this thread. Further posts about this topic will be deleted, and the poster will be infracted for failing to follow directions given by a moderator. You have been warned.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!



Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload