I and a friendy were arguing about some classes and it somehow turned into something weird. This is rather silly, but I found the idea fun. If classes were a type food, what would they be? Here are some rules for the puzzle:
1. Class' represented food should go well with food represented by other class(es) in common multiclasses/splashes.
2. There should be some reasoning behind the parallel.
3. The food/product doesn't have to be something that qualifies as a whole meal, but has to be edible alone (as in no 'rogues are ketchup', because almost noone eats ketchup as the main course).
4. Alignment restrictions should also be considered.
So far this is what we came up with:
1. Barbarian- hotdog. Easy to handle, easy to use, easy to make. It's fast food for both cases, some people love them, some absolutely loath. Very easy to show epeen with, but very hard to master as a lot of additional options come from outside the class and are not included in the basic package.
2. Cleric- pie. Come in so many different flavours and is so versatile it's hard to go into any more detail. Anywhere from meat pie as a melee to apple one as a caster.
3. Monk- ice cream. Both light, both go quickly, come in only slightly different flavours. Great for splashes and very tasty alone. Can hardly ever reach their absolute full potential, because humans get a brain freeze.
4. Favoured soul- salad. Just like clerics, get be all meaty like (melee) or fruit ones(casters). Generally considered a heal(th)y type unless you really mess it up.
5. Sorcerer- Skittles. Comes in about 4 different colours, but taste is pretty much the same. Most often people don't splash them with anything and go pure. Have to be careful and can't deal with sudden strong impacts or it will result in scattering all over the floor.
6. Bard- pasta. Can be eaten alone, but nowadays comes with a splash of something else (usually cheese). Always looks good, even if made in a hurry. Usually overshadowed by other classes, but always a great addition to any party/meal.
7. Fighter- cheese. Sometimes comes with a crust (shield), those usually are very sturdy too. Great for splashes as it's a rather frontloaded class.
8. Rogue- juice. Due to low base HP dice and how a lot of new people tend to splatter them all over the floor as soon as they receive a couple hits. As a splash goes with anything and everywhere. Not yet sure what the juice is from. Lemons maybe?
9. Paladin- bread. Your humble and trusty companion. Loads of people have little to no idea how hard and long it takes to make it. And even then they think it's rather meh at best. For me, it's just asking for a splash of something with it.
10. Ranger. Not really sure, was thinking of Fugu.
11. Wizard. Leaning onto jello with this one, but that doesn't feel right. On the other hand, have you tried stabbing gello? It's useless. Strong freeze and hammer works though (CC and burst dps).
12. Artificer. Again, not sure. Rise seems to somewhat apply to this one.
13. Druid. Both of us have yet to play one, so no input here.
If you feel like being insulted by this thread for whatever reasons, that was not the intention, but I am not gonna apologize.
If you manage to turn this into another BYOH, heal me, my loot is mine or over/under(powered) threat, I shall be very annoyed.