Is this the natural progession of things in DDO?
I bit my tongue when I began to see this for single items, but now I can see that was a mistake. I mean if someone is gonna demand all my loot then why should I bother wasting my valuable time in their pitiful group. I might as well join and pike, or just outright crash the party, at the very least to teach a lesson in civility.
1. Run your own group.
That's not the point. Raids (and quests) in DDO are supposed to be a collaborative effort, with many people pitching in for a chance at fame, treasure or what have you. Demanding all the loot, or even a portion of it before the quest has even begun, and it ceases to be that.
2. I spent more resources in this raid than you, so I deserve more.
Oh really? While you were spamming heals on that barb I was busy keeping mobs off of you. Think again missy.
3. I'm tired of running this over and again, so I will demand what I think I deserve, at your expense. I could care less if you did the same, that's your problem.
First, lets try a bit of empathy here. If eleven others are helping you complete a raid, what gives you the right to take their rewards for yourself?
4. Well everyone else is doing it, so why not me?
If everyone else decided to jump off a cliff, then by all means go join them.
5. Don't join if you don't agree with the listed conditions.
When reserving-type posts are the norm instead of the exception, players are then forced to decide on whether to complete content and surrender their rewards, or not complete it.
6. Run with a guild.
Should never be a requirement to complete content.
7. Run solo/hireling
8. This unresolved issue has been posted a billion and one times..
Hence the need to post it a billion and two, or more, until it is resolved.
9. [Internet meme] or other off-topic statement to deflect, distract or annoy the community.
I don't blame players for this (much). The propensity for greed can be irresistible in an MMO and must be kept in check, therefore I instead blame Turbine for a poorly designed loot system, a system that encourages this type greedy behavior to begin with.
I've said my peace.