Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default All Loot is Hereby Reserved

Is this the natural progession of things in DDO?

I bit my tongue when I began to see this for single items, but now I can see that was a mistake. I mean if someone is gonna demand all my loot then why should I bother wasting my valuable time in their pitiful group. I might as well join and pike, or just outright crash the party, at the very least to teach a lesson in civility.

Possible responses

1. Run your own group.
    That's not the point. Raids (and quests) in DDO are supposed to be a collaborative effort, with many people pitching in for a chance at fame, treasure or what have you. Demanding all the loot, or even a portion of it before the quest has even begun, and it ceases to be that.

2. I spent more resources in this raid than you, so I deserve more.
    Oh really? While you were spamming heals on that barb I was busy keeping mobs off of you. Think again missy.

3. I'm tired of running this over and again, so I will demand what I think I deserve, at your expense. I could care less if you did the same, that's your problem.
    First, lets try a bit of empathy here. If eleven others are helping you complete a raid, what gives you the right to take their rewards for yourself?

4. Well everyone else is doing it, so why not me?
    If everyone else decided to jump off a cliff, then by all means go join them.

NEW
    5. Don't join if you don't agree with the listed conditions.
    When reserving-type posts are the norm instead of the exception, players are then forced to decide on whether to complete content and surrender their rewards, or not complete it.

6. Run with a guild.
    Should never be a requirement to complete content.

7. Run solo/hireling
    Ditto.

8. This unresolved issue has been posted a billion and one times..
    Hence the need to post it a billion and two, or more, until it is resolved.

9. [Internet meme] or other off-topic statement to deflect, distract or annoy the community.
    Go away.

I don't blame players for this (much). The propensity for greed can be irresistible in an MMO and must be kept in check, therefore I instead blame Turbine for a poorly designed loot system, a system that encourages this type greedy behavior to begin with.

I've said my peace.
    Last edited by ferrite; 01-10-2013 at 04:00 AM.

You know, I think I agree with you. What if everyone got the items this person 'reserved', including him? Does that mean everyone else has to hand over any handwraps (but I'm playing a monk!) and the shield (hey, I'm a pally and can use that too you know)?

If your looting the chest, and someone else gets something you were hoping for, you can try asking. Who knows, maybe they'll trade you for something your looting. Or they might just decide to let you have it. But stating outright "if this is being looted, it's mine automatically" is rude.
    Finding ones past, present, and future in the threads of destiny.

oh look, a HOX lfm

Community Member

Personally, I don't see the issue. It was stated clearly in the lfm. Just like BYOH, etc. If you don't like the terms of the lfm, don't click join.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    "All characters have multiple abilities when it comes to fighting that benefits the parties ability to complete a quest, how many are YOU using?"

Sketchy Adventurer aradelothion's Avatar

I can understand selling the BtC loot you pull yourself, or prioritizing friends/guildies with the loot you pull. I just shake my head and move on if I see these kinds of LFM's, though I would jump in and help out if it was worded a bit differently, like maybe "x really needs y" or something like.

Oh really? While you were spamming heals on that barb I was busy keeping mobs off of you. Think again missy.
    Heh, yeah. Amen.

BTW, dibs on the +5 tools.
    Asmodeux | Carollous Magnus | Angeleus Dei | Solkanaar | Damodarius
    P I N O Y
    In my world, everyone's a pony, and we all eat rainbows and pewp butterfiles... of death.

Personally I'd join the lfm, hoping I pulled one of the items... just to leave it in the chest. The lfm says reserved... it doesnt say for who... therefore sorry its reserved for the chest.

I'd see no problem what so ever with *will trade 2 reds for wraps or shield*... but in the end your loot is what drops in your name. That guys opinion is one thing, mine is another, gues we'd find our difference of opinions then wouldnt we heh, and no I wouldnt have any problems being squeched by the people who wanted those items. I'd probably end up squelching the raid leader before the raid was over anyway, that way if I was ever in a raid with him again I could ignore his rolls if something did dro and I put it up for roll.

Community Member

My thought would be "The loot has already dropped and apparently they don't need to a group, just posting it to brag at what they got. Hope they enjoy it!" and move on to a group i can go play with and experience the joys of opening my own chests and seeing my own loot in.

Community Member

Default well

just do not join them

the only lfm "reserved" i join is devil assault when i just wait 1 min and loot 5 chests in marketplace
    and give away the 0-2 token i find...

other kind of "reserved" are not worth in my book :P

Community Member

I'd just go on the run and if the item drops for me I'd take it and let the leader cry. kick me if you want, I don't care; the item came up FOR ME, there is no rule that says I have to share.

I know in Shroud its considered common courtesy to give away/let people roll on shards you don't need, but there's no requirement and I have never once had anyone complain when I took a shard that came up for me.

If the item has your name on it, it belongs to you, thats the nature of DDO. Just because the devs kindly offered an option to give it to someone else does not give them a right to it.

This isn't World of Warcraft for cripes sake!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juduss View Post
    Personally, I don't see the issue. It was stated clearly in the lfm. Just like BYOH, etc. If you don't like the terms of the lfm, don't click join.
    Yeah, this. I mean, just take it as the poster of the LFM saying "Hey, I'm a jackass, you don't really want to run with me anyway".

Community Member

go in, press "loot all" as soon as you open the chest. Chances are the leader won't see the pull, or won't get to see who pulled it. If he/she gives you a hard time, angrily state you didn't get anything, you just have a habit of pressing "loot all" immediately. Then ask for proof that you took "their" loot.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by danzig138 View Post
    Yeah, this. I mean, just take it as the poster of the LFM saying "Hey, I'm a jackass, you don't really want to run with me anyway".
    That's how I treat BYOH posts :P Eventually you train your brain to just replace it!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nayozz View Post
    just do not join them

the only lfm "reserved" i join is devil assault when i just wait 1 min and loot 5 chests in marketplace
    and give away the 0-2 token i find...

other kind of "reserved" are not worth in my book :P
    that + weapons shipment bauble farms

Community Member

In all fairness, the party leader has made the loot rules for that group readily apparent before anyone ever joins that LFM. As such, I cannot fault the party leader for playing the game the way they want to. The rest of us get to make the same decision, as such, if we are fine with those established rules, join the party, if not, avoid the party. Now, if halfway through the raid or during the looting phase the party leader, or someone else, tried to pull something like this, then I could see having grounds for complaints.

Community Member pseudomasochist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ferrite View Post
    If eleven others are helping you complete a raid, what gives you the right to take their rewards for yourself?
    This sums up what I think about such parties and I avoid them for that reason. I have no issue with people completing a quest on their own then opening up the party so others can help them pull a certain item. They did all the work, after all. Expecting others to join and contribute, then hand over loot no questions asked is too much entitlement for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    I'd just go on the run and if the item drops for me I'd take it and let the leader cry. kick me if you want, I don't care; the item came up FOR ME, there is no rule that says I have to share.
    I can't agree with this type of behavior either. Joining a party means you agree with the leader's conditions. What you're describing is intentional griefing and action deserving of blacklists, not only kicking. If you don't like the rules set forth by someone, don't apply for their party. It's that simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

So first, let me start by saying ... ***...ANOTHER ONE...because we needed 1 billion and one of these threads...THEY ALL end up with the same people with the same opinions as the last 1 billion that came before....

Secondly ....*** .... ANOTHER ONE...

Ok...got it out of my system...

Just don't join...no harm no foul...or post another HoX run that says "If you don't agree to the other guys terms, just join mine"
    Argo server:
    Deadbot-Sorcerer Warforged // Weetawted - Wizard AM Warforged // Rattletrap - Light Monk Warforged // Baloons - Artificer Warforged // Mormorromrom - Favored Soul Human Evoker/Healer

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    In all fairness, the party leader has made the loot rules for that group readily apparent.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudomasochist View Post
    If you don't like the rules set forth by someone, don't apply for their party. It's that simple.
    One small problem: the party leader does not have the right to set "loot rules". The only "loot rules" that exist are those set and applied by the game engine. If those rules aren't good enough for you, go play World of Warcraft where you can be as big a jerk as you like when leading a raid.
    Last edited by HunterjWizzard; 01-09-2013 at 08:22 PM.

One small problem: the party leader does not have the right to set "loot rules". The only "loot rules" that exist are those set and applied by the game engine. If those rules aren't good enough for you, go play World of Warcraft where you can be as big a jerk as you like when leading a raid.
    Apparently he does have that right...even if you, I or God himself dislikes it...you know how I know...because he did it....
    Argo server:
    Deadbot-Sorcerer Warforged // Weetawted - Wizard AM Warforged // Rattletrap - Light Monk Warforged // Baloons - Artificer Warforged // Mormorromrom - Favored Soul Human Evoker/Healer

Community Member

You're wrong.
    Why else have a comments section?
    BYOH. Know it. Doing all opts. Zerg only. No zerging! All welcome. Bauble is mine - don't join if you won't pass. Epic farming: name your seal; all are equally viable & vallid lfm "rules" or conditions for joining.

Everyone is as free to be "a jerk leading a raid" as you are to be "a jerk joining a raid" just so you can cause grief & drama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    "All characters have multiple abilities when it comes to fighting that benefits the parties ability to complete a quest, how many are YOU using?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ushurak View Post
    Apparently he does have that right...even if you, I or God himself dislikes it...you know how I know...because he did it....
    He tried to do it, but as I pointed out: if I went on that raid and the item he wants drops with my name on it, there is nothing at all to stop me from taking it. The game engine doesn't allow him to set a rule saying it goes to him. All he's done is called "dibs!" and expected me to abide by that out of... what? the goodness of my heart? If I don't need it/can't use it I don't mind putting it up for roll or giving it away, but that's my decision, the party leader doesn't get to "make a rule" about it, the game doesn't give him that ability.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast