Thread: VoN5/VoN6

Community Member

Default VoN5/VoN6

Is anyone running either of these raids on a regular basis...can't seem to find any, up to date, raid parties.

I am flagged as LFG for this whenever I log in to the game.

Cheers
    Hearsehauler

What server are you on?

You can usually find em on Khyber
    Enjoy yourself your time on earth is very short.

All Kyber toons - Xirthax (Paladin) : Xirth (Wizard) : Xirthtrix (Fighter) : Xorthtrox(Monk)

Epic or not?

Epic runs are more frequent in my experience.
    Heroic seems to pop every once in a while on Sarlona
    Sarlona ~ Endgame

Epics run pretty often on g land, heroics have.a kind of pattern as different waves of trs hit those levels.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Also keep in mind that VoN5 Only runs also popup for At Level, are usually run for the First Time Bonus. However, due to the amount of XP running this on Elite can produce many will skip regular Heroic runs in favor of the Epic ones.

What I have noticed though is that if you start a group and are willing to be patient "They will Come". Of course your results may vary depending on Server and Time Chosen.

Community Member

Default More info...

1st character, 1st life (11C, 1F), login to Cannith (playing from US east coast)
    Never run the quest before...so any kind of raid will do for me.

Thank you all for the replies

I would suggest getting into a guild, one with an online presence that has a calendar or at least a regular schedule. Then find out when the VoN raid is OR put up an event for a VoN raid yourself. My guild runs a VoN5/6 weekly (epic) we will get 6-10 from guild and PUG the rest out.

The point is a guild will help you seed the raid with players so that when you put up the LFM it looks somewhat ready to go and will fill more readily than a single player looking for eleven more.

Additionally we almost always start the raid clearing part 5 - rarely do we not fill by the time we have gotten the voice and ring. The fact that you are a cleric will help your raid fill a bit faster - having a rogue in your first couple players will make it fill alot faster as they key slots are filled.

Also expect everyone to want to do it VoN5 on heroic elite and you will likely get people who drop for VoN6 (though I don't know why - 5-10more minutes for a chance at decent loot.... or a wipe either way isn't much lost).
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Fair warning, VON6 is a real shock the first time you heal it on heroic difficulties.

It's a very short fight (usually won or lost in 60 seconds), but incoming damage is extreme and unlike anything you will have encountered before. Velah attacks very slowly but her hits do a sizable chunk of a level 12 player's max HP and her critical hits will one-shot players (although by 12 you should be immune to these).

I'd actually recommend running it on Epic Hard once you cap - it's more forgiving to heal, and it is also not over so fast.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.