Community Member

Default > > > no vip status given after paying < < <

I upgraded 5 DAYS AGO to VIP status. The $14.99 has been deducted from my bank account. My online account management for DDO says I became VIP on the 4th. Unfortunately, here I am 5 DAYS LATER and the game itself is still a premium account.

So I have lost nearly a week of VIP status!!!!

What the heck is going on here???! I paid for a month and I am not getting a month...I'm not getting ANYTHING for my money at all. No point. No VIP access...nothing except a $14.99 deduction from my bank account.

I tried the account support by email but all I get are automated responses. Not a bit of communication other than that. I cannot call during office hours because I cannot call from work.

I have to say, I am very upset over this...especially since I was hoping to prepay a year next month. I'm certainly glad I didn't do it this month, as I would really be ripped off!

If I don't get a response within another day, I am telling my bank to pursue action and cancelling my account. Even if they activate my account now, I have lost nearly a week of VIP access. Will they reiberse the time? Add it to my status?

They really need to make this right. Too much competition to have mess ups lke this.

As a new player (tried in 2008; returned after trying others recently) this is the only bad experience I have had, so this customer can be saved if they handle it right.
    Last edited by PeteDutcher; 01-09-2013 at 09:44 AM.

I notice this is your first forum post. That makes me wonder if you have more than one account. Could you have accidentally applied the payment to the wrong account?

If that's not the case, call Customer Service on the phone. They should be able to resolve it for your quickly that way, I found them very helpful the one time I had to call about an access issue.

Edit: Oh, and as someone who used to work in customer service, saying "fix it now or I'll charge it back", "fix it now or I quit", etc, often has the opposite effect you would expect, especially on a first contact attempt like this one. You need to start calm and reasonable in your first call/email/letter.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDutcher View Post

I tried the account support by email but all I get are automated responses. ...
    Obviously, calling them would be the ideal thing, if you could, as things would get fixed right then.

Email responses can take about a week, so depending on when you sent your email, could still be a couple days. They will get you squared away as soon as your email comes up - being first come, first serve.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member

Gkar, it is my first post because I am new. As I said above, I tried the game back in 2008 for a few days, but I was playing City of Heroes back then, so I did not return to this game until very recently because City of Heroes shut down.

I activated for a month 2 months ago while searching for a new MMO to play. Last month I canceled and tried DC Universe for a month (ended up playing Premium DDO for most of the month more than I played DCU). This led me to deciding to stick with DDO.

I have a settlement payment coming next month, so the plan was to activate DDO for this month and then pay a year next month.

And really, if you paid for something and didn't get it, wouldn't you want a refund or time credited as a result? I'm not asking for anthing other than what is owed...and clearly, if it isn't given, ANYONE would leave. It is not a idle threat.

cdbd3rd, I would prefer to call actually, but given my situation at work I cannot do so. Calls are forbidden for anything other than business and all calls are recorded. I do not have a cell phone.

I would think acocunt services would be a priority with email support, considering that is where the bread and butter comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDutcher View Post
    Gkar, it is my first post because I am new.
    That's fine, it wasn't a dig, it was just a long shot to check as people have made that mistake in the past I thought it worth at least asking

And really, if you paid for something and didn't get it, wouldn't you want a refund or time credited as a result? I'm not asking for anthing other than what is owed...and clearly, if it isn't given, ANYONE would leave. It is not a idle threat.
    I didn't say it was idle, what I was trying to say is the threat isn't helpful because, as you correctly poitn out, its quite reasonable and obvious that people would leave if they feel ripped off. In generally however, starting with threats that don't even need to be said, doesn't make people react well to you. It was just a bit of friendly advice.

cdbd3rd, I would prefer to call actually, but given my situation at work I cannot do so. Calls are forbidden for anything other than business and all calls are recorded. I do not have a cell phone.

I would think acocunt services would be a priority with email support, considering that is where the bread and butter comes from.
    Many companies give voice the primary response for CS and fill in email at times they don't have active calls. Not saying its bright, just common.

You can't make a call using a company phone and a LD calling card (if needed) during lunch/a break or some other time between 10am and 7pm EST?

If not, then sadly you will need to wait a few more days for resolution. Hopefully they will treat you right at that time and extend your VIP membership for the missed days.

And welcome to the game

Don't take this to be snarky, but you really do not know anyone at work that would let you use their cellphone for 10 minutes?
    Hilarious Princess....Sorry your life is so medicore after all this time..Lol, you are scared of a farmer? with a tractor....?