Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by warwon101 View Post
    I came back a few days ago and been working on a WF Soc, but finding it hard to use as I get into the longer quests this is only at lvl 4 btw.

The guild has suggested that the WF AR is a very decent and capable soloing class.

Any feedback?
    IMO Arties are just fine, but a WF Sorc is da bomb.
    "Don't give up on the sorc, once you get your SLA's, you're on easy street" would be my feedback.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by stefferweffer View Post
    On the subject of hit points at higher levels, you guys are talking about running Hard or Elite content, right? My Artificer just hit 20 and he has 28 CON after enhancements/gear, Toughness, and 2 Toughness Enhancements. I think he also has an Improved False Life item. Anyway, he now has "only" 372 hit points. But he is a first life, non-raid gear character. I haven't touched crafting yet, and he doesn't have millions of plat in the bank either.

I'm hoping that no one is suggesting that you can't play to level 25 on Epic Normal, for example, with less than 400 hit points.
    Correct. Also, I'd add it applies far more to elite content than even hard.

Tier 3 shroud hp items take a while to make, but tier 2 is fairly quick and gives you an extra 25hp (vs. 45 for the tier 3). Guild item slots can give up to 20hp, but I tend not to use them because of the 6h duration. Greater false life is readily available, and if you're a warforged you may want to try to obtain an unsuppressed quorforged docent (this is a nice consolidation item, bringing together +6con, superior false life, and toughness). Argonesson favor gives another 10hp if you have 150 favor (easy to get if you do all the GH quests on elite, but ofc dependent on you owning the pack).

Additionally, each epic level adds 10 + con mod + toughness mod hp, which in your case would be 20/level, so by 25 you'd have 472hp without any other additions in any case.

Having said all that, its still a good target to aim for 500hp minimum on a L25 artificer imo, which shouldn't be too difficult for most players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    I don't get rendered helpless... because I started with more than 8 Str.
    Meanwhile, I started with a Str of 8 and also don't get rendered helpless. Perhaps Str8 isn't the critical factor?

If I may retort in kind, in five lives my wizard was never killed by a disintegrate. This is the second key to my above point: we are speaking of mobile builds, able to avoid damage at literally the same time as doing damage. It is relatively easy to mitigate incoming rays this way, because rays only hit one spot. Symbols (and ball type spells) have a much larger radius of impact, and symbols specifically can lie in wait.
    Even mobile builds are hit by lag, or looking in the wrong direction, or momentary lapses of concentration. You're seriously telling me you can avoid disintegrate rays in the midst of heavy combat (with the associated lag etc) but you can't watch where you step when it comes to symbols?

Hp is essentially a safety buffer. For a multi-tr toon, having a lower con or not having toughness or the related enhancements can be mitigated via past lives and gear. For a first life toon it can't, plus the level of familiarity with the game is likely to be lower. Therefore a large hp buffer is more helpful than a +2 to starting str, which will lose its impact by level 6-8 at the latest in any case.

Community Member

I personaly never go below 16 for con on any toon..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12