Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wink Greetings, Cannith!

In all the years I have been playing this game, it never occurred to me to post anything here in the forums. Mainly I've been a silent observer, gleaning information here and there while indulging in the occasional drama or doom thread. Why break the silence now? Hmmm... Allow me to explain.

With each of the three servers I have called home (four if you count Tharashk) I never really got to know the community very well. I would PUG now and then, yet I would normally stick to a small grouping of folks that I felt comfortable with. After being here on Cannith for a bit, I felt it would only be prudent to become acquainted with the server I now consider my homebase.

I transplanted here roughly in May 2012 as the result of Grakulen's weekly livestream show featuring DDO on MMORPG.com's Twitch TV channel. His group looked like they could use a Rogue and so I created one on Cannith. The show had a good run, but sadly had to come to an end. Leadership of the guild that was created was given to me and I decided that Cannith would be my main server.

During the course of the livestream show's run, Grakulen introduced me to the Insomniacs Gaming Community (IGC) who span across multiple MMOs. Upon spending some time with folks in IGC, I became a member. After a while it was decided that I was to become the DDO Chapter Leader for IGC. I felt it only appropriate that I would continue to stay based on Cannith, considering the MMORPG'com guild to be the acting chapter guild due to IGC's loose affiliation with MMORPG.com.

In an effort to get to know the community here on Cannith better, I have adventured with PUGs far more than ever before, mainly in the low to mid level range. What I have found thus far is for the most part you all are a great bunch of people and I sincerely thank those who have given me a warm welcome to this server.

A few fun facts about myself:

• I am an altoholic. On Cannith alone, I have nine characters of varying levels.
    • All my characters are Elf or Drow. Optimal? No, but pointy ears are neat.
    • Sometimes I like to zerg and other times I like to flower-sniff. Depends on my party.
    • I've been known to provide guest passes to players as long as I have the points.
    • My raiding is horribly rusty and I may need retraining. I blame all the alts.
    • I enjoy spending time helping out new or returning players.

Are you still awake after all of that? You are? Well, I have some good news... I will now bring this lengthy introduction post to a close. Thank you kindly for reading this far and I look forward to meeting more folks in the Cannith community!

Community Member

Welcome!

First, can you list down your toons so that we in general can avoid you?

Just kidding, send me a private message here if you want to join our learning raids, or just want to run something.

Happy Hunting.

Cheers.

Always good to see another Cannithian (cannithling... cannithite?) on the forums.

Community Member

Thanks for the lovely story. It's branching of connections like that which bring out beauty in a multiplayer experience.

Hopefully jolly gents like yourself continue to fill our server. I've dabbled in a few other servers, but not for very long. Something about Cannith is dear to me and it's nice to see others hold that same pride.

Community Member

Welcome to the server. Hope to see you out and about.

I do, however, maintain that elves somehow always look like light-skinned drow with a 5 o'clock shadow. Yes, even the females.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Very well, arjiwan. I shall list all of my characters here on Cannith so you know who to blacklist.

Seriously though, I appreciate the offer for raid retraining and I am aware of the thread regarding such. It has been a very long time since I've done any raiding mainly due to server hopping, alt creation, and helping folks get started. I'm not complaining, mind you, as all of these activities are worthwhile in their own ways. However, I would prefer to be prepared so I am not a liability to anyone if I should wish to raid again in the future.

The following is a list of my characters here on Cannith. Feel free to request any of my guises if needed.

Nuxava - Elf Rogue (Assassin/Shadowdancer)
    Xyrhakah - Elf Wizard (Pale Master)
    Nuxvymyka - Drow Sorcerer (Air Savant)
    Jyssana - Elf Favored Soul (Angel of Vengeance)
    Zyraxa - Drow Cleric (Radiant Servant)
    Vyvana - Drow Bard (Virtuoso)
    Eluvereth - Drow Druid (Season's Herald)
    Nuxania - Elf Ranger (Arcane Archer)
    Nuxaja - Drow Sorcerer (permanently at Level 4 to assist new players or alts)

Memnir, I greatly appreciate the welcome and your signature image posting. I feel very special now that I have been greeted with an image of the Tenth Doctor.

Coldblade, thank you so much for the kind words. I feel it is only fair to warn you that I am not a gent but a lady. In any case, I agree that Cannith is where it's at and that more good folks should join this fine server.

(Added due to Sandypaws posting before I was finished with this post.)

Sandypaws, thank you for the welcome. There is a good chance you may see me somewhere in one of my identities as I play often. I'm not sure about the five o'clock shadow bit for the females, but I had a chuckle nonetheless.
    Last edited by Ssaparra; 02-04-2013 at 10:42 PM.

Community Member

It dawned on me that this could be the case, but jolly gent just sounded too good to pass up at the time.

Welcome to the forums, good to have you on Cannith.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssaparra View Post
    Nuxava - Elf Rogue (Assassin/Shadowdancer)
    Xyrhakah - Elf Wizard (Pale Master)
    Nuxvymyka - Drow Sorcerer (Air Savant)
    Jyssana - Elf Favored Soul (Angel of Vengeance)
    Zyraxa - Drow Cleric (Radiant Servant)
    Vyvana - Drow Bard (Virtuoso)
    Eluvereth - Drow Druid (Season's Herald)
    Nuxania - Elf Ranger (Arcane Archer)
    Nuxaja - Drow Sorcerer (permanently at Level 4 to assist new players or alts)
    I'd like to be in the same party with one of these characters just to see how people pronounce them in voicechat.

Quote Originally Posted by Theender View Post
    I'd like to be in the same party with one of these characters just to see how people pronounce them in voicechat.
    PUGs use voice chat?

Coldblade, the use of "jolly gent" does produce a nice wordflow, doesn't it?

Hey there, Theender and Dielzen! *waves vigorously*

Of all the PUGs I've been involved with thus far on Cannith, I think only one person elected to use voice chat. To my recollection, I don't think there was any attempt to pronounce my character's name.

Truthfully, I don't use voice chat a lot either when I PUG. Normally it is due to either being really late at night while hubby is sleeping or conversing with IGC folks in Mumble. I simply lack the talent to speak on ingame voice chat and Mumble at the same time... So many "miskeys" that often had hilarious results.

Quote Originally Posted by Theender View Post
    Welcome to the forums, good to have you on Cannith.

Nuxava - NUX-ava
    Xyrhakah - Zeer-HAK-ah
    Nuxvymyka - Nux-vee-MEEKA
    Jyssana - JISS-sana
    Zyraxa - ZIRE-axa
    Vyvana - VIE-vana
    Eluvereth - ELU-ver-eth
    Nuxania - NUX-ania
    Nuxaja - NUX-aja

Not too hard. Course, I could be wrong. But hell, I've had people struggle to pronounce "Aliandara" before.

Oh come on Lyria - anyone can pronounce that character name - I mean how hard is to say " Aildarana" !!
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnofEntropy View Post
    Who wouldn't want to see Flizik the dwarf jamming to 'Devil went down to georgia' and smoking a pipe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lyria View Post
    Nuxava - NUX-ava
    Xyrhakah - Zeer-HAK-ah
    Nuxvymyka - Nux-vee-MEEKA
    Jyssana - JISS-sana
    Zyraxa - ZIRE-axa
    Vyvana - VIE-vana
    Eluvereth - ELU-ver-eth
    Nuxania - NUX-ania
    Nuxaja - NUX-aja

Not too hard. Course, I could be wrong. But hell, I've had people struggle to pronounce "Aliandara" before.
    Huzzah! You have actually pronounced each of my character names correctly. Your cookies and kittens will be in the mail shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaNZ View Post
    Oh come on Lyria - anyone can pronounce that character name - I mean how hard is to say " Aildarana" !!
    I had one guy trying for like 30 seconds to say it one night, just BADLY mangling it each time, until I finally just told him "Ali is fine". My favorite though is my little halfling wizzy named Fiona, whose name apparently has become a swear word for Turbine's filter. Whenever I send my guild invites out to my alts, it's "^&*#**! has invited you to their guild", and people comment on the fact that her name is filtered. It's funny as heck.

Huzzah! You have actually pronounced each of my character names correctly. Your cookies and kittens will be in the mail shortly.
    Woo hoo! Peanut butter m&m and munchkin kittens if I can have a preference

In all the years I have been playing this game, it never occurred to me to post anything here in the forums. Mainly I've been a silent observer, gleaning information here and there while indulging in the occasional drama or doom thread. Why break the silence now? Hmmm... Allow me to explain.

With each of the three servers I have called home (four if you count Tharashk) I never really got to know the community very well. I would PUG now and then, yet I would normally stick to a small grouping of folks that I felt comfortable with. After being here on Cannith for a bit, I felt it would only be prudent to become acquainted with the server I now consider my homebase.

I transplanted here roughly in May 2012 as the result of Grakulen's weekly livestream show featuring DDO on MMORPG.com's Twitch TV channel. His group looked like they could use a Rogue and so I created one on Cannith. The show had a good run, but sadly had to come to an end. Leadership of the guild that was created was given to me and I decided that Cannith would be my main server.

During the course of the livestream show's run, Grakulen introduced me to the Insomniacs Gaming Community (IGC) who span across multiple MMOs. Upon spending some time with folks in IGC, I became a member. After a while it was decided that I was to become the DDO Chapter Leader for IGC. I felt it only appropriate that I would continue to stay based on Cannith, considering the MMORPG'com guild to be the acting chapter guild due to IGC's loose affiliation with MMORPG.com.

In an effort to get to know the community here on Cannith better, I have adventured with PUGs far more than ever before, mainly in the low to mid level range. What I have found thus far is for the most part you all are a great bunch of people and I sincerely thank those who have given me a warm welcome to this server.

A few fun facts about myself:

• I am an altoholic. On Cannith alone, I have nine characters of varying levels.
    • All my characters are Elf or Drow. Optimal? No, but pointy ears are neat.
    • Sometimes I like to zerg and other times I like to flower-sniff. Depends on my party.
    • I've been known to provide guest passes to players as long as I have the points.
    • My raiding is horribly rusty and I may need retraining. I blame all the alts.
    • I enjoy spending time helping out new or returning players.

Are you still awake after all of that? You are? Well, I have some good news... I will now bring this lengthy introduction post to a close. Thank you kindly for reading this far and I look forward to meeting more folks in the Cannith community!
    bwahaha convincing him to do the show on cannith has paid off
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Ultimately you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it be a good player.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    Please don't make posts like this, thanks.
    You can give a man fire and he will be warm for a day, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyria View Post
    Woo hoo! Peanut butter m&m and munchkin kittens if I can have a preference
    Peanut butter cookies with M&M's sounds pretty tasty. Excellent choice. As for the kittens, I'll have to pack them seperately... Don't want them eating the cookies.

Quote Originally Posted by Combat_Wombat View Post
    bwahaha convincing him to do the show on cannith has paid off
    Well, well, well... I was wondering if you were still around. Grakulen being convinced to select Cannith last spring has just doomed you all to having to put up with me forever now. (insert evil laugh here) At least I come bearing cookies and kittens, so I guess that's a plus.
    The Blue Queen - Shadow Warriors - Cannith

www.twitch.tv/thebluequeen

Community Member

Greetings Ssaparra, wouldnt mind joining your lfms. Say hi to Insomniacs for me, will you.

Pyreal af Templar

Hey!

Liking the elf/drow names, quirky just like they should be. Since you've already put yourself out there and you have a knack for cool names, here's a small challenge for you. If you'd ever roll a half orc, what would he/she be called?

See you in game!

Hey there, Barnaky! You are more than welcome to join my groups or ask me to bring one of my characters to your groups. I imagine you would need some cannon fodder on occasion. Also, I will pass along your greeting to the Insomniacs.

Stoerm, thank you very much for the compliment. When pondering creating a Half-Orc character, I may be tempted to call he or she "Umbra" after the Orsimer NPC encountered in Morrowind. It's the name that always comes to mind when I see a Half-Orc in DDO. Not terribly original, I know.
    The Blue Queen - Shadow Warriors - Cannith

www.twitch.tv/thebluequeen

Community Member

Thank you, ive just reinstalled the game.
    Pyreal af Templar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast