Community Member

Default Underdark important for low level?

Is there any reason for a new player to get underdark before level 18ish, or is all of the underdark content only for high level? I want to get back into the game but I don't have any high level characters and I'd rather just wait until later to buy it if its not going to make a difference to me at low level, but if there are features or adventures or w/e that would make my experience a lot better even at low levels i'll just buy it now.

What say ye?

Nothing in there for lowbies. The quests to open the portal to reach that pack are level 16 I think. I would wait until it's on sale, or you're around that level.
    You are responsible for your own DDO experience.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by katana_one View Post
    Nothing in there for lowbies. The quests to open the portal to reach that pack are level 16 I think. I would wait until it's on sale, or you're around that level.
    Thank you.

Community Member

The only quests in the MotU pack that are lower than level 20 are the challenges (lvl 15 and up) and 2 quests with fairly sub-par xp at lvl 19. Everything else is at least level 20 and because of the way epic quests are set up, you must be at least level 20 to access any of them. The quests to get to eveningstar are level 16, but they are all F2P so you can do them without buying the expac.

On the other hand if you where to say grab the standard expansion bundle it comes with many other perks as well that might better serve a lower lvl toon.
    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516100
    Standard Edition Features
    3 Forgotten Realms Adventure Packs
    Featuring a multitude of epic adventures, unprecedented new wilderness areas with challenging objectives, a host of dungeons and more!

The King's Forest
    Explore deep into the King’s Forest and defend the village of Eveningstar from Lolth’s Drow legions!

The Underdark
    Venture down into the Underdark and confront Lolth’s elite followers in the Drow city of Sschindlyryn!

The Demonweb
    Journey to Lolth’s home plane in this Raid quest, battle demon hordes and confront the spider goddess herself as you attempt to stop her scheme!
    Epic Destinies
    Attain epic enhancements as you progress through levels 20-25!

Druid Class
    Wield nature’s magic, or transform into a powerful animal form, as you play the all new shape-shifting Druid class! Free to VIPs!

Eveningstar Challenge Pack
    New challenge quests for levels 15-25! Free to VIPs!

Greater Tome of Learning
    (1 free tome per DDO game world)
    Permanently increases experience earned by a character up to level 20. Provides +50% bonus to experience for first-time quest completions and +20% boost to other earned experience points. Stacks with other experience boosts and persists through all forms of reincarnation.

1,000 Turbine Points

Veteran Status (lvl 4)
    Start a new character at level 4!

DDO Classics Adventure Pack bundle

Phiarlan Carnival

Attack on Stormreach

The Path of Inspiration

The Dreaming Dark
    Vertabreaker On Steam
    Vertabreaker's Power Hungry Quest TR 29 Of 40
    Encourage Self Sufficiency
    Power Gamer - Meta Gamer Since 1985