Community Member

Default Glaciation return aka ingame money grab

hi there everyone im a premium player from the orien server who has been playing for 6 years now and the leader of Exalted Deeds. So now to the fun.

I read a forum post from feather of sun that the risia glaciation was removed from certain items after update 16. well i remember having one made for my sorcerer a +2 major ice lore scepter of spell pen 2 ( nothing fancy i know ) and lo and behold it did have the improved glaciation 9 removed from it. So i looked into it and found this posting..

( Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun Source
    A bug in Update 16 caused this item effect to delete itself from items. We've taken steps to ensure that a similar bug can't happen again.
    I've spoken to our In-Game Support team lead, and if you submit an In-Game Support help ticket, they should be able to provide a reimbursement package of Festival Glaciation recipes and the number of Motes of Winter required to fully upgrade an item to whichever Glaciation amount you would like to. You will be able to put Festival Glaciation back on your item when the Risia Ice Games return this winter. We apologize for the trouble this bug has caused, and hope that you'll enjoy what we have in store for the upcoming Winter events. )

Well so i tried to put in a in-game help ticket to find that i just get a 404 error and i was unable to make a ticket.
    So i went to the next step and sent a message inquiring about this to Support.turbine.com the response from them was a lenghty e-mail stating i should put in a in-game support ticket.... so i responded by telling them that the in-game ticket does not work for me... thier response was this

( Thank you for your inquiry. The issue you have described cannot be resolved through support.turbine.com. To obtain assistance with your issue, please contact our In-Game Support team via the “New Ticket” button found on the bottom of the Help Menu panel within the game*. This button will be listed next to the FAQ and Report a Bug buttons.

Upon receipt of your request, the In Game Support team will contact you through the in-game chat interface and provide further assistance for this issue.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please respond to this email, and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

The Turbine Customer Service Team

* If this button is not listed then your account is not currently eligible for In Game assistance. You can obtain eligibility by becoming a VIP member or through the purchase of Turbine Points. Please note that if your current subscription plan is Free-to-Play, access to the In-Game Support team is limited. We recommend that you inquire with other players in the general chat channels and/or submit a Bug Report to our Quality Assurance department for review. Remember that bug reports do not receive a response unless additional information is required, and this is not an avenue for you to contact us for immediate assistance.

Turbine, powered by our fans. )

So i sent Another message explaining that the in-game does not work... and this time no response from them at all.

So on to the next step after becoming more and more frustrated. Call the hotline which i have done many times before and i love the hotline people, as they are extremely friendly and helpfull. i explained the problem to the gentleman on the phone and i was informed that for me to get compensation for my risia that i worked/farmed alot of hours for i would have to put in a in-game ticket... so i explained that i cannot.

i was informed that due to a change in the system after 6 years i was able to access the in-game ticket system was because i have not purchased turbine points in the last month and i was not VIP.

So Let me get this straight.. in 6 years of playing i have been a VIP for 3 years or so, and then bought out my entire account to become a premium player and have spent still money on my account to keep it up to par with all the new content and bought the pre-release expansion pack with all the bells and whistles and im still not able to get back my risia Glaciation on my scepter ?

To get from no Glaciation to Superior Glaciation IX would take 45 recipes and 11,585 Motes of Winter.

I have alot of time and money invested in this game and the quality from the company has been going downhill lately but im expected to run out and buy points so that i can get back something i worked hours to make that they destroyed with the Lower quality they have been subjecting the players to and im told repeatedly that they cannot fix it untill i buy points...

Who else finds this Horrible ? I know i do. hopefully this post is seen by a dev and hopefully things are made better. im sure im not the only person that this has happened to and it needs to be fixed.

Thank you for your time

Acora / Mardulac / Palsorn / Savantus / Tarril and my 16 other alts.
    Last edited by Glyph420; 01-08-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Thumbs down Sorry

Sorry bout your glaciation stick. Unfortunately, In-Game support access has always been something that VIPs and Premiums had access to and free to play did not. The definition for Premium player being someone who has bought points within the last few months has also been the same for a long time. Therefore i cannot feel too bad for you, as you obviously have not bought points to support the game in awhile so you lose access to In Game Support, and that is the way it has been. You said yourself that you used to be ViP so you made the decision to become premium and have not purchased anything in awhile, but think you should be treated like a VIP.

I lost a Glaciation item as well but never bothered to get issue resolved.

Poof! now only major ice lore.

And dont have much faith that it wont happen again.

Want to mention 2 things.

One, i thought premium status was permanent once you had bought points. It is for most of the other things that are upgraded when going from free to play to premium. If they are going to differentiate between premium A and premium B players, it seems kind of unfair that they use the standard of how recently you have bought points rather then how many points you have bought. So apparently someone who bought six dollars worth of points a week ago is considered higher status than somebody who bought 50 dollars worth of points two months ago. Doesn't seem right.

Second, about the glaciation. Since the upgrade to spell power, the risia festival recipes were changed. Glaciation 9, which was the highest prior to the change, was changed to spell power 78. The total requirement to upgrade an item from scratch to sp 78 was also changed. Now the whole process costs something in the neighborhood of 1300 motes, if i recall correctly. So replacing that won't be quite the grind or expense you think it will be.

The recipes themselves have always basically been considered junk by the people who farm them as you get jillions of them while farming the motes or the number 5's. If you could drag the harbor there would probably be enough of these recipes in it to upgrade every item on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Loki98 View Post
    Sorry bout your glaciation stick. Unfortunately, In-Game support access has always been something that VIPs and Premiums had access to and free to play did not. The definition for Premium player being someone who has bought points within the last few months has also been the same for a long time. Therefore i cannot feel too bad for you, as you obviously have not bought points to support the game in awhile so you lose access to In Game Support, and that is the way it has been.
    I am confused. Who is and isn't "allowed" to use the in-game "New Ticket" button?

If one looks here:
    http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Account_Types

All three account types get Self-Service Online. Is the "New Ticket" button not the "Self-Service Online" support?

Back to the OP, personally, I don't care what account level you are at, turbine should have a way of restoring the glaciation mess up some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliss7 View Post
    I am confused. Who is and isn't "allowed" to use the in-game "New Ticket" button?

If one looks here:
    http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Account_Types

All three account types get Self-Service Online. Is the "New Ticket" button not the "Self-Service Online" support?

Back to the OP, personally, I don't care what account level you are at, turbine should have a way of restoring the glaciation mess up some way.
    No, "self service online" means you have access to the technical forums and you can figure out your own darn problems. In otherwords, no support really.

And in an interesting twist, those who have paid for full service don't get it if their forum account is banned or suspended - that makes sense eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Glyph420 View Post
    (...)
    Turbine, powered by our fans. )
    (...)
    This part on support replies, always makes me laugh

Community Member

Default glaciation

The fact that i have bought points when i bought the update 16 pack right when it was put out means nothing then..or the fact that me and my wife have premium accounts with both of us buying our points for new packs constantly as soon as they come out, we have supported the game from the day we started playing.

The point to this thread is so that turbine hopefully will see it and maybe try and help people who lost items over this. the finacial aspect to this does not bother me but to be told that i can't have something back that was destroyed thru their error unless i buy points is ridiculous to say the least.

Please FIX this turbine

Oh and my favourite line ever.
    May the Silver Flame guide you.

ps. loki98 you have to have bought point in the last 30 days as i was told.