Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 70
  1. #41
    Community Member jakeelala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Oh, to bad. I think you can leave that poor puppy alive.
    Seems like that falchion I pulled is kind of useless at the moment.
    The level drain effect is working in the way it used to some updates ago (only occasionally procing on crits).
    As another thread in the crafting section indicates this is probably true for all Cormyrian Weapons.
    I filed a bug report on it... Sad panda
    My arty possesses a cosmic heavy repeater of obscenity...it Also only procs level drain sometimes on Crits. It is not limited to cormyrian level drain. People with grave wrappings seem to proc level drain more than my fury of the wild /imp crit corm falchion swinging battle cleric. I think they nerfed level drain

  2. #42
    Death's Dominator Eth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    My arty possesses a cosmic heavy repeater of obscenity...it Also only procs level drain sometimes on Crits. It is not limited to cormyrian level drain. People with grave wrappings seem to proc level drain more than my fury of the wild /imp crit corm falchion swinging battle cleric. I think they nerfed level drain
    Why nerfed? That's the way level drain used worked (procing sometimes on crits - even the description still says so).
    The question is if they changed it to proc on every crit and forgot to apply this new effect on some weapons, or if the current weapons where it works on every crit are just bugged.

    In the current state level drain is just upgraded heavily for some weapons.
    Last edited by Eth; 01-14-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

  3. #43
    Community Member ddo.rsmo.pt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    462

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post

    Boots: Twisting Shade again, highest you can get. (Dex provides Reflex saves and this is worth a gearslot).
    Thanks for a good build. I was looking for ideas for a proper Battle-Cleric (I know how people hate this name) and I found one I can steal some ideas. I was going to base it from wax_on_wax_off's build from here but it was too WIS focused.

    As some might have suggested before me (no patience to read them all), Fury of the Wild is more useful, and you can twist what you need from LD anyway.

    Also, such low Wis, doesn't impact on the mana you end up having?

    As a correction, the Boots you suggest are called "Treads of Falling Shadow". The bracers and boots are quite amazing.

    Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor9/Wiz7/Fvs4) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

  4. #44
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    Why nerfed? That's the way level drain used worked (procing sometimes on crits - even the description still says so).
    The question is if they changed it to proc on every crit and forgot to apply this new effect on some weapons, or if the current weapons where it works on every crit are just bugged.

    In the current state level drain is just upgraded heavily for some weapons.
    Despite the crit range difference, this could just be the unarmed attack speed(and maybe haste boost, if the cleric is using cleaves instead of normal attacks) working its magic.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

  5. #45
    Community Member jakeelala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HalfORCastrator View Post
    Despite the crit range difference, this could just be the unarmed attack speed(and maybe haste boost, if the cleric is using cleaves instead of normal attacks) working its magic.
    Perhaps. But the crit range is so low for monks it doesn't make sense. I think AJ was saying he was convinced the grave wrappings were level draining on every crit. I could be mistaken though.

    Will you please let me beat on somael with grave wrappings, an obscenity repeater, and my corm falchion today to test?

  6. #46
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Perhaps. But the crit range is so low for monks it doesn't make sense. I think AJ was saying he was convinced the grave wrappings were level draining on every crit. I could be mistaken though.

    Will you please let me beat on somael with grave wrappings, an obscenity repeater, and my corm falchion today to test?
    Could be observer bias too.

    And lmao, yes.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

  7. #47
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,346

    Default Bumping...with a question...

    I really really like this build.

    My main is Atropine is a 18Cleric/2Monk/5 Epic with some Destinies.

    I have Stunning Fist DC of 58 and I have gotten a lot of compliments from the melees I run with.

    HERE IS THE QUESTION...

    Is a 58 DC good enough in EE? I have yet to head into EE yet. Still gathering some gear and destinies.

    Statements...

    Anyway, I avoid damage with Evasion (Reflex in the mid 40's now) and tactics (I get behind monsters and stun right away). I also let the "tanks" do their job (take damage and deal it) and I do my job (make their dps more with stuns...buffs...heal them...and enfeeble the monsters).

    Well, this build makes me want to dust off "Hjealer". My Dwarven Cleric who is a first life that was just a test build. I would be Dwarf instead of Human, and I can try this out to see how I like it...and compare them.

    BTW what I like about Sirgog's build...You can choose the be punchy (don't need the TWF feats...but I LOVE Stunning Fist). But here is what I liked the most about this build...

    Can wear robes and punch things.
    Can wear Light Armor and keep evasion...Marilith Chain is Light Armor now!?
    Can wear Heavy Armor when evasion is out...and PPR is in.

    Anyway, Atropine has the Past Lives and the gear, but I think I shall start running this on Hjealer and see what I like more.

    Iono, I like trying to focus on just one toon, but sometimes its nice to have a change of pace.

    PS to the people that complain about being in LD and lacking SP from only 17 levels of CLR...you keep people alive with Aura and Bursts...and Mass Heal.

    If people are suicidal...4k SP will not keep them alive.
    "Hireling" Human Cleric...Yes I stand in traps...my name is Hireling...its in my nature.
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  8. #48
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,346

    Default

    OK...finally made my Epic Marilith Chain today...

    Gonna LR my Clonk into this build.

    Because I am LRing at 25 I can splurge and go MNK at level 1.

    Feats

    1 Cleave
    1 (human) THF
    1 (MNK) Power Attack
    3 Empower Heal
    6 Maximize
    9 Quicken
    12 Great Cleave
    13 (MNK) Toughness
    15 ITHF
    18 GTHF
    20 (FTR) Improved Crit Slashing
    21 Overwhelming Crit
    24 Extra Turning

    I may swap in Empower over Extra Turning? Or maybe Shield Mastery for those Shieldy Moments?

    I am also starting with just 16 STR and putting some extra build points into INT (want to max Concentration and Balance and UMD and a little left over for Jump)

    Also I plan on putting Wisdom higher...I am worried about being Disjuncted (Monkey in ADQ in particular).

    Anyway...excited.
    Last edited by Bacab; 01-19-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    "Hireling" Human Cleric...Yes I stand in traps...my name is Hireling...its in my nature.
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  9. #49
    Community Member jakeelala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    OK...finally made my Epic Marilith Chain today...

    Gonna LR my Clonk into this build.

    Because I am LRing at 25 I can splurge and go MNK at level 1.

    Feats

    1 Cleave
    1 (human) THF
    1 (MNK) Power Attack
    3 Empower Heal
    6 Maximize
    9 Quicken
    12 Great Cleave
    13 (MNK) Toughness
    15 ITHF
    18 GTHF
    20 (FTR) Improved Crit Slashing
    21 Overwhelming Crit
    24 Extra Turning

    I may swap in Empower over Extra Turning? Or maybe Shield Mastery for those Shieldy Moments?

    I am also starting with just 16 STR and putting some extra build points into INT (want to max Concentration and Balance and UMD and a little left over for Jump)

    Also I plan on putting Wisdom higher...I am worried about being Disjuncted (Monkey in ADQ in particular).

    Anyway...excited.
    Even though I think turns are more important than sirgog does, I still think burning a feat on them is unnecessary. Don't take Extra Turning as a feat. You will regen turns basically as fast as auras last. You should just plan a small pad for bursts for oh s*** situations, like maybe 5-7 over 1/1 turns. If you have 8+ turns a rest, you should be fine, but it doesn't hurt in IMHO to have 9-12.

  10. #50
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    Even though I think turns are more important than sirgog does, I still think burning a feat on them is unnecessary. Don't take Extra Turning as a feat. You will regen turns basically as fast as auras last. You should just plan a small pad for bursts for oh s*** situations, like maybe 5-7 over 1/1 turns. If you have 8+ turns a rest, you should be fine, but it doesn't hurt in IMHO to have 9-12.
    Yeah ended up going with Empower.

    I do slot that twist from Unyielding Sentinel that gives bonus turns and regens them faster.

    Also on my AP...I didn't develop my smiting line at all.

    Went with 3 Extra Turning (1, 2, 3 AP).

    I generally have 15 Turns a rest, and rarely run out.

    Basically I only run out when the thing glitches and my aura or burst does not activate and I have to hit it again.
    "Hireling" Human Cleric...Yes I stand in traps...my name is Hireling...its in my nature.
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  11. #51
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the right spot at the right time.
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    If u keep fav soul I think splashing 2 lvls is a solution for ur current build along with the melee destinies and the extra feats from ftr2 or wiz1/ftr1 cause I think force manip1 and the favsoul prestige stack with blade barrier.
    Your lack of healing amp not my problem. Please buy and use your own remove curse pots in combat, so I don't waste mana. Not my job.

  12. #52
    Community Member Sircowdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Maybe a little off topic, but I've been playing this build on my current life and liking it so for. The only problem I've seen is that I don't have any kind of uber gear. I've been living off of AH bought equipment and anything I've been lucky to find on quests while soloing.

    Level 14 right now, doing Gianthold quests. Using a +4 Voltaic Greatsword or the level 12 version of the Elemental Axe of Fire from cannith challenges. Wrath of Sora Kell set and a couple of other easy to get items.

    Damage output seems ok in Hard, but elite it takes far too long to kill things. Also, it doesn't seem like I have enough SP to zerg through and rely on BB to kill without any spellpower increases besides the Sora Kell set.

    Any suggestions? I'm sitting on a 34pt build with mixed +3 and +2 tomes for all stats.

    Still, the build seems very solid, and I have no complaints. I can already see the potential of the build with EDs and better gear.
    What might we accomplish, if we never feared defeat?

  13. #53
    Community Member jakeelala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,205

    Default

    This build should rely mostly on blade barrier and melee until you hit 20. it's not a lot of fun to level, but once you get fury or LD things change quickly. Make sure you're spamming cleaves and great cleaves and you're using PA. You should have nay trouble leveling with basic gear. I had greensteel though

  14. #54
    Community Member Sircowdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakeelala View Post
    This build should rely mostly on blade barrier and melee until you hit 20. it's not a lot of fun to level, but once you get fury or LD things change quickly. Make sure you're spamming cleaves and great cleaves and you're using PA. You should have nay trouble leveling with basic gear. I had greensteel though
    That's what I've been doing. Although it's a little hard to rely on bladebarrier without a heavy WIS focus. Even with a 6 wis item the DCs are pretty are pretty low, and the relative SP cost is also fairly steep when maximized. Can't afford to spam it, and have to use it only when I know it'll be most effective.

    Cleave and G.Cleave are VERY nice.

    Like I said, the only thing that gets me usually are poor rolls against traps. The damage of those is so out of proportion with anything else in the game that it's either group with a trapper, or have redonkulous gear to bump your reflex save. I understand why it's like that(multi life TRs with max gear), but it DOES make it annoying to level sometimes.
    What might we accomplish, if we never feared defeat?

  15. #55
    Founder
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,472

    Default

    How does this compare to the wf arty juggernaut in practice?

  16. #56
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maddong View Post
    How does this compare to the wf arty juggernaut in practice?
    This build has Radiant Servant and can Mass Heal.

    Its like comparing a Tukaw to a Soul Survivor (WF FVS).

    One has better saves than the other...one can Heal a Raid.

    Which do you think gets into parties easier?

    TBH I like battle wizards and etc...But I just enjoy my Clonks and Battle Clerics and Melee FVS. They can always bring something to a party.
    "Hireling" Human Cleric...Yes I stand in traps...my name is Hireling...its in my nature.
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  17. #57
    Community Member WruntJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    This build has Radiant Servant and can Mass Heal.

    Its like comparing a Tukaw to a Soul Survivor (WF FVS).

    One has better saves than the other...one can Heal a Raid.

    Which do you think gets into parties easier?

    TBH I like battle wizards and etc...But I just enjoy my Clonks and Battle Clerics and Melee FVS. They can always bring something to a party.
    The arty who will definitely have dr breaking buff/deadly weapons over the obviously melee divine that may or may not bring healing for anyone else, in my experience.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

  18. #58
    Community Member Bacab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3,346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    The arty who will definitely have dr breaking buff/deadly weapons over the obviously melee divine that may or may not bring healing for anyone else, in my experience.
    Fair point.

    I have been told "You are the first melee divine that makes it work I have ever seen."

    I have a lotta practice though. I don't even want to know how much XP I have accumulated on divines. I can keep a group up and buffed etc like its second nature.

    Then again, its a skill>build/gear

    This type of build is not for everyone. And neither is the Juggernaut.

    I have a WF (my old Soul Survivor) sitting at 9ish...been trying to find something he could do to use all his gear...
    Torn between a Tukaw and a Juggernaut. Not sure what I'll do his next and final life as.
    "Hireling" Human Cleric...Yes I stand in traps...my name is Hireling...its in my nature.
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

  19. #59
    Community Member cdr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,069

    Default

    Sirgog's swapping armor for spell absorption never sat right with me... I found a couple Spell Proofing shields, much better. I'd much rather swap a weapon set for a couple seconds than have to deal with re-equipping armor, and shields are no more annoying to find than outfits.

  20. #60
    Community Member Bill_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    76

    Default Agree at Spell Points; Also, Light Armor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sircowdog View Post
    Also, it doesn't seem like I have enough SP to zerg through and rely on BB to kill without any spellpower increases besides the Sora Kell set.

    Any suggestions?.
    SPELL POINTS
    My build is Vet II, all stats same except 16 str, remainder in Charisma for turns. Obtained level 12 last night.

    After running a few quests, I've found the sp for buffs/blade barrier to be insufficient (with Maximize on). I don't know if this is because of a) a lack of sp gear or b) my past experiences with a wf fvs/monk and a larger spell pool.

    I assume it is a situation where "you can't have it all", and the melee dps (which is "good", as stated in the OP) would suffer from too much taken from there. Any advice is welcome

    LIGHT ARMOR
    Need ideas for levels 16 (when evasion begins) and 20+ (since it will take a while to acquire FRDS/Commendations). This is a first life toon, so gear needs to be acquired as I go. Again, any ideas are welcome.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload