Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

NO raid gear should only be used by the character that earned it

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    Personally, I fully support the OP's suggestion. I can't understand the arguments of "if you want it, you have to earn it" as you would still be running the raid. The only difference is that instead of waiting 15 minutes for a healer or other desirable build to join the raid, someone could simply switch over to that build to help the raid and still have a shot at getting the gear they want/need for the right characters. This is one of the biggest draws to shroud in my opinion, as I can run it with multiple characters and eventually get what I want on who I want. I am still running the raid, I am still "earning" the loot, it would just make it easier to fill the group and actually play the game.

/signed
    Its pretty simple that character that uses it should earn it

Beware the Sleepeater

I'd prefer BtCoE, sincerely
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Community Member

nah, tho some loot is debate if it should be btc or bta the bound type is very importaint

bound on equipt means you can sell and trade them
    bound on acquire let the group roll or trade via chest

as annoying as it is this stabilizes the economy and ensures more runs

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    Not to mention - changing the binding status on existing items erodes the efforts of those who have already raided for said items. No.
    This argument is the equivalent of "I was just following orders" for games with items that you do stuff to get. It immediately disqualifies the user from further input.

Community Member

I think BTA Raid items should be ok..... After all.... effort is effort........

Dont agree about selling em on the AH though.......

No thank you.
    “Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.” ~ Mark Twain

Community Member

/not signed

As said before, u get the gear that u loot. It's already too easy to get some gear from 12-18 raids when played at lvl 18-25 (so easy that the real question is why running it?)

/signed with one caveat, no auction, no broker. You can trade it, you can mail it, you can give it away and sell it to a vendor, but no auction and no broker, the trade must be face to face, digitally speaking.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

(Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)

As already said...

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    You can't sell BtA items on the Auction House.
    ..so, no. There would be no raid items sales on AH.

For everyone that says "It should be earned on the same character", then we should change Shroud ingredients, epic seal/shard/scrolls, Stormreaver/Abbot marks, Chronoscope loot, and Cannith khyber fragments to be BtC as well?
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

/not signed

I think the simplest argument against the OP is that it works fine as it is. Sure there is some drama but overall its a system that functions with minimal issues.

If there is serious consideration about this then I hope that at the very least made it so you had to complete the raid once to "flag" for wearing the gear.

I might be ok with a slight alteration to the proposal. I would be fine if there was a mechanic where if there was only 1 character with a divine class over 10, then the first raid item that character pulled from the chest would be BtA/BtCoE.

This way it would allow someone to play a healer on the raid and still get an item for the toon they would have ran. The first item only would stop the abuse of giving ALL raid loot to the healer, to distribute to ALL his/her toons... and then repeating that for the other players with different characters.
    Male Fairy: "Dont cry my dear. You know what I do when I'm sad?"
    Felicia Day Fairy: "Look douchy..."

Quote Originally Posted by mournbladereigns View Post
    Actually, if this Nerf's one of Shade's barb's I doubly support this!

Any new method of making it easier to obtain loot will be a code you buy in the ddo store for that privilege. BTC is another barrier in the game that can likely be coded to pay to circumvent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Any new method of making it easier to obtain loot will be a code you buy in the ddo store for that privilege. BTC is another barrier in the game that can likely be coded to pay to circumvent.
    If anything this would reduce pay2win raid-timer-bypass, since less raid loot would be sold to vendors and more would be sold to people who need them.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

(Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastikator View Post
    If anything this would reduce pay2win raid-timer-bypass, since less raid loot would be sold to vendors and more would be sold to people who need them.
    When this happens, it will reduce the need to run raids at all. We already dont have to farm most gear with toons that will use said gear, and we can already buy the gear for many slots off the AH.

I was speaking in more direct terms, where old world stuff, especially base items are still BTC. It wouldnt surprise me if an item ended up in the store to make BTC into BTA for base items like VON, reaver, abbot, DQ titan loot. Run DQ on your fighter, loot the torq, p2w, and taa-daaa now your caster has a torq. BTC base items are just another old school barrier, like raid timers, that can likely be turned into pay-to-bypass.

More should be GIVEN to people in the raid who need them, rather than sold to vendors. If theres 12 people in the raid who dont want it, what are the chances of buying a code to unlock the bind in order to sell it on the AH, and it actually selling? I would say very little.
    Last edited by Chai; 01-10-2013 at 12:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Fort Smith Arkansas. Yes, some people here actually DO get on the internet!

I think some people are still misunderstanding Nibel's clarification. They seem to think he wants raid items on the auction house or something.

No he says pretty plainly: you loot it, it is now bta. you equip it, it is now btc.

Again, I like the idea. I would rather be ACTUALLY PLAYING the content than waiting on that poor divine who doesn't even want anything from the raid to suck it up and trudge along with us. And oh brother have I waited. I've spent some QUALITY time in some 11-guys-looking-for-a-divine pow-wows. Enough to make me remember trying to find a group in older generation Everquest.

Anything that stops me from sitting in front of the damn quest door and gets me IN THE QUEST PLAYING faster is a hundred steps forward in my book.

While it seems like a good idea on the surface, it introduces a new element of scarcity when raiding. As it stands now, if a piece of raid loot drops that someone can't use, they transfer looting rights to someone that CAN use it. Make it BtA-BTCoE and it would create the incentive to keep things for other toons, or "just in case."

And that is the only reason I am saying 'no.'

Quote Originally Posted by Certon View Post
    While it seems like a good idea on the surface, it introduces a new element of scarcity when raiding. As it stands now, if a piece of raid loot drops that someone can't use, they transfer looting rights to someone that CAN use it. Make it BtA-BTCoE and it would create the incentive to keep things for other toons, or "just in case."

And that is the only reason I am saying 'no.'
    People might keep their own pulls more but is it a bad thing? How important is it to keep the rolling mechanism?

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Cyiwin View Post
    People might keep their own pulls more but is it a bad thing? How important is it to keep the rolling mechanism?
    It seems very important to me without it I think some raids would get ran a lot less if people knew nobody will pass loot then they might not raid I know that if started happening I would proably just keep loot for my alts or pass only to friends and guildies.

Now I run raids sometimes knowing that there is nothing really for my character there and I am just helping friends/guildies/or even a pug. If it was BTA or BTCoE I would take everything instead of passing especially with BTCoE that one seems a raid killer

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Niv-mizzet View Post
    I think some people are still misunderstanding Nibel's clarification. They seem to think he wants raid items on the auction house or something.

No he says pretty plainly: you loot it, it is now bta. you equip it, it is now btc.

Again, I like the idea. I would rather be ACTUALLY PLAYING the content than waiting on that poor divine who doesn't even want anything from the raid to suck it up and trudge along with us. And oh brother have I waited. I've spent some QUALITY time in some 11-guys-looking-for-a-divine pow-wows. Enough to make me remember trying to find a group in older generation Everquest.

Anything that stops me from sitting in front of the damn quest door and gets me IN THE QUEST PLAYING faster is a hundred steps forward in my book.

It would have me raiding less rather than more and cause me to say no more often when I am asked to join a raid with my characters that get asked.

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    NO raid gear should only be used by the character that earned it
    Yet we are the same players playing more than 1 toon.

Causes problems for lots of raids/quests for people who have healers or toon suited to fit the group but wont switch to them because the toon they are currently on is the one that wants the item and the item is BTC.

How many LFM's collapse because no healers want to pug runs that have absolutely nothing of any use to them. EDQ and EDragon runs still fill quickly because Seals/Shards are BTA.
    Many players would switch to a character that would fit the party better instead of passing on the LFM all together if items were BTA.

Initially there may be more people pulling items to suit their other characters, but in a lot of cases people would eventually have the items they want and just run to help others... or even pass on items knowing that the option is there to loot for an alt at some point instead of looting for some future possible TR life.

I have run too many runs where something is left in the chest because BTC exclusive items are already held by the 1 or 2 people in the run that could have used it..
    TOD for example... Switched to my cleric to get the run done and the ring I was after for my melee dropped and no one wanted it... It rotted in the chest.

Stupid thing I see now is Forgotten Realms.. quest named items are BTCoE so they can be rinse repeat/farm to death and AH to your hearts content..
    Yet the chain end reward is BTCoA... what sense does that make.. you actually run the entire chain and you get a neutered list of items that you cant use on the current toon but see something an alt could use on the reward list and end up taking tales of valor.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 01-16-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 30/42 , RC 36/36 , IC 12/21 , EC 29/36 , RP 85/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/42 , RC 0/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 36/36 , RP 36/158..favor toon)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/42 , RC 19/36 , IC 15/21 , EC 19/36 , RP 63/158)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast