Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Tier 4 Greensteel

We need to make Shroud Epic, and add another tier to greensteel (Tier 4). Just make another full set of epic ingredients that can only be earned on epic runs, and then a 4th tier of upgrade options. Shroud is a great raid, but nobody runs it anymore, because the gear is mostly obsolete after you cap.

The same goes for Lord of Blades. We need to be able to make alchemical items for any slot in our inventory (not just weapons and shileds). The House C content is great, but nobody plays it, because the alchemical weapons are mostly obsolete due to superior named weapons in the expansion content. LOB would be played constantly, if you could make an alchemical helmet or goggles, for example.

Obsolesence of all items prior to the expansion is killing the game for me. I love the old content, but it's becoming pointless to play it. These fixes seem pretty simple. Come on Turbine, help us out here, please.

..Boots from Titan
    +Goggles from VoD
    +3 Shards of Supreme Power
    +Encrusted Ring
    +Staff of Arcane Power
    =+9 Greater Twilight Golden Pantaloons of Electric Boogaloo Mastery

etc...and what not. all kinds of things they can do.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

Community Member

The Shroud is still played extensively, I have never had any trouble finding a group. However, shroud loot is used almost exclusively as TR-gear, as you pointed out epic loot is much better. As for the Lord of Blades, that raid has its own set of problems that does make it barely played(I have never seen an LFM up for either raid and I need both).

That being said, I think it's a great idea. I'd like to see two extra teirs, actually, just to keep in line with the shroud system and because I like to see V on things. But even just epic shroud and tier IV would be an impovement.

I know it might be a bit game-breaking if the gear was still ML12, but maybe have the epic tier(s) not kick in until you hit 20? I dunno how many people are riding the TR-train clear to 25, for my TRing characters its just straight to 20 and back again.

But still, the shroud is the best designed adventure in the game, it deserves more love!

Community Member

With regards to shroud, it has been my experience that it is still at least a fairly popular raid, as a lot of the item effects that you can get out of there are difficult to replace at best. There have been occurrences of epic shroud actually being available on lamma land, but last I heard there were no plans to ever implement it live.

With regards to the cannith raids, I personal do not bother with them more due to how the raids are set up (having to run through the wilderness every single time) and how the loot crafting is set (complete lottery to get what you want, not very well designed in my opinion.

Adding a fourth tier of effects to greensteel would take an already extremely powerful set of items and make them ridiculously over powered. Especially if they maintain the ML 11/12 that they have. Combine that with the fact that there are enough good items to find in the game right now that I, at least, wouldn't bother with the cannith raids even if I could put all sorts of effects in 1 slot with them. It just isn't worth it to me, same as CitW isn't worth it. Alchemical loot looked like it had potential when it came out, but aside from handwraps for monks, the power increase over greensteel was not worth the time required to make them.

/not signed.

Community Member

Why no one plays the master Artificer and Lord of Blades raids:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...highlight=pole

yeah its pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    ...Especially if they maintain the ML 11/12 that they have....
    I think the implication in the OP, which is very clear, is that they'd be ML 20 at least with that "epic" word.

Personally I'm not sure I'd want to farm for that, but find the idea interesting nonetheless.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    I think the implication in the OP, which is very clear, is that they'd be ML 20 at least with that "epic" word.

Personally I'm not sure I'd want to farm for that, but find the idea interesting nonetheless.
    I dunno, I have a greensteel necklace thats Blindness Immunity, Poison Imunnity, Fear Immunity, Disease Immunity, and Deathblock, all on a single item. If I could add say Striding +30% and Feather Fall onto the end of that, I think it would still be better than anything I could find in the Epic content, worth being ML20 and worth farming epics for.

So long as they kept the traditional shroud system and didn't do something like Alchemical again...

Shroud is run quite often. maybe not so much on your server? i dont know, but i see lfms for it all the time, but not many for at level. i am on board with making it epic and adding a tier 4 GS. honestly, i think its just a matter of time. whoever designed Shroud and the Vale developed a moneymaker for Turbine and adding epic version would make it even more popular. i think it could be a lot of fun on epic.

i did read somewhere that some loot pre Shavarath is getting an upgrade soon (TM). what exactly, raid loot or random named items and how good they will be i dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    I dunno, I have a greensteel necklace thats Blindness Immunity, Poison Imunnity, Fear Immunity, Disease Immunity, and Deathblock, all on a single item. If I could add say Striding +30% and Feather Fall onto the end of that, I think it would still be better than anything I could find in the Epic content, worth being ML20 and worth farming epics for.

So long as they kept the traditional shroud system and didn't do something like Alchemical again...
    not nitpicking, but there is no more immunity to disease or poison. just a + whatever it is, 6? but yeah, GS crafting i consider the best crafting we have. an epic version would take care of the possibility that they could become obsolete.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    not nitpicking, but there is no more immunity to disease or poison. just a + whatever it is, 6? but yeah, GS crafting i consider the best crafting we have. an epic version would take care of the possibility that they could become obsolete.
    Yeah... I know its just +6, it said "Immunity" on the crafting planner when I initialy planned the item, and to be honest I made it specifically to get Blindness Ward/Fear Immunity/Deathblock all on one item, so changing poison and disease to +6 didn't really matter to me. I play a warforged artificer, I'm not entirely sure I know what "poison" and "disease" are...

I still don't believe GS is going obsolete whatsoever... Especially with the min level requirements.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    I still don't believe GS is going obsolete whatsoever... Especially with the min level requirements.
    A lot of people say its obsolete because they are only running epic(21-25) content. Its weird, I know, my guess is that these people assume no one ever TRs anymore just because they do not. Greensteel CANNOT be beaten when it comes to TR-gear, I mean it just can't.

I always find it weird when I tell people "Oh, I need my greensteels because I am planning to TR" and they tell me that "you can get better stuff on random drops in Eveningstar". Better stuff that is ML21+. Weird, isn't it?

A lot of people say its obsolete because they are only running epic(21-25) content. Its weird, I know, my guess is that these people assume no one ever TRs anymore just because they do not. Greensteel CANNOT be beaten when it comes to TR-gear, I mean it just can't.

I always find it weird when I tell people "Oh, I need my greensteels because I am planning to TR" and they tell me that "you can get better stuff on random drops in Eveningstar". Better stuff that is ML21+. Weird, isn't it?
    The challenge gear comes pretty close at level 12, and can be made to be ML 10 with the -2 ML item. It also costs one weekend of running challenges to make a pair of tier 3 khopesh rather than 40-50 completions of the shroud.

While I would not say the Shroud is obsolete, theres far less reason to run it than before, unless that toon is going to be run through the TR ringer as a melee quite a few times. Buy up as many ingredients as possible, run it 1x or 2x for shards, craft a 45 hp item, and never run it again.

Quote Originally Posted by teh_meh View Post
    ..Boots from Titan
    +Goggles from VoD
    +Encrusted Ring
    +Staff of Arcane Power

I'd grind for those.

I'm yet to see random loot drop with +45 hp, blurry and displace clickies. Lemme know if you find some;
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Shroud still has items that are unquestioned best-in-slot at level 25. They just aren't weapons.

Enervation Guard (Ash 2) is the single best effect in the game for EE melees. A fairly high proc chance that does 25000 damage to orange nameds if they are at full health?

And that's not even considering the HP or SP that item gives you.

That said the weapons are not suitable for level 25 (a Falchion of Mauling with a non-useless prefix is ahead of GS) but they remain nuts on TRs.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Founder

+9 Greater Twilight Golden Pantaloons of Electric Boogaloo Mastery
    They'd better make this item now!

Quote Originally Posted by HAL View Post
    They'd better make this item now!
    Even though I hate petitions, it's time for a petition!
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

..Boots from Titan
    +Goggles from VoD
    +Encrusted Ring
    +Staff of Arcane Power

You forgot the cells man!
    http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Item:...ic_Energy_Cell
    Born to play, Forced to work !

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    The challenge gear comes pretty close at level 12, and can be made to be ML 10 with the -2 ML item. It also costs one weekend of running challenges to make a pair of tier 3 khopesh rather than 40-50 completions of the shroud.

While I would not say the Shroud is obsolete, theres far less reason to run it than before, unless that toon is going to be run through the TR ringer as a melee quite a few times. Buy up as many ingredients as possible, run it 1x or 2x for shards, craft a 45 hp item, and never run it again.
    This.

Its not that greensteel is worse than random/challenge loot. But the grind is much lower for people starting from scratch now. Not even the tier 2 clickies are easily achievable now because people are not farming part 1-4 anymore, and just straight completing for the extra larges.

Shroud is still being run mostly because we don't have anything else to run at cap. CitW was hot until everyone got their weapons, now a few people farm commendations and hope for a +5 tome. Other people think the farming is not worth the half die of weapon upgrade and stay away after getting the tier 1 upgrade. So, they return to Shroud for mats (may be still useful if TR), LoB/MA for shards, and eVoN/eDQ for sos/torc.

Shroud is on its last leg. Like VoD/HoX was pre-expansion. I bet that before 2015, Shroud will be run as much as Reaver nowadays (aka, by a few saudosists, but not for loot anymore).
    Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist (12/14) [<o>]
    Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Kensai, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast