Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by shadereaper33 View Post
    From a pure mechanical point of view, this idea sounds really nice. However, within the realm of the actual game, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    Magic!

Actually, keep in mind that every Reincarnation done through Kruz destroys the body and rebuilds it. So, even from an in-game perspective the MAGIC should be able to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Failedlegend View Post
    I'm sorry not all us have as much time to play DDO as you and don't want to waste the precious little time we do have leveling a character we hate, there's no reason to not add race and for that matter sex change to the DDO Store.

/Signed to both
    Perhaps use your free lesser to fix the character's stats? really sounds like a stat problem rather than a race problem since all races are essentially created equal (Unless you're thinking about racial bonuses to 2h weapons, I mean even the poison resistance can be mimicked by an item)

/signed however I have no problem with turbine making more money, no matter what they call the reincarnation.
    Current TR project -- Anshel life 8 of 20 ending up FVS
    Side TR project -- Daciana (life 8 of 14 maybe)(Will be completionist druid)
    Khyber main server

Originally Posted by MeliCat:
    I don't like strawberry ice cream. You can offer all the strawberry ice cream that you like and I won't eat it. Offer me chocolate and I'll ask for second helpings.

I'd just like to reiterate an idea I voiced some time ago, which I call False Reincarnation:
    Relatively cheap (so noobs can easily fix early noob mistakes), and functionally exactly the same as a TR, except that it resets your character's _current_ incarnation (ie. no extra stats, past life feat, etc.).
    It could also be styled as retirement; the handing down of belongings to an heir.

Of course, that doesn't really pertain to the issue at hand; that of a complete lack of gender-change ability; but I'd hope/expect that such functionality would come as an option during TRing, before it appeared anywhere else.

But would it mean that the demand on charslots would be reduced? If you can really fix and change everything, you wouldnt have to do another char to try out everything, just one char and then go through all optional stuff with it.

I think its a balance between changeable options and the need for another char to earn money from both, bought charslots and reincarnation.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralladan View Post
    But would it mean that the demand on charslots would be reduced? If you can really fix and change everything, you wouldnt have to do another char to try out everything, just one char and then go through all optional stuff with it.

I think its a balance between changeable options and the need for another char to earn money from both, bought charslots and reincarnation.
    Buying a character slot is a one-time 500-600TP cost. Race/Gender changes could be multiple-time 1000-1500+. As someone who's already bought all 10 character slots I can still say I'd take it.

When I initially proposed a race change I hadn't even considered a gender change, but I am definitely /signed on that. Its just an asthetic but its an asthetic people care about.

And as for all the people saying "just level to 20 and TR"... if I can't stand the character enough to play it to 10, how am I going to get to 20? I don't enjoy playing the character but I do not want to give up 9 levels and a greater tome of learning. And I'm not about to consider the ludicrous time investment it would take to cap... Maybe MAYBE if free XP stones come around again, but that was probably a once-in-a-lifetime get.

/signed Race change should be included in one of the Lesser/Greater Hearts of Wood. When you are a casual player on your 3rd and final life, getting to level 20 is challenging. I would like to ditch Dwarf for Human or Helf Monk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12