Community Member

Default Auction House Runearms question

The ones I am interested in are minimum level 20, and my Arti is rank 2 of 19 right now, so I'm watching for good deals on those.

But I have noticed that there are "variations" of the same rune arm. Some say "Normal" in the upper right of the description, and some say "Elite". Once I reach level 20, am I able to wield both types? I know this may be a dumb question, but I want to make sure if I buy an "Elite" runearm that I don't need to be running a quest on Elite difficulty in order for it to work, because I almost always just play on Normal.

Thanks very much for your help.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

That just refers to what variant it is, not what level you have to run quests at.

Consider it a tiering, much like some weapons/items have different tiers.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Corruption_of_Nature

This is what you are probably looking at. As you can see there are 6 variants of the weapon. Where upon the EE is the strongest and normal is the weakest.

Community Member

The last two updates, Song of Druids Deep (U15) and the High Road of Shadows (U16) have implemented a new loot system for named items. Items out of those two adventure packs have different tiers that correspond to the difficulty they were obtained in. For U15, there are 6 total tiers, as those quests have both heroic and epic difficulties, while U16 has 3 tiers. The different tiers are fairly similar, with hard being slightly better than normal and elite being slightly better than hard. This system was set up to provide a reward incentive for people to run higher difficulties without the rewards being so powerful that people feel required to run those difficulties. Fortunately, as MM said, you don't need to be on any specific difficulty to use the item once you obtain it.

Corruption of Nature (Runearm, BtCoE; End chest) I have Hilighted the LEVELS and on what difficulties each of these can be found on. If you purchase one from the AH then the only issue you will have is at what level each of them CAN BE used at.. for Instance the Epic Hard version you MUST be lvl 23 or above to use it..

Corruption of Nature (Level 15) NORMAL - Rune Arm: Acid Shot (Maximum Charge Tier: IV), Rune Arm Imbue: Acid III, Corrosion +78, Potency +52, Rough Hide +3
    Corruption of Nature (Level 16) HARD - Rune Arm: Acid Shot (Maximum Charge Tier: IV), Rune Arm Imbue: Acid IV, Corrosion +84, Potency +56, Rough Hide +4
    Corruption of Nature (Level 17) ELITE : Rune Arm: Acid Shot (Maximum Charge Tier: IV), Rune Arm Imbue: Acid IV, Corrosion +90?, Potency +62?, Rough Hide +4
    Corruption of Nature (Level 22) EPIC NORMAL - Rune Arm: Acid Shot (Maximum Charge Tier: V), Rune Arm Imbue: Acid IV, Corrosion +102, Potency +68, Rough Hide +4, Insightful Intelligence +2
    Corruption of Nature (Level 23) EPIC HARD - Rune Arm: Acid Shot (Maximum Charge Tier: V), Rune Arm Imbue: Acid V, Corrosion +108, Potency +72, Rough Hide +5, Insightful Intelligence +3
    Corruption of Nature (Level 24)EPIC ELITE - Rune Arm: Acid Shot (Maximum Charge Tier: V), Rune Arm Imbue: Acid V, Corrosion +114, Potency +76, Rough Hide +6, Insightful Intelligence +3
    Officer of the Kobold Workers' Union

Community Member

atm the epics are bugged and all have minlvl 20
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown

Not just the Epic, all the corruption of Nature Rune arms are all lvl 20 as of last patch, prolly a bug.

heroic or epics, all lvl 20, my lvl 15 rune arm suddenly switched to being a lvl 20 item
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrael View Post
    Not just the Epic, all the corruption of Nature Rune arms are all lvl 20 as of last patch, prolly a bug.

heroic or epics, all lvl 20, my lvl 15 rune arm suddenly switched to being a lvl 20 item
    Make sure that you bug report this in game and/or thru the forum bug report system. The devs try to read everything, but with all the posts that go up each day, they cannot read everything. So, the more bug reports they get, the faster they can address and fix the issue.

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Guardian
    Hero
    Crown Clown

already did thru bug report and ticket, ticket told me to bug report, and bug report has no feedback to let us know if it's already a known issue.
    I come from the west. Through countries, peoples, and cities - to this place: STORMREACH.
    My duty: Guardian. To mend and defend. To defend my newfound friends, their hopes, and dreams. To defend them from their enemies.