Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    I know so.

The ESOS wielder sounds a hell of a lot like my ESOS wielding Horc Bard. I play that type of toon all the time. And I can tell you EVEN WITH ALWAYS HAVING BARD SONGS it's not close.

100% off-hand attacks, 5% double-strike

+12 damage a swing is a SMALL bonus?

But you don't get the same benefits. with ANYTHING that gives per/swing damage bonuses Tempest gain the most as they get the most swings.
    100% off-hand attacks, 5% double-strike would close the damage on the esos itself, the problem is that you then need to factor in glancing blows and you are right anything that gives per swing bonus will favour the tempest vs a single target but also gets factored into glancing blows vs 1 and more targets, then add to this the specific bonuses given to your favourite ED for tempest FTW which specifically has bonuses too 2 handed fighting.

+12 bonus sounds great until you factor in that offsetting that bonus is probably a dot vs a mob thats being problematic or a comet fall to put some mobs on their backsides (or maybe gc or ED) or even the fact that you can be in the middle of the mobs swinging away while your aura is ticking over healing you while swinging. Divine might 1 or maybe even 2 if you have a large enough tome for 2-4 extra damage.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

I dunno... not speced Fury of the Wild, I can crit for over 1300 with a bow on my elf pure ranger AA. He has over 700 hps too. When I switch to shiradi champ, I do awesome crowd control and still dish out around 500-700 on crits. Plus, I can heal myself for around 120 per cure serious... on a crit around 250 per. Plus all the resists and other self buff ranger stuff... not too bad. In my opinion, one of the top couple solo classes.

Unfortunately, the class lacks until you start gettig into the EDs and twisting in the proper fate feats or whatever it is called.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    I dunno... not speced Fury of the Wild, I can crit for over 1300 with a bow on my elf pure ranger AA. He has over 700 hps too. When I switch to shiradi champ, I do awesome crowd control and still dish out around 500-700 on crits. Plus, I can heal myself for around 120 per cure serious... on a crit around 250 per. Plus all the resists and other self buff ranger stuff... not too bad. In my opinion, one of the top couple solo classes.

Unfortunately, the class lacks until you start gettig into the EDs and twisting in the proper fate feats or whatever it is called.
    And thats the problem, its the ED not the class.
    Milacias of Kyber

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Ah, but that would also be true of any twisted healing you got on your fighter.

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    Or the fact that you cannot use a decent bow until lvl 20 and up.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by FestusHood View Post
    Ah, but that would also be true of any twisted healing you got on your fighter.
    SF pots, seriously takes responsibility for your own healing as a frontline melee. Twisted healing is nice but just makes things a little cheaper.
    Milacias of Kyber

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Or the fact that you cannot use a decent bow until lvl 20 and up.
    Improved weapons do help but no more than melee weapons.
    Milacias of Kyber

I would personally love to see rangers get Haste Boost, and full offhand damage. Add that to %5 doublestrike and its all good.

My first char and main was a ranger. I loved my alacrity, but I wasn't too mad when it was ripped from my hands. I had my monk lvl and was still sitting around 80 ac (which allowed me to be the last man standing in a few almost wipes). Now? My ranger is a monk and im bored.

If this enh pass comes around ill go straight back to my roots. H-orc tempest/ravager with full offhand, haste Boost, and shadowdancer with all its SA goodness? Yes please.
    The Bladesworn
    Ranger UP
    •Wyckit¤Salokin¤Cruelest•
    «Ghallanda»

It's not that rangers are worthless. It's that going beyond 6 lvs of ranger is worthless lol. After those6 levels you really don't gain anything that nearly any other class couldn't just completely eclipse. 6 levels of ranger literally nets you everything you need to burst dps, range, and 2 weapon fight with the exclusion of GTWF.

And going a pure 20 ranger? People can say what they want, it's just a damn waste. Tempest 3 sucks.

And forget ranged. COMPLETELY. Outside of manyshot a ranger with a bow even if the stars align and all those monsters are single file saluting them, still looks just pathetic. I mean at some point you wonder how your ranger could be this handicapped with a weapon lol. The one armed one legged, one eyed man could do better dmg.

Right now the only way to even consider ranged as a standard is to have a deepish splash of monk. You gotta be a monk to be ranged.

Anyway theirs a laundry list of things wrong with the pure ranger. And aside from completely revamping them, along with ranged in every aspect the class will always be a splash class for twf. I think turb should take a few pages from gw2. I flippn love my ranger there. (heh again another of the list, over there my ranger gets pets. Specifically a badass polar bear that tanks lol)
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacab View Post
    Ranger attempts to be DPS...

Tempest requires too many "flavor" feats on a class that does not get a ton of free feats (FTR or MNK do)

Tempest needs to go back to the 10% alaclarity!
    To clarify what I mean...

3 Feats and all those needless enhancements...make Tempest not really worth it.

What I meant also is that other PREs may require feats...but at least they are USEFUL feats. Or at least the feats lead to something good (Weapon focus >>> weapon spec)

Also melee classes not named Fighter or MNK are tight on feats.

Pick your feats for RNG...don't you with Tempest did not require 3 feats?

It would be nice to fit in Maximize and Empower Heal easily right?

I know RNG gets some nice feats for free...

My point was more aimed at how "Expensive" Tempest is for how little it gives back now.

The AC pass...the Shield Bonus nerf...the Barkskin nerf (related to AC and how Natural Armor bonus is easy to get now).

It has to do with a lot of Proxy Nerfs (which NoInfo mentioned).

Also lets compare...

What is better...
    A tempest that used Dodge, Mobilty, SPring Attack...

or an

Arcane Archer that used Mental Toughness (to qualify) and Maximize and Empowered Heal (self-heal)?
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Oh...

Buff Deepwood Sniper...

Give them Vorpal Arrows and an Assasinate ability.

Allow their Crit mods to change (give them a stacking Keen effect and add the multiplier)

For the Crit mod to work...make them have to not run...kinda like Archer's Focus ability.

I mentioned this like a year ago...

Anyway...in PNP...Deepwood Sniper was DIESEL. It is probably the worst PRE for any class in this game.
    Bacab Warforged 18 Arty (Active) Hjealer Dwarven Battle Cleric 10CLR/1FTR
    Atropine Human 11 WIZ/1ROG (Active)
    Member of THACO on Ghallanda

Oh...

Buff Deepwood Sniper...

Allow their Crit mods to change (give them a stacking Keen effect and add the multiplier)

For the Crit mod to work...make them have to not run...kinda like Archer's Focus ability.

Anyway...in PNP...Deepwood Sniper was DIESEL. It is probably the worst PRE for any class in this game.
    This has been an issue for years. They announced the Prestige Enhancement system years ago and we have not seen any movement in a long, long time. I think it is quiet embarrassing if you ask me. It should not take YEARS to finish. Heck, complete development of a new game takes less in some cases.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:

Oh...

Buff Deepwood Sniper...

lol you know I'd actually completely forgotten that deepwood was even a pre.
    Through avarice, evil smiles; through insanity, it sings.

the only thing wrong with rangers is that many people who try to play them suck at ddo. this also happens to be the only thing wrong with barbs. and battle casters.

Quote Originally Posted by goodspeed View Post

And forget ranged. COMPLETELY. Outside of manyshot a ranger with a bow even if the stars align and all those monsters are single file saluting them, still looks just pathetic. I mean at some point you wonder how your ranger could be this handicapped with a weapon lol. The one armed one legged, one eyed man could do better dmg.
    Only true if you don't know what you are doing. Get a pinion and a good build and you will see why. My pure ranger elf has over 700 hps, close to 1000 sp and hits hard. Over 1000-1300 crits. When in Fury of the wild, my adrenalized hits are closer to the 3300 range. You just need to know what you are doing. It is not an easy button class like WF wiz/sorc.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123