Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Craft Seeker on Runearms!

So I already know this is imposible now, but I really think they should make it possible to craft seeker onto runearms. Few, if any artificers bother with a seeker repeater because the occasional extra crit does not make up for loosing the valuable always damage from a damage prefix. Then you get up to greensteels and its just forget about it.

Meanwhile we have the occasional item with seeker(such as The Bloodstone or Tinker's Gloves), and for melees you can carry a Seeker shield or seeker offhand weapon, and have the effect apply to your mainhand. Meanwhile, us artificers are right out in the cold! Seeker should be craftable to rune arms!

Who's with me?

It's not really needed. Various values of seeker show up on...

Weapon/Shield
    Rune Arm
    Ring
    Gloves
    Trinket
    Belt
    Bracers
    Cloak
    Goggles
    Armor/Docent
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

But Seeker can't be CRAFTED onto anything you can wear with a crossbow/runearm combo.

Well, ring of the stalker is pretty sweet for arties and you can craft other stuff onto that, so if you squint it's almost like seeker is involved in crafting. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterjWizzard View Post
    But Seeker can't be CRAFTED onto anything you can wear with a crossbow/runearm combo.
    True, it specifically can't be crafted onto anything but a weapon since it is a powerful effect when slotted elsewhere.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

Bloodstones are relative cheap now
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

Runearm lets you craft anything that can go on a trinket, Seeker trinkets exist. Runearm goes in the shield slot, Seeker shields can be crafted, this seems like a no-brainer.

But then I guess crafting is always destined to be the red-headed step-child of DDO.

Runearm lets you craft anything that can go on a trinket, Seeker trinkets exist. Runearm goes in the shield slot, Seeker shields can be crafted, this seems like a no-brainer.

But then I guess crafting is always destined to be the red-headed step-child of DDO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    ...it specifically can't be crafted onto anything but a weapon since it is a powerful effect when slotted elsewhere.
    Runearms may physically go in a weapon slot, but it is usually equipped along side a two handed weapon. Artificers basically get an extra equipment slot that nobody else gets.
    AoK @ Argonnessen

really not needed....

ring of the stalker - which at level 10 (lv 12 + MC I) provides manslayer - which does proc with a repeater....

or lots of other items that provide seeker or exceptional seeker....

and the ring is easy to get - even F2P can get it in a couple runs - even at one one run per day using the daily free token.

Besides, I much rather use MC I (masterful craftmanship I) to get my Lucid / Toven's / Pea Shooter / et al two levels earlier.

Community Member

I'm really surprised, when I started this threat I expected to have a whole army of artificers take up arms behind me demanding it.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Who's with me?
    You could run with Glorious Obsenity for a rune arm with seeker +6.

But I'm not against you.

I'd just much rather with a Ring of the Stalker for my seeker, ghostly, and manslayer (vorpals only humanoids) effects. Yes, it does work with ranged.

Community Member

Glorious Obscenity inflicts negative levels on all my characters(Lawful Good), so not really an option unless they give it a UMD-bypass(which some other items have). As for a Ring of the Stalker... well I'm not going to go on a two-page rant about Challenges, but suffice it to say they are a cruel mockery of fun, and I'm really not into the whole "earn your fun" system of gameplay that things like that impose.

As for a Ring of the Stalker... well I'm not going to go on a two-page rant about Challenges, but suffice it to say they are a cruel mockery of fun, and I'm really not into the whole "earn your fun" system of gameplay that things like that impose.
    Challenges, like all quests, take practice and thinking. I have no issue getting mats I need to constantly be running an experience and guild renown pot - purchased with just challenge mats.

Most challenges reward solo play or just two (that includes plastic friends). Yes some are more of a pain than others - but as with all things - strategy and practice pay off.

And earn your fun? the challenges are a different style of gameplay - it is about doing it better each time - adapting and improvising. And unlike the pay-to-play content - you can play this content for free (once per day)

Community Member

It becomes "earn your fun" when people suggest farming challenges to get some particular item/reward in order to play more enjoyable content(such as litterally anything other than challenges). I never said they were hard, they just aren't fun.

A good analogy: I am extremly proficient at digging ditches. Its not hard if you've got a good shovel and some nice loamy soil, and with practice I've gotten very effective at it. That doesn't mean I go out and dig ditches for fun.

Now, I am being a little bit hard on DDO's challenges, I am aware that "fun" is subjective and some people might really trully enjoy digging ditches. I mentioned before how I'm not going to go on a two-page rant, thats because I'd written one and then delted it without posting(probably for the best). But yes, challenges are not what I would call fun.

It becomes "earn your fun" when people suggest farming challenges to get some particular item/reward in order to play more enjoyable content(such as litterally anything other than challenges). I never said they were hard, they just aren't fun.

A good analogy: I am extremly proficient at digging ditches. Its not hard if you've got a good shovel and some nice loamy soil, and with practice I've gotten very effective at it. That doesn't mean I go out and dig ditches for fun.

Now, I am being a little bit hard on DDO's challenges, I am aware that "fun" is subjective and some people might really trully enjoy digging ditches. I mentioned before how I'm not going to go on a two-page rant, thats because I'd written one and then delted it without posting(probably for the best). But yes, challenges are not what I would call fun.
    so what is the difference between running a challenge several times for mats or running a quest several times for a specific rare (runearm)?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    so what is the difference between running a challenge several times for mats or running a quest several times for a specific rare (runearm)?
    The quests are actually fun as opposed to the challenges being a cruel mockery of fun?

The quests are actually fun as opposed to the challenges being a cruel mockery of fun?
    all in the eye of the beholder. I usually enjoy the challenges - something to do when none of my guild / friends are on, and the PUGS aren't going where I want; or something to just pass some time, or to break the monotony of TR xp grind.

Heck, sometimes I just go in to hang with the kobolds and hear their rants! "these aren't the parts you are looking for..."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by UurlockYgmeov View Post
    all in the eye of the beholder. I usually enjoy the challenges - something to do when none of my guild / friends are on, and the PUGS aren't going where I want; or something to just pass some time, or to break the monotony of TR xp grind.

Heck, sometimes I just go in to hang with the kobolds and hear their rants! "these aren't the parts you are looking for..."
    Definetely in the eye of the beholder, couldn't agree more there. Like I said: fun is subjective.

Didn't this thread start out talking about crafting? talk about cruel mockeries of fun, if theres anything in this game more like digging a ditch than crafting i haven't found it.

Quote Originally Posted by easyaction View Post
    Didn't this thread start out talking about crafting? talk about cruel mockeries of fun, if theres anything in this game more like digging a ditch than crafting i haven't found it.
    so don't do it. It's not for you. That is one of the great things about DDO - can be played in so many ways - and enjoyed by so many; each in their own way.

I don't particularly love crafting - but crafting is something I do now like sell / repair - it just is. However, crafting allows me a degree of flexibility that wasn't there before it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast