Default Snare in Thorn & Paw

Take this stupid **** out of the game please. Something like that shouldn't be able to be spammed the way it is. At least reduce the duration to 5 seconds max, along with spell traps. This is one of the most dangerous effects I have come across lately. Does FoM work against this tripe? Or does any character without X high save or ability modifier get automatically shafted like with spell traps?
    Last edited by Nitesco; 01-02-2013 at 12:34 PM.

Community Member

or evt .. (I know its harder than making turbine design winbuttons ...) : stop headless zerging without rogue support in unknown hi-level jungles ?

Community Member
    At Turbine HQ suggesting what to nerf next.

If you pay attention you can see where they cast it and you just simply avoid that area.
    Teth - Revenants

Babysittin Francine so he dont die 24/7. I used to be good at this game.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xTethx View Post
    If you pay attention you can see where they cast it and you just simply avoid that area.
    Not so easy when you have spell effects going off like crazy.

Even so, I figure I'll just deal with snare as it is.

Is there even a saving throw for it? I haven't found a character that can avoid them, unless I physically avoid them. They can be hard to spot if he puts them behind something like a plant on the ground.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Freedom of Movement works, as does CCing the druid before it casts them.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Yeah I jumped in on EH and it took a few tries to figure out what they are. Just needed to Web the Druid and DoT/Ice Storm him after killing the trash. It's the trash that gangbangs you while randomly Snared for 10 second stints, back to back, that is infuriating. I don't think I ever actually saw it get cast in the **** storm of light and colour, or it was cast at my feet or among shrubs. I don't use full graphics settings, so if it's a special 'bloom' type effect or something like that, I may not be able to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Freedom of Movement works, as does CCing the druid before it casts them.
    Let me guess, there's some lore reason why a WF can be 'held' by this spell too?
    Last edited by Nitesco; 01-02-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    Let me guess, there's some lore reason why a WF can be 'held' by this spell too?
    Why would you think a WF would be immune to a snare?

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Vordax View Post
    Why would you think a WF would be immune to a snare?
    Because I was too lazy to do any research into what a Snare actually is (or the exact details of WF immunities), knowing that coming here and complaining would quickly attract forumites who's brains could be picked to provide me with all the detailed information I needed to defeat the issue, while I rebuffed and got a coffee.