Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    101

    Default LD and Shintao Monks

    Hi!

    I have a couple of questions.


    1.) Does the Tactics boost increase the Shintao Monk abilities? I.E. Dismiss, jade strike... Also, does taking the +2, +4 tactics ability increase the DC on the icon, or does it happen behind the scenes?

    2.) Does the Ability "Critical Damage" +2 damage before multipliers stack with the bloodstone?


    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Community Member Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    6,247

    Default

    1. No, it only increases ACTUAL tactics-type moves. Stunning Blow, Trip, and Sunder. The only non-Fighter tactical move it helps is the Monk's Stunning Fist. As an aside, Legendary Tactics stacks with +5 Combat Mastery which can be found on various items.

    2. Yes

  3. #3
    Community Member SensaiRyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danneskjold184 View Post
    Hi!

    I have a couple of questions.


    1.) Does the Tactics boost increase the Shintao Monk abilities? I.E. Dismiss, jade strike... Also, does taking the +2, +4 tactics ability increase the DC on the icon, or does it happen behind the scenes?
    Some... check here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Danneskjold184 View Post
    2.) Does the Ability "Critical Damage" +2 damage before multipliers stack with the bloodstone?


    Thanks in advance.
    Don't know. I'd say that it does.
    My 3rd Life Monk, 2nd Life Monk builds. My pre-MoTU Light Monk build.
    Other Monks: Martens, TeenyTiny, Metaru, Rockan, Horcrux.
    My old Intimitank Build. 3rd life and haven't updated.

  4. #4
    Community Member Arkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    6,247

    Default

    Sorry, forgot about Kukan-Do.

  5. #5
    Community Member SensaiRyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    610

    Default

    And I forgot about Eagle and Unbalancing. They benefit from Legendary Tactics also.
    My 3rd Life Monk, 2nd Life Monk builds. My pre-MoTU Light Monk build.
    Other Monks: Martens, TeenyTiny, Metaru, Rockan, Horcrux.
    My old Intimitank Build. 3rd life and haven't updated.

  6. #6
    Community Member Reos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Does Combat Brute stack with Sense Weakness?

  7. #7
    Community Member Pank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    324

    Default

    3.- Can Master's Blitz be charged with Stunning Fist?
    I have an Air Monk interested in using it together with Sense Weakness and Brute Fighting

  8. #8
    Community Member thegreatneil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    outside the box
    Posts
    738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reos View Post
    Does Combat Brute stack with Sense Weakness?
    It should, i can't think of any reason is wouldn't.


    Quote Originally Posted by Pank View Post
    3.- Can Master's Blitz be charged with Stunning Fist?
    I have an Air Monk interested in using it together with Sense Weakness and Brute Fighting
    Nope.
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

    Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

    Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

  9. #9
    Community Member SensaiRyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pank View Post
    3.- Can Master's Blitz be charged with Stunning Fist?
    I have an Air Monk interested in using it together with Sense Weakness and Brute Fighting
    I have a quickbar set up with IS/GC/Cleave/Trip just to set up blitz when necessary.
    My 3rd Life Monk, 2nd Life Monk builds. My pre-MoTU Light Monk build.
    Other Monks: Martens, TeenyTiny, Metaru, Rockan, Horcrux.
    My old Intimitank Build. 3rd life and haven't updated.

  10. #10
    Community Member Reos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatneil View Post
    It should, i can't think of any reason is wouldn't.
    For some reason I was under the impression that Combat Brute worked all the time, rather than just during an action boost. Was thinking of stacking it and Sense Weakness on a stun-based monk for ultimate trash ownage, but alas if a mob is stunned its already dead anyway, so killing it a bit faster doesn't mean much, considering that I would have to give up EiN, for one.

    Thanks again.

  11. #11
    Community Member thegreatneil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    outside the box
    Posts
    738

    Default Ein vs Blitz

    Ein is super for clearing out trash.
    But i have to say i love masters blitz, in the right quests.
    Watching everything dissapear ove every five min. meh.
    Doing stun crits for 2-4k and keeping it going for five or so min, omg!
    You'll bend to my will - With or without your precious sanity.

    Neilus Soul of the Phoenix - Completionist - Orien

    Quote Originally Posted by blerkington View Post
    Everyone who is more effective than me is OP, and should be nerfed.
    Everyone who has more stuff than me cheated to get it, and should be punished.
    Everyone who plays differently to me is a bad person, and should be mistreated.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload