Angry Teaming & "Volunteering"

Yesterday, I was fighting another ranger in the brawling arena of the same level. The difference, she was tempest, is was AA. So I killed her 3 or 4 times with manyshot (I know there is controversy in the brawling arena regarding manyshot) Then she finally taunts me and then I enter and her sorc friend earthgrabs me for her to kill me. I then tell her teaming is gimp and she said he 'volunteered'. I don't care if he was attacking me for his own agenda, if I attack someone, and someone else attacks them at the same time, I stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by totalmir View Post
    I like this thread,it breaks the monotony of my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppiesAndRainbows View Post
    Kobold make a wonderful satisfying crunch sound when killed; you can't kill just one.

Vampires scream ranks up there with kobold crunch for satisfying slays.

I dont often go into the PVP area... but when I do I try and kill people.
    I've been told that paralysis and like effects are for n00bs in PVP.

Isn't it kind of sad for her, that she needs the help of another high-level character in order to win? Don't feel anger... feel pity and move on.
    No longer reading the Forums.

Meh - pvp has always been kind of a free-for-all brawl. The only real "rules" (and even these are treated more like guidelines) seem to be don't take potshots at a lowbie when you're insanely above lvl and don't use a paralysis causing effects (flesh to stone, dance, earthgrab, tomb of jade, hypnotize, and the like) to just leave your victims there - if you kill them it's fine. Oh, and don't call people names, that stuff will get you banned.
    You obviously are taking advantage of manyshot to kill your friend instead of using it once or twice, then trying a different way, can you blame your friend for using an ability (in this case someone volunteering to come to her aid) to kill you?
    Orien Characters: Indolent, Rubyescence, MumboJumbo, Humdrum, Wynelle, Lexiann, and a handful of others.
    One of these days my big mouth is going to get me into trouble :P.

/me hands you some cheese.
    Last edited by whitehawk74; 01-02-2013 at 07:28 PM.

Staying on the ledge and only dropping down when multishot has cooled down is a easy way to become unpopular. I find that if you can stay in the pit continuously then people respect you more.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

(Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongKid View Post
    Yesterday, I was fighting another ranger in the brawling arena of the same level. The difference, she was tempest, is was AA. So I killed her 3 or 4 times with manyshot (I know there is controversy in the brawling arena regarding manyshot) Then she finally taunts me and then I enter and her sorc friend earthgrabs me for her to kill me. I then tell her teaming is gimp and she said he 'volunteered'. I don't care if he was attacking me for his own agenda, if I attack someone, and someone else attacks them at the same time, I stop.
    So you were fighting using cheese techniques and are all upset because someone else called you on it and broke no rules in killing you?

/chuckles

This is why we shouldn't even have PvP in the game at all.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

So you were using you easy method to kill her and when couldnt do it any more you took your ball and went home. If you can't handle more than one at a time in the pit then you might want to stay out of the pit or bring someone else in to kill the caster.

The ANTI-Realms FANBOI NUKE THE REALMS ITS THE ONLY REAL WAY TO BE SURE

Default The pit

Think of it as a MOSH PIT.

There are very little rules nor any politeness.

Start a private instance if you desire contol.
    The One True Fighter/Wizard Father of the Alliance General Orcneas of ORC

http://darkside.guildportal.com http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=174849

Quote Originally Posted by MnaSidhe View Post
    I dont often go into the PVP area... but when I do I try and kill people.
    I've been told that paralysis and like effects are for n00bs in PVP.

Isn't it kind of sad for her, that she needs the help of another high-level character in order to win? Don't feel anger... feel pity and move on.
    Usually the people who tell you that paralysis and like effects are for n00bs in PVP are those who just got stunned and smurfed. Its become a regular tradition on one server I play on to see these conversations in general chat where people are trying to pick on others for using "cheap tactics" when they lose, and when they win, everything they did was supposedly legit. This of course only succeeds in attracting more folks to troll the person with the same tactic to bait them to say bad things in zone wide chat, so they can be reported.

Its more fun when someone brings in their homeboy, to bring in your own homeboy and turn it into a battle royale.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongKid View Post
    Myeah!!

What were you expecting?!!! Flowers?? a kiss??

Posts like this makes PvP very sad...
    *poor PvP*...
    :'(

Gaaaah it's hard not to troll this thread!!... i love pvp but you know..
    >P E S T I L E N C E<
    >T H E L A N I S<

MADE - NITROUS - PSYCOTIK - MAYAJI - BLINDFOLD - RAGNAROKS - UUBER - EPICFARMING - HEYY