Default Improved Martial Arts doesn't work with longswords?

I wanted to ask everyone to make sure it isn't WAI before I report it, but my bro has a longsword doublestrike monk build. He got Improved Martial Arts at his 21st lvl and bam...nothing. It doesn't do anything to his +[W], and here is what the wiki says:

Improved Martial Arts +1(base damage) with unarmed. +0.5(base damage) with other ki weapons

Longswords are usually not considered ki weapons unless you have the feat:

Whirling Steel Strike You treat longswords as if they were monk weapons, remaining centered when you wield them.

So from what I gather, this should work.

Thanks guys.

Alright, so this problem persists even with the Legendary Dreadnought Epic Destiny. Namely Combat Brute & Improved Power Attack. None of these seem to work with any weapon. I can only hope they will be fixed in the enhancement pass.

Quote Originally Posted by jsm123 View Post
    Alright, so this problem persists even with the Legendary Dreadnought Epic Destiny. Namely Combat Brute & Improved Power Attack. None of these seem to work with any weapon. I can only hope they will be fixed in the enhancement pass.
    Improved PA works. You can see it on your handwrap damage in the inventory screen. You must have PA active.

Now, the damage display on ALL weapons other than handwraps are broken, and have been for a while.
    Keybreaker, Leader of Over Raided (Orien)

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    Improved PA works. You can see it on your handwrap damage in the inventory screen. You must have PA active.

Now, the damage display on ALL weapons other than handwraps are broken, and have been for a while.
    Ah ok. So it is a known issue that will hopefully be fixed in the next update then? He uses longswords. We did notice that the +[W] was applying to the handwraps though. Thanks for the input.

Also, is it only a display bug? or is it broken completely?
    Last edited by jsm123; 01-08-2013 at 09:58 AM.

I can confirm this. I have WSS tempest with couple of monk levels, so I don't have improved martial arts feat, but I took 3 tiers of Dance of Flowers from GoTF ED (combat log actually displays it as improved martial arts 1,2,3) that should give 1.5W when centered, works with wraps but not longswords.

EDIT

After reading another thread and a bit more testing, looks like it is only a display error, die increase is applied properly.
    Last edited by apaurin; 01-20-2013 at 11:38 AM.
    Active characters: Pssyche * Dredmor * Worley * Bundolo

Quote Originally Posted by apaurin View Post
    I can confirm this. I have WSS tempest with couple of monk levels, so I don't have improved martial arts feat, but I took 3 tiers of Dance of Flowers from GoTF ED (combat log actually displays it as improved martial arts 1,2,3) that should give 1.5W when centered, works with wraps but not longswords.

EDIT

After reading another thread and a bit more testing, looks like it is only a display error, die increase is applied properly.
    thank you