Default Unbridled Fury Epic Moment

Does this function? It requires 10 fury to activate, and you get a fury for each vorpal strike you land. But my fury count never incremented from 0.

I just got the epic moment yesterday on my pally, so today's goristro run with him was my first chance to check it out. Big disappointment never getting any fury.

It's particularly annoying because my Fury Eternal continues to work fine and dandy, regenerating at least 2 adrenaline during the run. Fury Eternal gives a 33% chance to generate an adrenaline on vorpal strikes.

Since I got back 2 adrenalines with a 33% chance per vorpal for each, figure 6 vorpal strikes that run. Why was my epic moment fury counter at 0 instead of ~6?

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Does this function? It requires 10 fury to activate, and you get a fury for each vorpal strike you land. But my fury count never incremented from 0.

I just got the epic moment yesterday on my pally, so today's goristro run with him was my first chance to check it out. Big disappointment never getting any fury.

It's particularly annoying because my Fury Eternal continues to work fine and dandy, regenerating at least 2 adrenaline during the run. Fury Eternal gives a 33% chance to generate an adrenaline on vorpal strikes.

Since I got back 2 adrenalines with a 33% chance per vorpal for each, figure 6 vorpal strikes that run. Why was my epic moment fury counter at 0 instead of ~6?
    Counter shows in your buff bar, once you hit 10 the counter on the ability will change to 1 to illustrate how many uses of the ability you have available to use.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Woohoo! So happy to be an idiot, thanks much!

Does that mean if I get to 20 I can spam two of them back-to-back, after cooldown? Is there a cap to how many I can stack? Do they go away on shrining? So many questions...

Does that mean if I get to 20 I can spam two of them back-to-back, after cooldown? Is there a cap to how many I can stack? Do they go away on shrining? So many questions...
    Yes you keep earning Fury while on cooldown, so you can do it every 5 mins.

You sometimes (seems not WAI and kinda unpredictable) keep the loaded moment on shrining and when changing instances (yes even when starting a new quest), but you lose the accumulated Fury when shrining and changing instances and going through portals.

So if you're in a quest with not a lot of fighting and many portals, you're not going to use your epic moment.

Once you get to 10 and your epic moment is available, you no longer get stacks until you use the epic moment. However, since the cooldown for this (and indeed most) epic moments is 5+ minutes, you'll be able to build it back up to readiness by the time the cooldown is done (usually).
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

Quote Originally Posted by gerardIII View Post
    You sometimes (seems not WAI and kinda unpredictable) keep the loaded moment on shrining and when changing instances (yes even when starting a new quest), but you lose the accumulated Fury when shrining and changing instances and going through portals.
    The Exalted Angel loses the full counter upon resting, so I wonder if one of the two is not functioning properly...

Community Member

Should you loose the accumulated fury when going through portals? Just wondering because I run in FotW but rarely get to use Unbridled Fury because it keeps resetting.

Running Chronoscope is frustrating, build it up, step into bank, lost, build up on Orthon to 8, step into sewers & back down to 0, build upto 7 go through to the tent & back to 0. In conclusion feel free to use the shrines & keep hoping you get lucky with a quick succession of 20s so that you get to use it at some point.

Velah on EH usually dies to quick to build it up, Shroud is full of portals, etc.

Feel free to tell me I'm doing it wrong because I would love to get some use out of this epic moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Maghor View Post
    Should you loose the accumulated fury when going through portals? Just wondering because I run in FotW but rarely get to use Unbridled Fury because it keeps resetting.

Running Chronoscope is frustrating, build it up, step into bank, lost, build up on Orthon to 8, step into sewers & back down to 0, build upto 7 go through to the tent & back to 0. In conclusion feel free to use the shrines & keep hoping you get lucky with a quick succession of 20s so that you get to use it at some point.

Velah on EH usually dies to quick to build it up, Shroud is full of portals, etc.

Feel free to tell me I'm doing it wrong because I would love to get some use out of this epic moment.
    if it's not ready to use you do lose it with portals but if u have it ready I.E 10 built up and 1 on the counter you can hold it for as long as you want need more info on why you can't seem to build up 10 in time to use it.

What class/weapons
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Community Member

Running a Barbarian with a Greataxe & only charges on a natural 20 I think.

Went into VON5 and got it charged no problem. Discovered that taking Ddoor counts as going through a portal too, so was better to run back from W, E & N.

It just feels a little too easy to loose a stack compared to the ease of using some other epic moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Maghor View Post
    Running a Barbarian with a Greataxe & only charges on a natural 20 I think.

Went into VON5 and got it charged no problem. Discovered that taking Ddoor counts as going through a portal too, so was better to run back from W, E & N.

It just feels a little too easy to loose a stack compared to the ease of using some other epic moments.
    If you stack 10 and the epic moment charges up so it shows a 1 on your hotbar icon for Unbridled Fury, you won't lose it going through portals.

Hell you can stand on the boat and stack up 10 charges then go in your quest and it'll still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Hell you can stand on the boat and stack up 10 charges then go in your quest and it'll still be there.
    NICE!!!!

+1 for you

I think that Fury stays after rest unlike EA/LD moments because it can't be charged w/o a target, unlike EA/LD moments.

Makes perfect sense to me that you can charge Fury on the airship, since you can charge other ED's without having to actually attack anything, so right after entering a quest etc...
    Cannith - Juzam, Fighter 8 Ranger 6 Monk 6 AA/ Orocarn, Wraith 12 Stalwart Defender 6 Rogue 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Alleanza degli Uomini Liberi/Guardiani di Eberron

Community Member pseudomasochist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    That doesn't work for me. I've tried doing it in the past and again right now, and the Unbridled Fury charge disappeared upon entering a quest both times.

I've gotten lucky rolling 20s in stage 1 of Shroud and built up a use of UF but by the time we reach stage two, it's gone. Same with building a charge while clearing VoN5 and thinking to save it for the end fight but when that time arrives, I have no UF to use. I never watch closely enough to know exactly when the charges are lost but retaining or losing Unbridled Fury charges through portals, dimension doors, shrines, etc. seem anything but consistent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Math never helps solve problems, it only further complicates them.

I'm starting to think I'd rather spend those two AP on something else, as it sounds like the fury epic moment is largely pointless.

I'm starting to think I'd rather spend those two AP on something else, as it sounds like the fury epic moment is largely pointless.
    if your on a barb and cleaving great cleaving and supreme cleaving you should have no trouble getting 10 charges
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Fernando has yet to even suggest a nerf of anything.
    Oh and by the way (referring to your sig), we aren't nerfing the Torc.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudomasochist View Post
    That doesn't work for me. I've tried doing it in the past and again right now, and the Unbridled Fury charge disappeared upon entering a quest both times.

I've gotten lucky rolling 20s in stage 1 of Shroud and built up a use of UF but by the time we reach stage two, it's gone. Same with building a charge while clearing VoN5 and thinking to save it for the end fight but when that time arrives, I have no UF to use. I never watch closely enough to know exactly when the charges are lost but retaining or losing Unbridled Fury charges through portals, dimension doors, shrines, etc. seem anything but consistent.
    Weird. I'll try it tonight when I get home and verify. If it works for me I'll make a youtube vid of it.

Working fine for me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdnU1_t8JEU
    Easier to see if you go into 1080p and full screen.

If you'd prefer to see it work in a quest, let me know and I'll see what I can do. Sorry the video isn't longer. I didn't want to deal with stitching together several smaller videos.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by FengXian View Post
    I think that Fury stays after rest unlike EA/LD moments because it can't be charged w/o a target, unlike EA/LD moments.

Makes perfect sense to me that you can charge Fury on the airship, since you can charge other ED's without having to actually attack anything, so right after entering a quest etc...
    It does, you can use a shrine when it is charged and it will stay charged after resting.

It's (mostly) working fine as it, it just actually allow you to store 2 charges.

It doesn't function any different then any other epic moment in terms of losing charges, it just display it in a confusing manner and allow you to store 2 charges instead of just 1.

You still always lose all your current "buff charges" upon zoning, up to 1 full use (as the other 10 earned are sloted into the per day ability), as demonstrated in rests video. It's a bit confusing, but he essentially had 2 full ED Uses built up (20 charges total, eg: 1 in the hotbar = 10 charge, and 10 in the buff bar)

He zoned through the airship door, and lost all of his buff charges, the same as any other epic moment would have. He didn't lose his hotbar charge - that is maintained, the same as any other epic moment.

Essentially what happens is these temporary "buff charges" are always removed on zoning, and un-complete charges are considered buffs, so they get lost. While full charges go into your hotbar "per day abilities" and those are not lost on zoning. Through you do lose those on shrining or resting, however if you have 2 full charges - you will only lose 1, the 1 in the bar gets removed, but the 10 in your buff bar drop into that slot as you rest, so you maintain 1.

So yea it's exactly the same as the other moments, except you are allowed to store 2 charges - 1 semi permanent, and 1 temporary.

And considering how much more powerful the other melee epic moments sucsh as EiN and Blitz are compared to Fury, I feel this is a fair balance difference, being able to store an extra charge, where as they have to build up agian (tho its much easier for them to build up too). And in most situations, blitz and ein can be used at will as soon as the cooldowns are up the same as fury anyways, where as fury the same is not always true, especially in quests without constant melee combat, so functionaly this isn't so much as advantage to fury, as it is a partial cure to the imbalance in the charge mechanics between them.

Only thing that needs to be fixed here is charges should not lost on zoning or resting, and should not be so confusing being store in 2 different places.
    Should just show your "fury" counter on your hotbar, set the max amount to 20, and not lose it for any reason other then being offline for 2+ hours. (same goes for other epic moments, though modify the max charge amounts to 1x use in most cases, some weaker ones like shadow dancer and magister should probably allow 2-3 also though).
    Last edited by Shade; 01-04-2013 at 06:58 AM.