Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 138
  1. #61
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Does anyone know if using a Divine Power clicky will increase the prr(by increasing the bab) of a sorc with Shadowmail? Was thinking about getting a bunch of clickies and going to town.

    25bab*.66=16.5+4=20prr+14augment=34prr=~18% mitigation (would have been nice if Sheltering stacked, oh well)
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

  2. #62
    Community Member WruntJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Didn't think about stormrage, that's something to try.
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

  3. #63
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216

    Default

    I will feel dumb after you answer this, but under the skills bonuses what does "exp" stand for?
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

  4. #64
    The Hatchery karl_k0ch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    I will feel dumb after you answer this, but under the skills bonuses what does "exp" stand for?
    It might be "Exceptional" from a greensteel item. For instance, ConcOpp can give +5 Cha skills, +1 Int skills, and a Min2 can give +6 Con skills.
    Toons on Orien: Meinir // Flodur // Twiddler // Thorkar // Impetor // Juliacantor // Minor all Soko Irrlicht
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    We may or may not intentionally insert in red herrings, purple mackerels, or horses of different colors. Void where prohibited. Not available in all planes of existence.

  5. #65
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    First of all, thanks alot for showing the build, I was thinking about that synergy before and didn't wanna waste a life to try it since the build is pretty much stuck in shiradi destiny because of the spell selection. You're writing made me do it and I am now very happy about it.


    I have been tweaking this build around for some times now and got some inputs that I think alot of people could consider. Though the following is perhaps suited to my personal style, it is very effective.

    So I've ran this build on a human, not warforged and the problem was obviously the lack of quick self healing.
    Once you get your saves up in the 50+, you're survivability increases alot but still it's not quite enought to survive through solo EEs without being a bit stressed by HP (still doable with good Line of sight and Mobility skills).

    Also to note: the build has plenty DPS that I don't feel like I need to build around that when it comes to feats and EDs. Enhancement, all into damage but when it comes to feat and twists, I think it's overkill. That's when you notice the slight raise in dps you could achieve vs much more survivability.

    And when I talk about survivability for this build, I mean avoidance and mobility.
    What if you'd have
    - Saves in the high 50s or 60s
    - 50% miss from displacement
    - 10% miss from incorporeal
    - +/- 15-20% dodge rating
    - The most AC and PRR you can stack
    - Moderatly high HP (700-800)
    - Wings

    So these are thoughts but I really think about LR just to try to add mobility and dodge. Add that to 4% from item, 1-3% (4-6% situational) from shiradi, +6 reflex AND +3% dodge AND tumbling through mobs from magister tier 1 twist. That is a very easely achievable except for the 13 dex needed for dodge which I don't personally have. Also can twist dodge from monk and shadowdancer ED I believe (Monk for sure and it's tier 1)

    As I human, I could drop some mental tougness/PL sorc and grab both those feats without any damage to my HP or spellpower (less SP = less damage in long term if you don't use pots though).

    All that is left now is to balance in what is needed for you. Want more reflex? Skip the 10% SP twist and pick up epic mental tougness line. Have enought saves? Pick up more SP. Energy burst is to situational or risky for you? Pick up 15% reduce cooldown on evocation spells from magister or anything else.

    I think this build can be tweaked in so many effective ways since the base of it all is the spells + Shiradi destiny (and the damage output from sorc enhancement, of course). For me, it'll be avoidance.

    Once again, to the OP, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the build it made me try it and even if I found it dull at start, I now enjoy it even more than I could enjoy a PM Enchantment/Necro. To all that hear from the build that all you do is stand on your foot and spam the same spells, you are wrong. If you don't get agro all the time and don't feel the need to run around/kite/wings during fights, I think you are doing something wrong. Or simply not pushing it to the limit.

    Edit: It's one of the most action oriented caster build i've ever played... and I've tried quite a lot.
    Last edited by Azarddoze; 03-06-2013 at 10:44 PM.

  6. #66
    The Hatchery MRMechMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shenzhen, China
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Yes there are a lot of ways to go with it. Personally I would not consider human a good move but it would certainly be playable.

    I wouldn't focus on AC or PRR either, nor dump feats or twists on dodge (other than the free 3% from magister reflex twist).

    Anyway, glad so many people liked the build and it's many varients, I won't be around much but there are plenty of knowledgeable shiradians (shiradites? shiradators?) that can answer any questions people have, I'm sure.

    Best wishes, yadda yadda,

    -Mech

  7. #67
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Yes there are a lot of ways to go with it. Personally I would not consider human a good move but it would certainly be playable.

    I wouldn't focus on AC or PRR either, nor dump feats or twists on dodge (other than the free 3% from magister reflex twist).

    Anyway, glad so many people liked the build and it's many varients, I won't be around much but there are plenty of knowledgeable shiradians (shiradites? shiradators?) that can answer any questions people have, I'm sure.

    Best wishes, yadda yadda,

    -Mech
    Yea... I knew from the start that not going WF would be a bad move, but I just don't play that race.
    From a WF point of view, I wouldn't even consider capping my dodge rating.

    But as a human I had to work my way around to achieve a similar survivability, and it's starting to work.

    I also see alot of cons when taking the WF route like 1 less feat (-1 again because of quicken so 2), loss in damage because of repair enhancement, less SP, and even less SP because you've got your healing covered that way. So if I can go human and be almost as solid as a WF version, I think i'm winning overall.

    Still got to see how it'll be once fully built and tweaked toward that goal.

  8. #68
    2016 DDO Players Council
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    I am probably overlooking something - why intimidation?

  9. #69
    Developer Vargouille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Flying overhead
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by griffin_230 View Post
    Yeah, I suspect the Shiradi Elemental Absorption won't stack with the item elemental absorption because of the same amounts.
    This gives a Primal bonus to absorb elemental damage. Unless you have an item giving a Primal bonus to the relevant damage absorption, it should stack.

    While most item buffs that are completely identical do not stack, this is usually false for non-item abilities, especially combined with items. (Bonus types do matter, of course.)

  10. #70
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    The fact you are watching this thread makes me uneasy. :P

  11. #71
    Developer Vargouille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Flying overhead
    Posts
    2,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimkj View Post
    The fact you are watching this thread makes me uneasy. :P
    Developers read many more threads than players seem to think. It's just time consuming to respond to them (always with appropriate, public-facing, kind, gentle, loving, useful, meaningful and actually accurate responses, since there is some responsibility for Developers to not say Wrong Things.)

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Developers read many more threads than players seem to think. It's just time consuming to respond to them (always with appropriate, public-facing, kind, gentle, loving, useful, meaningful and actually accurate responses, since there is some responsibility for Developers to not say Wrong Things.)
    +1 Devs
    +0 Chicken Little

  13. #73
    Community Member WruntJunior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Thelanis
    Posts
    3,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slimkj View Post
    The fact you are watching this thread makes me uneasy. :P
    Look at it this way. If the devs have been reading it for a bit and no change is in the works...they're probably fine with its existence. :P
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

  14. #74
    Community Member NexEverto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Developers read many more threads than players seem to think. It's just time consuming to respond to them (always with appropriate, public-facing, kind, gentle, loving, useful, meaningful and actually accurate responses, since there is some responsibility for Developers to not say Wrong Things.)
    I thought you were exempt from needing to be appropriate, public-facing, kind, gentle, loving, useful, meaningful and actually accurate responses since ultimately it would all be a clever trap just to bite people?
    || Arari - Cleric Rogue || Athyria - Satanic Mechanic || Ethirial - Arcane Archer || Tiarinlasa - Spell Singer || Zirron - Divine Avenger ||


  15. #75
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,505

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Developers read many more threads than players seem to think. It's just time consuming to respond to them (always with appropriate, public-facing, kind, gentle, loving, useful, meaningful and actually accurate responses, since there is some responsibility for Developers to not say Wrong Things.)
    Phew! I'll stop preemptively mourning my Shiradi Archmage then.

  16. #76
    Community Member Tirisha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    not a bad build, am tempted to grab 2 pally levels myself now that my DCs are useless.

    edit:

    already made the switch to sharadi because my DCs are useless lol
    Real life is a worse grind than any MMO.
    Sarlona:
    Tirisha 25 FVS, Aierian 25 MNK, Girltank 18 FTR/ 2PALLY/5 EPIC, Seidra 25 SORC, Wikka 20 WIZ, Kylexi 20 PALLY, Stephony 20 Bard

  17. #77
    Community Member griffin_230's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This gives a Primal bonus to absorb elemental damage. Unless you have an item giving a Primal bonus to the relevant damage absorption, it should stack.

    While most item buffs that are completely identical do not stack, this is usually false for non-item abilities, especially combined with items. (Bonus types do matter, of course.)
    Ah, didn't know about the Primal bonus type. That's good to know, thanks.

  18. #78
    Community Member MnaSidhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    no longer reading the forums
    Posts
    483

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Developers read many more threads than players seem to think. It's just time consuming to respond to them (always with appropriate, public-facing, kind, gentle, loving, useful, meaningful and actually accurate responses, since there is some responsibility for Developers to not say Wrong Things.)
    Well with some of the threads it would be nice if a dev just wrote "read by dev" in it, so we knew that our concerns and things were seen... otherwise it feels sometimes like just shouting into a cave. Maj. used to do it, before we ****ed him off so that he doesn't want to talk to us any more.
    No longer reading the Forums.

  19. #79
    Community Member benlin78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MnaSidhe View Post
    Well with some of the threads it would be nice if a dev just wrote "read by dev" in it, so we knew that our concerns and things were seen... otherwise it feels sometimes like just shouting into a cave. Maj. used to do it, before we ****ed him off so that he doesn't want to talk to us any more.
    I don't believe Maj is that fragile. I suspect he just got too busy to keep up with the forums. There is quite a bit of change going on!

  20. #80
    Community Member anivaj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    339

    Default

    HA! I can't believe I never saw this build before from you. I just TRed Sorrion from enchanter AM on Friday due to being tired of trying to stay up with the ridiculous DCs Turbine has felt the need to implement, and I have a few words of advice...

    My starting stats -
    Str - 8
    Dex - 14
    Con -18
    Int - 6
    Wis - 10
    Cha - 16
    I lowered Intel and strength to increase dex and wis. Why? Because EE saves are NUTS and the +3 reflex and +2 will are more value to me than a few skills and the chance to pull levers With a +2 intel tome at lvl 7, I am still able to get max UMD and 6 in balance.

    ED layout -
    I have exactly what you have for my ED, except I took 3/3 In the weeds and 2/3 elemental absorbtion. Why? Because +1/+1 dodge seems more important to me than 5% elemental resists. Spells rarely kill me with these saves, but 250 damage per swing from an EE mob is best to be avoided I also go with air savant because wings are just too good to stay away from mobs.

    As far as not building for DCs, I would disagree with anyone that advocates for that. At end game I will have a 54 evocation DC. Throw a hypno or crushing despair, then a prismatic spray and that can go a long way toward thinning out some EE mobs. Also, a 54 DC electric loop SLA aint half bad either AND it helps for all mobs to not save vs your spells and take 1/2 to no damage (I HATE evaders!).

    Finally, in regards to taking pally levels. I would encourage all 3+ TRs to take them at level 19+20. Why? Because wail or energy drain makes IQ1&2 quests trivial. With the insane hps they have, pure damage takes WAY longer.
    Last edited by anivaj; 03-11-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    Cannith - Sorrion - Glassbones - Galodon - Farsnipe
    Sarlona - Glassbones

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload