Community Member

Default epic augments bugged?

It's been awhile since I crafted epic augments but....

I just hit 20 on my TR fighter/ranger and I tried went to craft 2 crystals onto my epic ring of the stalker (tier 3 of course). I bought a yellow crystal and a colorless crystal, and a yellow catalyst and a colorless catalyst.

When I add the ring + colorless catalyst + colorless crystal and combine it in the alter of epic rituals it comes back with .... "Item restored!". Come again? Same happens with the yellow crystal and catalyst. I tried it multiple times, restarted client and tried again... same result.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known bug? Any ideas anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Inouk View Post
    It's been awhile since I crafted epic augments but....

I just hit 20 on my TR fighter/ranger and I tried went to craft 2 crystals onto my epic ring of the stalker (tier 3 of course). I bought a yellow crystal and a colorless crystal, and a yellow catalyst and a colorless catalyst.

When I add the ring + colorless catalyst + colorless crystal and combine it in the alter of epic rituals it comes back with .... "Item restored!". Come again? Same happens with the yellow crystal and catalyst. I tried it multiple times, restarted client and tried again... same result.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a known bug? Any ideas anyone?
    it is a known bug.

fos has said it will be fixed in u17 - whenever that is

i believe that if you look at the known issues list - its in there first section

hob
    main toons: hauteur(silly caster) Sttomper (silly barbarian)-jammiee (Silly paladin)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    You are still completely free to run around like a jackrabbit on caffeine.
    quem deus vult perdere, dementat prius

From the launcher:

Known Issue: Altar of Epic Rituals
    Dec 13, 2012 17:26 EST
    Please do not attempt to use the Altar of Epic Rituals on Epic items from the following content: Servants of the Overlord (Spinner of Shadows), Cannith Challenges, and Crystal Cove. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Community Member

Thanks so much for the replies! This sucks though... spoils my whole gear layout for level 20.

Yeah this really sucks since it has been broken for a while. I wish they would roll out fixes for things that have big impact, like a crafting bug, when they have the fix instead of waiting for an update roll out. I guess they want an extra bullet point when they list out all the new features for an update... dispite it being break-fix and not anything new. They always seem to lump those together when they are trying to rationalize content in an update.
    Sarlona Server Mythical:
    Kluege Fixer- Baddabing - Majuscule Kluege - Klueje - Klooj Maker - Dundar Kluege - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by Inouk View Post
    This sucks though... spoils my whole gear layout for level 20.
    You and me both. It sucks hard, making endgame less fun running around in gimped placeholder gear after carefully planning out how everything fits together.

And yeah, feather says it will be U17, but I flat-out don't believe him. He also said it would go out in the next hotfix, which it did not. I fully expect the "fix" in U17 to not work and then oh sorry, we have to wait for 17.1, and then they'll have trouble "balancing a formula" or something equally ridiculous and it doesn't make it to 17.1 either but don't worry, it'll be fixed by u18.

Basically, they don't want you using epic challenge gear anymore. Or rather, they don't care a whit about epic challenge gear and the fact that they've CRIPPLED it for months doesn't bother them in the slightest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    Yeah this really sucks since it has been broken for a while. I wish they would roll out fixes for things that have big impact, like a crafting bug, when they have the fix instead of waiting for an update roll out. I guess they want an extra bullet point when they list out all the new features for an update... dispite it being break-fix and not anything new. They always seem to lump those together when they are trying to rationalize content in an update.
    Keep in mind, the more times you change the coding, the more likely you are to break something else as well. They likely save all but the most extreme fixes for the next patch to minimize the times that they accidentally break other things.

So, is this getting fixed in the hotfix two days from now? Or is it being swept under the rug again?
    Last edited by Marmaduke; 01-12-2013 at 09:25 AM.

Hey at least you didn't have a slot filled already.

I did the same thing to add a second slot and wiped out the first!

Now I have to fill both slots when the fix comes.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps I won't cop to.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marmaduke View Post
    So, is this getting fixed in the hotfix two days from now? Or is it being swept under the rug again?
    Seriously dude, just check the dev tracker. It is literally the second post in the thread about the downtime.