Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default How Thelanis does Tempest's Spine

When the party leader went in to pull ice, and did not... actually pull ice, then died following me when I pulled, then repeatedly died looting the chests, I knew I was going to be entertained

Somehow we ended up with a party that communicated entirely via typed chat. Surely one day future Tempest's Spiners can look back on this document to see how we old fogies used to do it, through the snow, uphill both ways!

Classics like the person who wasn't following the party exhorting people to stay together (two different people at two different times!), rescue parties dying, rescue parties to the rescue parties dying, "where-are-you; I-don't-know-look-on-the-map". XP/min was terrible, but entertainment/min was awesomesauce!

I think Thelanis does TS the best
    I Cannith-craft (150 levels in all schools) for free on Thelanis if you provide all needed materials.
    Getting Past Traps without Trap Skills | Musical Musings

Heh, Thalone I remember when you couldn't chew bubble gum and drive your toon at the same time. Teach the newer ones on how it's done.

I did a elite Tempest Spine two nights ago on my level 11 wizard with 3 other people. It was a blast because it was HARD with only 4 of us.

Took a while (and a few deaths, but no wipe), and was a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Thelanis does Tempest Spine? I must be way out of the loop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndrome View Post
    Thelanis does Tempest Spine? I must be way out of the loop.
    3 word response
    Dr
    Who
    Fan
    Move along , Nothing to see here

Lol, I hope Tempest spine wasn't hard with 4 people...

Every life on Arko when I reach that level, I look to the tempest spine lfm's. Sadly my last few lives, the parties have blasted through it, but I always hope I get the 'win' pug.

I usually get those with my elite von5 pugs 'ding' "where'd you die?" " in the lava." ***...
    Proud member of Renowned, Thelanis server.

Quote Originally Posted by t0r012 View Post
    3 word response
    Dr
    Who
    Fan
    Oh yeah- forgot about that. I have a guildy whose favorite raid is still tempest spine too.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

I threw up and lfm for a Tempest Spine recently hoping for such awesome entertainment as you experienced Thalone. Sadly I got a group of competants and we finished in <30 mins. Drat. I mean, yes it was awesome, but I was hoping for mess
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Those are the best.

I actually wiped in a Tempest Spine earlier this month. I jumped into the lava in Fire, grabbed two stones at the bottom and made it up before missing my jump and having my fire shield (cold) wear off.

The funny thing is that I think 7 of us ended up as stones in the lava before it was finally abandoned.

Oh, and we had already killed Fire and Ice...
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Oh how I miss my "froobie" days...Running Tempest Spine with 0 Fort, less than 100 hp, and pretending I actually knew what I was doing...

I don't run Tempest Spine much myself anymore. Our guild TR trains might short man it if we get really bored. But we're too organized and the runs are too smooth. You can't beat the memorably chaotic moments of,

"Hey, who has the stonez?"
    /silence

Nowadays, I just wait for Thalone (or bibi) to find the drama for me. My, how the times have changed
    Thelanis:
    Retired Leader of The Ministry of Destruction
    Retired Player of DDO
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuffmann View Post
    Let me concede and bow to your far superior social graces.....

Thumbs up

I have to say that that was an enjoyable read. hahahahaha
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

V.funny ^^ +1

P.S.
    Darn...why do i miss the fun....selfish thal never sends a tell to join... bah

QB
    QuickBenqb 3*wiz/3*sorc/3*fvs/bard/pala/barb/fgr/rgr/rog/mnk/clr/drd/art/Wiz (current)
    Yil 3*Rngr/4*Fgr/3*Pala/3*Brd/3*Brb/3*Drd/3*Mnk/3*Clr/3*Fvs/3*Wiz/3*Sorc/3*Art/3*Rog/Monk (current)
    Bankrupt FvS lvl 20 (TR1) Krupppe lvl 25 something (TR3)
    ~Arise~

oh yeah, that was a lot of fun. I was the guy that went and saved those 2 from fire cave after we finished all but the boss. dudes were in the part _opposite_ the tunnel to the center, hence why i couldn't find them at first. additionally, once i returned with those 2, i ran right into the sorjek portal and started doing the right half of the puzzle. for reasons unknown, it suddenly lagged and my repairs wouldn't land, causing me a quick death. this incited the response "leroy jenkins" from an observant member of our team. man, i love tempest's spine. I keep Smokr permanently parked at level 12 just to run it over and over. The entertainment fountain never runs dry on that one.
    On Thelanis: Survo ... Wattr ... Tigerpalm ... Cranefist ... Hobbson ... Grayed ... Shadowstance ... Smashcut

3 word response
    Dr
    Who
    Fan

But seriously. That's how you run TS, when the Queen is in court.

Quomodo cecidisti de cælo, Lucifer, qui mane oriebaris. corruisti in terram, qui vulnerabas gentes.
    Qui dicebas in corde tuo: In cælum conscendam, super astra Dei exaltabo solium meum.

I remember the good ol Tempest Spine days. Back when it was actually a challenge to hit those drow warriors on elite and if the group didn't stay together it was a for sure wipe.

Now? Half the people just run ahead and kill everything before the rest of the party even get there. Hey I love showing off my "uberness" as much as the next guy but I hate running a quest with a pug only to trail after the one guy who zergs ahead killing all the mobs.
    ... a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths, and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation,
    Even in the dragon's mouth.

Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar

3 word response
    Dr
    Who
    Fan

((smiles))

I pulled many a noob to the top of TS over the years. Taught alot of the server how to do a raid with that one.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PLUGintoTHEpowerLINE View Post

But seriously. That's how you run TS, when the Queen is in court.
    +1

Bonus points for David Tennant opening.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

I miss the all women TS runs where you had to use voice to verify that you were indeed female. The amount of guys trying to sneak in was always amusing.
    Proud to be part of the CureLite Bottling Co. - Thelanis
    The one. The only. The original. Groupie of the Band. The Band of the Shifting Sands
    ~ Moiyra ~ Jezzy ~ Bonni ~ Nighya ~
    "You make gimp look good!" -Akree

Tempest spine pugs are such a **** shoot...I love it. It is alway entertaining. I usually run it about 3 times each TR life

I ran it twice back to back a couple of nights ago one my 10/2 Sor/Pally. First time was on elite with a lvl9 cleric and a hodgepodge of everyhting else (Only one healer). Very smoothe and easy 25 min run with no deaths.

I ext quest and see another TS LFM up that is almost full. I join and they already have one cleric and two druids so I figure healing was set. Nope we stand around about 15 more mins with 11 players waiting for one more healer (Since we all know you need multiple healers in a TS raid).

Finally get another cleric we jump in on Elite. Last cleric to join starts barking out orders that he will let you die if you zerg off. Leader also speaks up and implores all to stay together. OK, I'm fine with that...No Zerging.

We had no rogue, but we did have an Arti (Newb). Leader wanted to DD all traps for extra XP, I'm fine with that too. Unfortunately, the Arti was under geared and pretty green. We probably spent more time in the quest waiting for the arti to find and DD the traps than we did fighting monsters. Plus the Arti got lost more than once.

We also had a very low HP Paladin in the group who couldn't hear voice chat. He was also a newb to the quest. I run to pull ice down in fire and ice section and said pally followed me while everyone is yelling in voice for him to come back. He died of course. This was one of many deaths for this guy. It was a good thing he couldn't hear voice chat because he was getting evicerated verbally.

Oh and by the way, the Leader wanted to save the beholder down in the whole til the end instead of letting me cook him right away. His party so I honored his request. Unfortunately a couple of people forgot that the beholder was not dead yet so they got a rude surprise when running down to the last fight...Ding....Ding...Ding (3 deaths). Plus alot of buffs that were added at the last shrine were now gone.

So...any way...about 1 hour and 45 mins later we finally get to the end fight. Leader was carrying the runes and had no idea what to do with them. One person volunteered to do the puzzle and seriously it must have been his first time. Leader comes in with runes and then someone messes up the puzzle. I'm not sure why or how (Mistake or griefing?). Leader dies before he can insert even one rune. Then Ding, Ding, Ding I don't know how many deaths, but leader finally gets res'd, finds the runes and stands there waiting for the puzzle to get finished.

At this point, there are only about 5 of us still alive. Runes get inserted, I am spamming Scorching Ray, then everyone who was still alive except me and one other get blown off the mountain. The two of us finally kill sorjek and only one other party member is still alive, somewhere down in the valley.

If it wasn't so funny and entertaining, I would have rage quit. I love Tempest Spine these days.
    Last edited by kinggartk; 02-07-2013 at 08:21 AM.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    Tempest spine pugs are such a **** shoot...I love it. It is alway entertaining. I usually run it about 3 times each TR life

I ran it twice back to back a couple of nights ago one my 10/2 Sor/Pally. First time was on elite with a lvl9 cleric and a hodgepodge of everyhting else (Only one healer). Very smoothe and easy 25 min run with no deaths.

I ext quest and see another TS LFM up that is almost full. I join and they already have one cleric and two druids so I figure healing was set. Nope we stand around about 15 more mins with 11 players waiting for one more healer (Since we all know you need multiple healers in a TS raid).

Finally get another cleric we jump in on Elite. Last cleric to join starts barking out orders that he will let you die if you zerg off. Leader also speaks up and implores all to stay together. OK, I'm fine with that...No Zerging.

We had no rogue, but we did have an Arti (Newb). Leader wanted to DD all traps for extra XP, I'm fine with that too. Unfortunately, the Arti was under geared and pretty green. We probably spent more time in the quest waiting for the arti to find and DD the traps than we did fighting monsters. Plus the Arti got lost more than once.

We also had a very low HP Paladin in the group who couldn't hear voice chat. He was also a newb to the quest. I run to pull ice down in fire and ice section and said pally followed me while everyone is yelling in voice for him to come back. He died of course. This was one of many deaths for this guy. It was a good thing he couldn't hear voice chat because he was getting evicerated verbally.

Oh and by the way, the Leader wanted to save the beholder down in the whole til the end instead of letting me cook him right away. His party so I honored his request. Unfortunately a couple of people forgot that the beholder was not dead yet so they got a rude surprise when running down to the last fight...Ding....Ding...Ding (3 deaths). Plus alot of buffs that were added at the last shrine were now gone.

So...any way...about 1 hour and 45 mins later we finally get to the end fight. Leader was carrying the runes and had no idea what to do with them. One person volunteered to do the puzzle and seriously it must have been his first time. Leader comes in with runes and then someone messes up the puzzle. I'm not sure why or how (Mistake or griefing?). Leader dies before he can insert even one rune. Then Ding, Ding, Ding I don't know how many deaths, but leader finally gets res'd, finds the runes and stands there waiting for the puzzle to get finished.

At this point, there are only about 5 of us still alive. Runes get inserted, I am spamming Scorching Ray, then everyone who was still alive except me and one other get blown off the mountain. The two of us finally kill sorjek and only one other party member is still alive, somewhere down in the valley.

If it wasn't so funny and entertaining, I would have rage quit. I love Tempest Spine these days.

love it!

I swear I'm going to dualbox a healer to 12 just to park it at 12 just to do Tempest spine - too cool And I guess von5 at level.

Oh for extra challenge/amusement note that Deathdefy soloed this on elite at level 7:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=406404 Too cute
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast