Default Epic Destiny Path for Tempest Ranger - Fury of the Wild

Human Tempest Ranger (18 Ranger / 1 Fighter / 1 Rogue) built for soloing, melee/dps and traps. Dual wielding khopeshes.

From what I have read, I should be going Fury of the Wild for epic destiny, but what path do I take, that is, how many points should I put into which abilities at each tier to maximize my build. My aim is to continue what I have and improve my dps output and survivability.

All help and suggestions appreciated.
    Thelallian of Khyber

Community Member

Runnel Vision 3
    Primal Scream 3

Two points of STR or CON (even out your stats). Kinda a waste but you need to spend some points to get the better stuff and much of the other lowe-hanging fruit is just junk

Accute Instinct 3

Gird Against Demons 1 (would want 2 but can’t afford it)

Sense Weakness 3

Overwhelming force 2

Fury Eternal

Unbridled Fury
    Personal d000m level: 83%

Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

Community Member

I agree with most of what Ape Man said, though I am not overly fond of overwhelming force. dropping that frees up points for the second rank of gird against demons, which I feel is more useful. Also, from the perspective of someone who solo's/short mans a lot, fast healing is pretty nice, especially if you don't have healing spring to twist in from shiradi. If you don't need to put points into STR/CON to even them out, consider putting the points there instead.

Thanks for the info, will give it a try.
    Thelallian of Khyber

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

What do folks Twist into FotW on their Tempests?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    What do folks Twist into FotW on their Tempests?
    Most of the time my twists are defensive. FOTW gives you a whole bunch of offense and since I dropped Stunning blow for Bastard Sword prof I don't need the tactics twist anymore.

Currently I'm running:

- Lilthe
    - Unearthly reactions
    - Brace for Impact.

a 55-60 reflex save means you'll actually have evasion that works. Say hello to 95% immunity to enemy AOEs that all hit like trucks. Two twists for this might be overkill but overkill is underrated. Maybe drop Unearthly for something else, but I haven't seen anything that gave me a big enough of a cyber-boner to consider dropping it.

you need extra fort, and sacrificing a gear slot for this is meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Runnel Vision 3
    Primal Scream 3

Two points of STR or CON (even out your stats). Kinda a waste but you need to spend some points to get the better stuff and much of the other lowe-hanging fruit is just junk

Accute Instinct 3

Gird Against Demons 1 (would want 2 but can’t afford it)

Sense Weakness 3

Overwhelming force 2

Fury Eternal

Unbridled Fury
    Has Overwhelming Force been fixed? Last time I tested more then 1 Rank it did nothing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Most of the time my twists are defensive. FOTW gives you a whole bunch of offense and since I dropped Stunning blow for Bastard Sword prof I don't need the tactics twist anymore.

Currently I'm running:

- Lilthe
    - Unearthly reactions
    - Brace for Impact.

a 55-60 reflex save means you'll actually have evasion that works. Say hello to 95% immunity to enemy AOEs that all hit like trucks. Two twists for this might be overkill but overkill is underrated. Maybe drop Unearthly for something else, but I haven't seen anything that gave me a big enough of a cyber-boner to consider dropping it.

you need extra fort, and sacrificing a gear slot for this is meh.
    what swords are you using. im at lvl 17 right now and have 2 bastards from citw in the bank. hoping to kick ass with them. pew pew level drain. thats some dps you cant really tell in numbers. lvl drains almost help the entire party

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Shell View Post
    what swords are you using. im at lvl 17 right now and have 2 bastards from citw in the bank. hoping to kick ass with them. pew pew level drain. thats some dps you cant really tell in numbers. lvl drains almost help the entire party
    Switch between dual woowoo-blades (CiTW Nightmare bastard swords) and Dual Balizardes.

The woowoo-blades are fantastic, an EE mob will lose like 800+ HP when woowoo'd.

Community Member

yeah. though the level loss is pretty short on epic elite. but still plenty of time for others to abuse the lower saves and hps on mobs.

and youre right. its more a woowoo than a pewpew sound