Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default INFO on Cannith Challenge xp de-nerf?

    So, whats the status on them?
    Will we EVER see the nerf reversed?
    Or is the plan on this to keep saying its a bigger problem and sorry we couldnt get it done in time for the patch till we forget? (spoiler: we wont forget :P)
    And what about Epic Slots of the Cannith Items? any timeline?
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    224

    Default

    They are hoping we forget...

    I hardly see anyone in House Cannith.
    Fist and Faith
    Musashi DragonClaw
    Thelanis Warclaws, DragonClaws, MusashiCLAW, Warsclaw
    www.C-L-A-W.org

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashiclaw View Post
    They are hoping we forget...

    I hardly see anyone in House Cannith.
    I use it for my toons that dont have access to eveningstar, mail-bank-ah-free token (i own both challenges but you know maybe some day..)


    well grouping for it is there, about 1 group per day
    mostly total newbs in hope of help and every other day a pro that wants someone to talk while he solos the challenge

    but group for it is anyway useless if scaling doesnt get toned down, its hard to find someone that can solo a tower in disruptor and for anything else group member are more punishing then benefiting you

    Also its annoying that quests that call them self challenges and some are hard/annoying like disruptor give almost no reward, mat rate sucks and xp isnt even worth mentioning.

    AND before i forget to mention it MAKE THE GIANTSKELETT SHOW ON THE MAP OF DISRUPTOR
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  4. #4
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    So, whats the status on them?
    Will we EVER see the nerf reversed?
    Or is the plan on this to keep saying its a bigger problem and sorry we couldnt get it done in time for the patch till we forget? (spoiler: we wont forget :P)
    And what about Epic Slots of the Cannith Items? any timeline?
    I doubt they'll ever get upgraded, it's been nearly 6months since the switch was pulled (twice). If the devs really cared about restoring challenge xp, we would have seen more than the measly upgrade of objective xp, we have now.

    The epic slots for cannith / spinner and cove items is going to be fixed with u17 according to feather of the sun.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fTdOmen View Post
    I doubt they'll ever get upgraded, it's been nearly 6months since the switch was pulled (twice). If the devs really cared about restoring challenge xp, we would have seen more than the measly upgrade of objective xp, we have now.

    The epic slots for cannith / spinner and cove items is going to be fixed with u17 according to feather of the sun.
    the measly objective xp upgrade was only for eveningstar, cannith is still dead and starts to stink..

    ah k didnt see that, thx
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Musashiclaw View Post
    They are hoping we forget...
    Like the Wand Bracelet?

  7. #7
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemoneyes View Post
    the measly objective xp upgrade was only for eveningstar, cannith is still dead and starts to stink.
    Cannith got an xp upgrade per star objective too, it's just that measly.

  8. #8
    The Hatchery MRMechMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shenzhen, China
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Probably never. I've really lost all faith in this team of developers ability to make rational decisions.

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    182

    Default

    Its kind of annoying. I get 1 star in Time is Money epic 25 and get 6k+, I get 6 stars and get 7k+. Why even bother going for stars after first completion. Not worth it for me.

    I also would like an ETA on epic crafting on my HOuse C gear. I have a lot of things that I need to get slotted before I can switch gear.

  10. #10
    Community Member Cesarai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeichen-thest View Post
    Its kind of annoying. I get 1 star in Time is Money epic 25 and get 6k+, I get 6 stars and get 7k+. Why even bother going for stars after first completion. Not worth it for me.

    I also would like an ETA on epic crafting on my HOuse C gear. I have a lot of things that I need to get slotted before I can switch gear.
    U17, tentatively scheduled for some time in february.

  11. #11
    Community Member butcheredspirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oradafu View Post
    Like the Wand Bracelet?
    That makes me laugh, because I actually DID forget about the wand bracelet!
    ...and I really wanted the bracelet once upon a time.

    Their plan woulda worked if it weren't you meddling kids.

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    182

    Default

    "U17, tentatively scheduled for some time in february."

    Can you put the link where you got that information.

    I haven't seen any dev make that remark.

    The reason that I question it is the message on loggin only states Cannith Challenge and spinner of shadows. So it is not all epic crafting. So I wonder why it would take until the update to fix the issue. If it was epic crafting in general because of the change I could understand the wait, but why just those two sets of gear.

  13. #13
    Community Member Munkenmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Auckland
    Posts
    3,691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeichen-thest View Post
    "U17, tentatively scheduled for some time in february."
    Go look for posts by feather of the sun, he said the problem was found, but not fixed ontime for the u16.1 hotfix, and that the epic altar would mostly likely be fixed for u17.

    The outline for u17 has been made elsewhere, i think in a community video by memory.

  14. #14
    The Hatchery DarkForte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeichen-thest View Post
    "U17, tentatively scheduled for some time in february."

    Can you put the link where you got that information.

    I haven't seen any dev make that remark.

    The reason that I question it is the message on loggin only states Cannith Challenge and spinner of shadows. So it is not all epic crafting. So I wonder why it would take until the update to fix the issue. If it was epic crafting in general because of the change I could understand the wait, but why just those two sets of gear.
    Erm... check the dev tracker maybe?

    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Unfortunately, a fix for this has not made the cut for an upcoming hotfix. We weren't aware of this issue in time. (It would have needed to be last night to make it in.)

    Unless enough other additional issues crop up to warrant a hotfix, this won't be resolved until Update 17.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

  15. #15
    Community Member Kinerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,710

    Default

    In the beginning, we got 90% for repeat stars and [who cares]% for first time stars.

    Then we got 10% for repeat and [sledgehammer nerf but still, who cares]% for first time.

    A couple months or so we got 25% for repeat.

    .

    I'm trying very hard to phrase this politely. The people who make decisions have no grasp whatsoever of the concept of xp vs. time. They simply do not understand grinding challenges for xp. They saw big numbers for first time completions and with no frame of reference nerfed the pants off it. They also simply do not care to monitor the results of their decisions, so house C being dead is of no concern to them.

    The challenges are never going to be good xp again. This has (in a darkly hilarious way) led some players to defend the changes because we get tokens, or items, or whatever. Again I'm trying very hard to be polite, so I will just repeat that those players are morbidly amusing.

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    In the beginning, we got 90% for repeat stars and [who cares]% for first time stars.

    Then we got 10% for repeat and [sledgehammer nerf but still, who cares]% for first time.

    A couple months or so we got 25% for repeat.

    .

    I'm trying very hard to phrase this politely. The people who make decisions have no grasp whatsoever of the concept of xp vs. time. They simply do not understand grinding challenges for xp. They saw big numbers for first time completions and with no frame of reference nerfed the pants off it. They also simply do not care to monitor the results of their decisions, so house C being dead is of no concern to them.

    The challenges are never going to be good xp again. This has (in a darkly hilarious way) led some players to defend the changes because we get tokens, or items, or whatever. Again I'm trying very hard to be polite, so I will just repeat that those players are morbidly amusing.
    I cant agree more.
    Fist and Faith
    Musashi DragonClaw
    Thelanis Warclaws, DragonClaws, MusashiCLAW, Warsclaw
    www.C-L-A-W.org

  17. #17
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    The challenges are never going to be good xp again. This has (in a darkly hilarious way) led some players to defend the changes because we get tokens, or items, or whatever. Again I'm trying very hard to be polite, so I will just repeat that those players are morbidly amusing.
    I can recall one reply amongst the topics on this issue where someone was defending low exp, though i didn't choose to read it as them actually wanting it to remain low. For me, it read as a sarcastic style reply in order to highlight how the consumer base views the low exp rates.

    These challenges are something i would still love to see the exp increased in. I run them a tonne, and always have to look away from the exp earnt when it comes in. (i run them for items/potions/tokens).

    Some days i feel a bit down on myself for the slow adjustment i am making to just accepting the exp will always be poor in them. I was vocal at the start to participate in the support of it being un-nerfed, i still want them un-nerfed yet i grow more and more certain that how it is will be how they stay (leading me to not contribute as often to the discussions about them).

    In terms of exp/min, the most fun one i like to run is 140exp/min though with exp tomes, exp potions/items/buffs, quest knowledge/experience, my personal situation usually gets this a bit above 300exp/min. It is still very very low for trying to help level from level 16-20 and at times when i think about a f2p using a daily token in there, i shed a small tear for those that would find the challenges fun but will never get a chance to grind beyond the pain to see the fun of it with such low rewards (an inexperienced f2p on one token a day would not earn enough ingredient to trade for a potion in a day, let alone have much chance to grind the 400 or so for each part of the items).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload