Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,623

    Default Throw us a bone regarding the enhancement pass.

    Is it still do for U17?
    Personal d000m level: 83%

    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

  2. #2
    Community Member apaurin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Some tavern on Thelanis...
    Posts
    155

    Default

    I don't think it was ever said that enhancement pass will be included in U17. AFAIK, the latest word was U17 in december (won't happen obviously), with epic Gianthold and changes to epic crafting. Then enhancement pass sometime in 2013.
    Active characters: Pssyche * Dredmor * Worley * Bundolo

  3. #3
    Community Member Artos_Fabril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_Man View Post
    Is it still do for U17?
    I wouldn't even bet on it being on Lamaland before U18 goes live.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    I wouldn't even bet on it being on Lamaland before U18 goes live.
    I'd be happy with 2014, but some details before then would be nice.
    Personal d000m level: 83%

    Quote Originally Posted by zwiebelring View Post
    Ape_Man does clever trolling nothing more. Don't feed him/her.

  5. #5
    The Hatchery DarkForte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    Soon(TM)
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

  6. #6
    Community Member Elation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    654

    Default I agree info please

    I am usually on the side of wait give them more time but this is something that some information would be great.... the current system needs some loving and updating....
    ashlick , bizkit, boobooface, breeewind, breunorson, crystalin, dreamless, drunkenorc, earthborn, elation, elazibeth, firesavant, ftwjust, gabrrielle, hiting, idelisa, inactive,jessamyne, keeblerorc,keighra, killia, layniebug, lmyc, mealltach, nicholete, ravinclaws, sapphiire, tairrdelbach, teenny

  7. #7
    Community Member Artos_Fabril's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    Soon(TM)
    I don't remember the time scales precisely, but are you sure it's not Thoon(TM)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elation View Post
    I am usually on the side of wait give them more time but this is something that some information would be great.... the current system needs some loving and updating....
    I am absolutely in favor of them taking as much time as it takes to do it right. But I would kinda like to know what the current status is. Maybe I should apply for the Mournlands program.

  8. #8
    Community Member Shmuel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post

    I am absolutely in favor of them taking as much time as it takes to do it right. But I would kinda like to know what the current status is.
    No matter how much time it takes, I cannot believe it will be done "right". We should have had this with MOTU and my patience is running out. If they need to hire more people, let them, but we should get it a lot sooner than "soon".

    At a bare minimum, start showing us the plans of what it is expected to look like, both so we can offer some feedback and also so we can plan a little better for TRs.

  9. #9
    Bwest Fwiends Memnir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ¿
    Posts
    16,608

    Default

    I'm deeply dreading the enhancement pass. The more time that slips by, and the further it gets pushed back, I only dread it more.



    Regarding how well other sweeping changes to the game have gone, as well as the course recent development to the game has taken, I think I'm right to worry. I simply no longer have the faith in the Dev team that I once did, and I don't think this is going to be as good as it seemed to be when first announced.
    53461

  10. #10
    The Hatchery teh_meh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    I'm deeply dreading the enhancement pass.
    Same. Getting tired of constantly having to redo everything.

    do the enhancements then stop dycking with the core mechanics please.
    scrollfu! meowfu! +4fu! firstyfu!
    Maarl de Gutter (ret.) ~ Gnaaarl de Mutter (ret.) ~ Nineinch Rails (ret.)
    Intragreenis Druid - Human FvS [x2] Evoker ~ Guttural de Chanter - Elf Wiz [x4] PM
    Potpourri de Foo Foo - WF Wiz [Sx3][FvSx3][Wx3] Shiradi

  11. #11
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shmuel View Post
    No matter how much time it takes, I cannot believe it will be done "right". We should have had this with MOTU and my patience is running out. If they need to hire more people, let them, but we should get it a lot sooner than "soon".
    The catch with the enhancement pass is it won't make them any money. So hiring new people? Not going to happen.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  12. #12

    Default

    It's odd that people really believe the enhancement pass will actually happen. Ever.

    I mean, I believed it at first and continued to believe it for months and months after the first missed deadline back in June, but come on, how is it any different than the unfinished prestiges that were promised to be finished years ago?

    Not gonna happen, so don't stress about it affecting your build.

  13. #13
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,180

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It's odd that people really believe the enhancement pass will actually happen. Ever.

    I mean, I believed it at first and continued to believe it for months and months after the first missed deadline back in June, but come on, how is it any different than the unfinished prestiges that were promised to be finished years ago?

    Not gonna happen, so don't stress about it affecting your build.
    it will happen. Despite popular belief (including my own) the release date was never scheduled with motu, it was merely hinted at that it was being worked on at the same time, and then said that they wanted to iron out a few areas and make it more complete before attempting to release any of it. but most likely it will not be before next summer, hopefully they do release it before then but Im not holding my breath. They did release, although I dont think it was intentional, several rough drafts on lam during update16's release there, prob can still find them on the lam server.

    as for the missing prestige, AFAIK all classes should recieve their 3 prestiges, not too sure on that though, havent seen any new prestige info pop up anywhere.

    Personally, I dont see why people are complaining about it messing with their builds, if anything it would open up and allow for more builds to apply since from the rough drafts it took alot of the level requirements out of the enhancements.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violith View Post
    it will happen. Despite popular belief (including my own) the release date was never scheduled with motu,
    Yes it was. They publicly said they had to push it back, multiple times. There is no "pushing back" if there was no initial release date, which was originally to be part of MOTU.

    if I'm understanding the rest of your post, you're saying that the enhancement pass will include 3 complete prestiges finished for all classes? Ha! More reason to doubt it ever happening.

    The reason people are concerned is because of the "3 tree" concept. This would greatly nerf multiclass builds, and would also hamstring some pures.

    Let's consider wizards. Splitting the damage lines into the 3 trees, imagine pale masters get fire and ice, archmages get force and acid, and wild mages get electricity and repair. How annoyed would you be having to spend extra AP in the PM tree just to unlock the top tier ice line for your acid/cold wf archmage, and then spend even more unnecessary AP in the wild mage tree just to get to the repair line?

  15. #15
    Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    *looks around* I don't know...
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Let's consider wizards. Splitting the damage lines into the 3 trees, imagine pale masters get fire and ice, archmages get force and acid, and wild mages get electricity and repair. How annoyed would you be having to spend extra AP in the PM tree just to unlock the top tier ice line for your acid/cold wf archmage?
    If all 3 tress have the same base, generic to the class, enhancements (ele damages lines, spell pen, crit lines, etc) at the same lvl tiers and points spent in a same tier amongst 3 trees counts towards your total it wouldn't be a problem.

    For example:
    You want to get PM Tier III and also unlock Wild Mage Tier I, you spent in fire/elec/cold damage I-II in WM to get Tier I (random AP number here, no idea how much it will cost) and since you already have I and II unlocked in WM you can get III-IV-V-VI-VII in PM without having to spend on I and II again.

    I *really* hope they implement something of the sort and thought about it far enough to make sure we don't get rail-rolled into pigeonholed builds...
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

  16. #16
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    There are 2 key things that Turbine needs to do with the enhancement pass for it be a success in my opinion. First, they need to take as much time as required to get it right, or as close to right as humanly possible, the first time. Second, they need to give us (the players) as much time as absolutely possible to see, play with, and break this system on lamma land before they even think about putting it on live servers.

  17. #17
    Community Member Ryiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    The reason people are concerned is because of the "3 tree" concept. This would greatly nerf multiclass builds, and would also hamstring some pures.
    Which is probably why it keeps getting pushed back. That and they're probably hoping people forget they ever suggested changing them.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

  18. #18
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    453

    Default

    This is the most recent statement I seem to recall:

    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Since I posted this in the Lamannia forums, I should repeat it here:


    The new enhancements system will not be up for some time. We're planning on giving it an extended beta on Lamannia before going live with it - much longer than we traditionally have with our game systems.


    Based on some early feedback and our experiences with the Epic Destinies, we pulled the enhancements system back to spend a lot more time on it. Several members of the System team are splitting their time between bugfixing and enhancements.

    You should have ample warning before it goes live. I'd recommend you play your characters and not worry too much about how the enhancements will change, it won't be before the end of this year. (I can't give details on exactly when it'll land, though.)

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeafeningWhisper View Post
    If all 3 tress have the same base, generic to the class, enhancements (ele damages lines, spell pen, crit lines, etc) at the same lvl tiers and points spent in a same tier amongst 3 trees counts towards your total it wouldn't be a problem.
    That's the rub, because doing that (with all the duplicates in each tree) would essentially shatter the elegance they hope to introduce.

    Better would be a "generic class" tree for each class you have; so the wizard tree would have the damage lines, spell pen, etc... Stuff that any wizard might want. Then an additional tree for each prestige, with just those enhancements related to the prestiges. The problem with this is that there simply aren't enough enhancements related to a prestige to justify using a whole tree. So again, losing the elegance.

    Maybe a race tree, a generic class tree for every class you have, and a combined prestige tree for each class you have. So using wizard again, a pure human would have 3 trees: human, wizard, and wizard prestige. The prestige tree would have pale master (plus its summons), archmage (plus its slas) and wild mage (plus whatever.) That could work, and would only sacrifice a little elegance.

    A human tempest trapmonkey would start to lose a little elegance, with 7 trees: human, ranger, ranger prestige, rogue, rogue prestige, fighter, fighter prestige. But the most common builds probably only have 1 or 2 classes, so that would be 3 or 5 trees. Pretty manageable, I'd think.

  20. #20
    Community Member DeafeningWhisper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    *looks around* I don't know...
    Posts
    2,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    That's the rub, because doing that (with all the duplicates in each tree) would essentially shatter the elegance they hope to introduce.

    Better would be a "generic class" tree for each class you have; so the wizard tree would have the damage lines, spell pen, etc... Stuff that any wizard might want. Then an additional tree for each prestige, with just those enhancements related to the prestiges. The problem with this is that there simply aren't enough enhancements related to a prestige to justify using a whole tree. So again, losing the elegance.

    Maybe a race tree, a generic class tree for every class you have, and a combined prestige tree for each class you have. So using wizard again, a pure human would have 3 trees: human, wizard, and wizard prestige. The prestige tree would have pale master (plus its summons), archmage (plus its slas) and wild mage (plus whatever.) That could work, and would only sacrifice a little elegance.

    A human tempest trapmonkey would start to lose a little elegance, with 7 trees: human, ranger, ranger prestige, rogue, rogue prestige, fighter, fighter prestige.
    Screw elegance, I want functionality and customization, everything else can die a horrible death by the way side for all I care...
    "Pike or do not. There is no lag."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload