Unhappy Community Help? Disappointed.

Hello Everyone -

My name is Jeremiah and I am a DDOAholic. Okay - enough drama. Here is my sad "vent" story.

I am about to re-gear my toon... nothing fancy, because I mostly end up playing alone... do not have the ability to get anything fancy, I play hard... but surely at an amateur level. So I decide I want to slot +6 Dexterity on my Ring of the Stalker - which is Tier 3 and has Yellow and Colorless slots.
    I worked hard for my ring... I worked even harder to earn the first 30 Epic Tokens for the Yellow slot. I looked in my bags and found I had the 20 Tokens I needed for the Dexterity! Wonderful news! (because I am also frugal)
    I go to the Altar place with the Elemental dude in the twelve... I buy the Colorless +6 Dex Crystal and a Colorless Catalyst. I put the three items into the machine and pull the trigger...
    Item Restored!

Ummmm...Errrr?? Now the Yellow and Colorless Slot are reopened and it will not let me craft onto it.
    Do not read further if you are easily angered...I love playing game, I am just disappointed right now.

So I hit esc, help, and do a bug report - and I can't pick crafting...the dropdown is broken... whatever...

I search wiki....forums...can't find an answer... BUT THEN - a turbine support agent contacts me and says I can talk to them by pressing /r -- I get excited - surely they can either tell me I am doing it wrong go learn the right way! Or they can tell me it is not broken - I ruined the ring using the machine wrong and have to start over! Or they can **I start hoping** DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS SITUATION... GIVE ME A RING AND 30 TOKENS... MAKE MY RING WORK... PUT THE TWO SLOTTED ITEMS ONTO RING FOR ME...

But no... instead - he interrupts my own personal frustration, where I would of gracefully given up...come to forums later for help, or asked in advice chat this weekend... or asked my guildmates... and I am told...wait while he researches the situation.

I use the /sit action at the crafting station place just in case he is watching...do not want to seem impatient or ungrateful! -- Eventually I am told... can not do anything for me -- file ANOTHER bug report at blah blah blah url!!!

Then - he had the patience to keep talking to me... and apologize and ask if there was anything else!?!

*** This was when I was having thoughts...give me 2 years of my life back!?!!? Not a good time to ask if there was anything else he could do... ***

The point is - why answer in game when you can not do anything to help at all- even if I could demonstrate the bug to you in person...

If it really is a bug...something potentially wrong with the game... why wouldn't SUPPORT send MY CURRENT report on up the ladder...to the right place...

I work long hours in customer service - I play DDO to get away for awhile. I have never been disappointed in turbine like I read on the forums - I know the game is its own organism and is a complex thing...

But this kind of service...

Sigh

It would be like being on a deserted highway... you hit a deer... car is undriveable. Police officer comes followed by a tow truck and an avis rental. They stop near you... ask you to write down what happened.

They read it and talk to each other briefly... they ask you rewrite it and mail it in to a different place... and the three of them drive off - first...saying... there is nothing we can do to assist you this evening - is there anything else we can do for you? This matter is then closed - please do not ask us about this matter in this way again!

So here I am punched in the face... my character still sitting on ground... I just hit exit game because I do not feel like playing anymore.

No. You can not have my stuff.
    Jeremiiah - Isaiiah - Zephaniiah - Ghallanda - Old Timers Guild

See note on log in screen about epic alters and release note update 16 patch 1

theres a warnin on the log in screen.

That beign said... devs I did tell you this would happen!

OP if you play on orien send a tell at some poitn to any chars in my sig, I run challenges prety often and will help you get stuff back.

im sure there are similar folks on most servers.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

I really appreciate the fast answer - I wish that were the case for me...

I did not have a +7 item to remove or cleanse.

Also, it simply says Item Restored! No matter what I try now.

But - again thank you - you at least attempted to actually help me.

If I had lost my yellow crystal first and then been able to recraft the ring...I would of been frustrated... but I would of understood. If my ring was ruined... very frustrated, but would of understood.

I am left with a broken item? And no information on what I should do...

It is hard because I do not even know if starting over would work?? So I collect all the stuff for a new Epic Ring and then ruin that one also?

Blogger and Hatchery Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Texas - the most "MURICA!" part of 'murica! rawr

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah179 View Post
    So here I am punched in the face... my character still sitting on ground... I just hit exit game because I do not feel like playing anymore.

sorry you had such a bad experience. i know it doesn't help you now, but what you described is already a well known issue, to the point that there is a warning in the launcher about it.

i hope this has not completely turned you off to the game... i am someone else on Orien willing to help with re-acquisition of epic mats, be it thru challenges or quests, if you have the heart to log back in.

The point is - why answer in game when you can not do anything to help at all- even if I could demonstrate the bug to you in person...
    because you would probably be MORE p***ed if they just closed the ticket with no comment at all.

the official home of LOLWUT

LONG LIVE R.O.G.U.E ! Pay2Win AND PROUD
    Q: how do you get me to instantly appear in a thread? A: ask a bard question!

2015 DDO Players Council

I really appreciate the fast answer - I wish that were the case for me...

I did not have a +7 item to remove or cleanse.

Also, it simply says Item Restored! No matter what I try now.

But - again thank you - you at least attempted to actually help me.

If I had lost my yellow crystal first and then been able to recraft the ring...I would of been frustrated... but I would of understood. If my ring was ruined... very frustrated, but would of understood.

I am left with a broken item? And no information on what I should do...

It is hard because I do not even know if starting over would work?? So I collect all the stuff for a new Epic Ring and then ruin that one also?
    Quote Originally Posted by Known Issues Thread
    NEW - Using the Altar of Epic Rituals will "cleanse" effects from Epic items of the following content/quest chains:
    • Servants of the Overlords (Spinner of Shadows)
    • Cannith Challenges
    • Crystal Cove

your ring of the stalker is currently stuck in stasis until the upcoming revamp of item slots, at which time you will be able to slot things into it again. there will be no point in making a new ring of the stalker, it will have the same issue as your current one. again, your current ring IS NOT BROKEN OR RUINED... you just can't craft on it currently

Thank you so much.

This is all I needed to know.

My log in screen last 2-3 seconds, I can not read anything on it. I tried 3 times when you guys started referring to it.

All the support person had to do was tell me this exact same information. You should not of done anything with your ring right now sir - It is posted "here" and "here" - you will have to wait until next update or so...when we hope to have the issue resolved... have a nice day.

Now I know - slot my equipment differently for now. I have the crafting to put flex dex on a different item for now and plenty of materials... so I am only out my 30 extra HP for now... I can live with that.

Thank you community.

Thank you so much.

This is all I needed to know.

My log in screen last 2-3 seconds, I can not read anything on it. I tried 3 times when you guys started referring to it.

All the support person had to do was tell me this exact same information. You should not of done anything with your ring right now sir - It is posted "here" and "here" - you will have to wait until next update or so...when we hope to have the issue resolved... have a nice day.

Now I know - slot my equipment differently for now. I have the crafting to put flex dex on a different item for now and plenty of materials... so I am only out my 30 extra HP for now... I can live with that.

Thank you community.
    You still have to type a password so I don't see how log in lasts a couple seconds.

Sucks tho! They should come up with a temporary fix so people don't lose their tokens.

2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by twigzz View Post
    You still have to type a password so I don't see how log in lasts a couple seconds.

Sucks tho! They should come up with a temporary fix so people don't lose their tokens.
    if he uses the mini-launcher the news box might not come up unless there's something new in the feed, depending on what settings he chose.

Yes - my launcher is small box...just needs my name.

Do not know how I ended up with it that way... I will look at that.

That is what I mean by amateur - I do not even know what I do not know! lol