Default 375 Purple dragon knight favor

Hi ,

Currently at 355 PDK favor I am missing 20 points to reach my goal

Missing 4 EE dungeons rusted blades / death undone / belly of the beast and CITW

For some of you that have already soloed the 3 above ( as I will not solo CITW on EE lol ) I was just wondering
    if you find it possible and if you have specified tactic for those dungeons

My first try was a complete fail especially in rusted blades as they have full hp and even with 106 AC
    In one of my Epic Destiny and 933 hp they kill me so damn fast

Is this considered end content or maybe good player level ( maybe too much for me ) or is my character just too weak ?
    Anamalia 25 cleric sarlona
    **Anamalia level 25 Cleric **
    Guild Stealer of souls

EE rusted blades is probably the easiest one, if you want the specifics on how to get back to the start, PM me.
    EE death undone wasn't too bad, lots of alert/undead/respawns etc and now the door is locked up so you gotta go the long way.
    EE citw...well...I haven't soloed that. I actually only have EN favor on my main.
    EE in the belly of the beast, I've heard it's rough, kinda buggy as well with mobs getting invis-stuck on walls, I haven't soloed this, but haven't attempted either. Yet .

Consider challenges, with 6/6/5/5/4/4 stars and only EH belly of the beast, EN citw I think I am like 2-3 favor short so can skip EH/EE citw or EE belly if I want, challenges are not bad (maybe tough 6 star solo, as the bosses are a dps check and on lvl30 have a fat chunk of hp)

first not being able to solo epic elites does not make your character too weak. There are very few who can solo EE for most quests. sure many can solo some but very few people can solo all thePDK favor.

second, you only need do belly on eh and citw on eh. These are both a pain on ee, 5 star challenges and you will have more then enough favor.

A little more detail in what you have[/have not] done be nice to help you figure out what yuo could do to get your Oversword rank.

In the meantime, I'll lay out what I did to get there:

5 star all ES challenges- Very easy to do, because they can be done at lowest possible setting to make it easier.

Out of all the quests, I only have 3 on EH:

Caught in the Web
    In the Belly of the Beast
    Don't Drink the Water

If I'm right, these are the 3 most painful quests of them all, yes? And you only need them on EH. EH CitW might be a pain, yet probably not as painful as the other two on EE.

The rest I have done on EE/HE (Make sure you have 'The Riddle' and 'Murder by Night' on elite. They are Heroic and quite easy to get done. I was missing these not realizing they were PDK favor and was worrying about getting one of the other 3 on EE.)

I ended up with exactly 375 PDK favor.

Hope this helps abit, as it was a relief to not have to do CitW, Belly, or Water on EE nor have to 6 star any challenge.

Community Member

EE Belly's only problem area is the Arena fight as every wave you go up to red dungeon alert.

The major problem with that being the blademasters round with full red label blademasters at CR41 and a named at CR 43.

If you have an ally in the arena then that will buy you a little bit of time.

Additionally, when the purple worms come up they buy you some time as the spectators chew through them.

My last try on EE of belly , we had around 20 - 25 blademasters running around
    Being the last one alive in arena was a small satisfaction ( our leader used evasion ) i died at once ..( been counting those crazy drows after death )

Turbine should fix the number of opponent in this one as it seems really too much to be

Done with a red dungeon alert not allowing you to move a yard !

Thanks Dalooza for tip on 6 star challenges ( I have a couple of pdk favor points to earn on this left )

Quote Originally Posted by GoRinNoSho View Post
    EE Belly's only problem area is the Arena fight as every wave you go up to red dungeon alert.

The major problem with that being the blademasters round with full red label blademasters at CR41 and a named at CR 43.

If you have an ally in the arena then that will buy you a little bit of time.

Additionally, when the purple worms come up they buy you some time as the spectators chew through them.
    Guild Stealer of souls

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

For me problem with belly is belly itself- I can see only green acid, can't even see my character in it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmitch5 View Post
    My last try on EE of belly , we had around 20 - 25 blademasters running around
    Being the last one alive in arena was a small satisfaction ( our leader used evasion ) i died at once ..( been counting those crazy drows after death )

Turbine should fix the number of opponent in this one as it seems really too much to be

Done with a red dungeon alert not allowing you to move a yard !

Thanks Dalooza for tip on 6 star challenges ( I have a couple of pdk favor points to earn on this left )
    K, didn't do a specific head count when I did that. I was lodged in an excellent spot to volley so their headcount didn't matter.

You should be able to get an EE rusted blades group going fairly quick. Make use of your environment to funnel down the end fight.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    For me problem with belly is belly itself- I can see only green acid, can't even see my character in it.
    Graphics glitch? There are some places where you can't see much in the worm. If you are only seeing green then you might try altering the cloud/atmospheric effects in your advanced graphics.

I didn't have any issues. Granted on EE there are parts where I popped into 1st person mode for targeting purposes.

Some random rock hurdling through the universe to who knows where...

The easiest way to get 375 PDK favor is to 5 star all the challenges, do EN CitW, EH Belly of the Beast, EE everything else, and of course elite for the two heroic level quests. That will get you exactly 375 favor.

EE Belly is a nightmare. If anyone ever solo's this it better get posted in the achievements section.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    The easiest way to get 375 PDK favor is to 5 star all the challenges, do EN CitW, EH Belly of the Beast, EE everything else, and of course elite for the two heroic level quests. That will get you exactly 375 favor.

EE Belly is a nightmare. If anyone ever solo's this it better get posted in the achievements section.
    It has already been soloed by at least 3 different players each with a different build. All of them are in the achievement section already.

And I've completed it a few times, all you have to do is have someone CC the blademasters. Webs work. Kiting them around while rest of the party takes them one by one works too.
    Owy Evoker FvS / Praledric Completionist Qstaff Rogue/Monk/Druid / Laraeph DC Wizard / Laraelph AA Monk/Ranger/Pally / Gaenry Shiradi Sorc/FvS/Wiz / Reasis SWF Pally & numerous others
    The Leveller for DDO!

Community Member

Default Rusted Blades, EE

I've done Rusted Blades on EE "solo" - that being with a hireling only. Here is how I did it:

If you do not have Dimension Door (spell, scroll, dragonmark, or etc), then bring Mikayl the Pious with you (level 11 fighter hireling available in the Marketplace). Summon him when you first enter the dungeon and park him at the entrance.

Run to the Battlemaster's swordrack, summon Mikayl, use the swordrack, have Mikayl cast DDoor.

Now that you're back at the entrance, go to the bell (with Mikayl). Wait for the "Gather your party at the bell" objective to be completed. When "You are ready to ring the bell", have Mikayl cast DDoor and go back to the beginning.

Dismiss Mikayl. If you are a melee, summon a healer hireling. If you are a cleric, summon a melee hireling.

Now, staying on the upper deck (don't go into the courtyard by the bell!), run over to the door behind where the Battlemaster will spawn. Keep your hireling on defensive mode (or even put them into passive mode for now) and park them right at that door.

EDIT: Boots of Propulsion also work for this jump^.

Go into the courtyard and ring the bell. Get back on top of the bell and use Leap of Faith, Abundant Step, or Snowslide (if you're a druid) to get from the top of the bell to the upper deck again. Run over to your hireling.

Now, when the Battlemaster is "active" and you can fight him, then pull him to you (Divine Punishment or other dot or a throwing weapon) and fight him right at that door where he spawned. If your hireling was on passive mode, put him or her on defensive mode. If they're a healer hireling, they'll keep you up. If they are melee, they'll be your muscle for this fight.
    Last edited by Coyopa; 12-27-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Zephyr- View Post
    It has already been soloed by at least 3 different players each with a different build. All of them are in the achievement section already.

And I've completed it a few times, all you have to do is have someone CC the blademasters. Webs work. Kiting them around while rest of the party takes them one by one works too.
    Thanks, I'll have to go check out the achievements now.

I've done EE Belly in a group also... it's still a nightmare, arguably one of the most difficult EE quests.
    Totally Bass Ackwards ~ int based/heavy armored pure tempest<>The Count of Monte Cristo ~ dps/CC/survivability focused pure swashbuckler<>Santa's Little Slayer ~ dragonmarked elf centered kensai<>Hassan's Assassin ~ 76 DC/dps/survivability focused human assassin<>Dubbell O'Seven ~ casting/ranged WF artificer

If you've done ee reclaiming the rift, ee belly should be cake, same principle. Have a divine in EA wing-kite the blademaster and yuan-ti waves (or have a monk to ein them), their numbers will be overwhelming otherwise. I wouldn't try soloing it though, it's a tough one.

I've soloed death undone one time before the update on my wisdom-based fvs. Trickiest part is the end fight. When triggering the end fight, wing fast to the entrance before the redname effectively spawns (or cast death pact, let them kill you and raise the door without them seeing you), kill the stuff that follows you there with bb kiting/divine wrath. Then, use energy drain to pull the rednamed alone, kill him with a cheap nuking rotation. Run inside, use 2 flashstones on cauldrons, win quest, collect bacon.

Coyopa explained well enough how to solo rusted blades, I can do that one with you on one of my toons if you need help.
    Last edited by DarkForte; 12-27-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I've done Rusted Blades on EE "solo" - that being with a hireling only. Here is how I did it:

If you do not have Dimension Door (spell, scroll, dragonmark, or etc), then bring Mikayl the Pious with you (level 11 fighter hireling available in the Marketplace). Summon him when you first enter the dungeon and park him at the entrance.

Run to the Battlemaster's swordrack, summon Mikayl, use the swordrack, have Mikayl cast DDoor.

Now that you're back at the entrance, go to the bell (with Mikayl). Wait for the "Gather your party at the bell" objective to be completed. When "You are ready to ring the bell", have Mikayl cast DDoor and go back to the beginning.

Dismiss Mikayl. If you are a melee, summon a healer hireling. If you are a cleric, summon a melee hireling.

Now, staying on the upper deck (don't go into the courtyard by the bell!), run over to the door behind where the Battlemaster will spawn. Keep your hireling on defensive mode (or even put them into passive mode for now) and park them right at that door.

Go into the courtyard and ring the bell. Get back on top of the bell and use Leap of Faith, Abundant Step, or Snowslide (if you're a druid) to get from the top of the bell to the upper deck again. Run over to your hireling.

Now, when the Battlemaster is "active" and you can fight him, then pull him to you (Divine Punishment or other dot or a throwing weapon) and fight him right at that door where he spawned. If your hireling was on passive mode, put him or her on defensive mode. If they're a healer hireling, they'll keep you up. If they are melee, they'll be your muscle for this fight.
    This^ did it myself worked great.

also solo'd house of death.that one was a bit harder just pullin mobs 1 at a time if u can staying within running distance to the shrine(you will die)rinse repeat till path is clear to boss then do the same to clear what u can out of the boss room. get boss alonr kill her then run in and nuke couldrens before the invisable driders jump u.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkForte View Post
    If you've done ee reclaiming the rift, ee belly should be cake, same principle.
    There is a safe spot in Rift. Park a hire at the portal, stand on the orb, pull mobs to you... profit. It is A LOT easier than Belly.

Hi ,

Finished EE rusted blade with a full group yesterday / dimension door is obviously usefull in this one to ensure a quick success down the bell ( S west corner seems to be the best choice for the end fight either )

Quote Originally Posted by CThruTheEgo View Post
    There is a safe spot in Rift. Park a hire at the portal, stand on the orb, pull mobs to you... profit. It is A LOT easier than Belly.
    Guild Stealer of souls

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mmitch5 View Post
    Hi ,

Finished EE rusted blade with a full group yesterday / dimension door is obviously usefull in this one to ensure a quick success down the bell ( S west corner seems to be the best choice for the end fight either )
    Yes, if you're doing it with a full group and melee'ing Teblyn, then the southwest corner is the place to be and being able to ddoor after he's dead is very helpful.

Congratulations on getting that one done on EE.

Smile

Thanks

I need 12 more points ..

We tried house of death undone EE but failed as the dungeon is full of enemies and you need so much SP potions to reach the goal .. last fight is red alert right away so I need to find powerful guys to help me with this one

Been reading threads about difference between EH an EE on the forum and start to think that people complaining about the gap are right

I personnaly soloed EH HODU alone and succeeded ( was hard BUT success)
    I would not stay alive long trying EE maybe 1 minute or less

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    Yes, if you're doing it with a full group and melee'ing Teblyn, then the southwest corner is the place to be and being able to ddoor after he's dead is very helpful.

Congratulations on getting that one done on EE.
    Guild Stealer of souls

Made a HODU ee with a great group yesterday

Path to end fight is still short by climbing twice the east way after collecting the object needed
    to disable the device.
    But relig is another story he is dealing great damages even to high AC toons
    I thaught 106 AC was not bad for my cleric but it is low against this guy and his foes
    Anyway i reached my goal : 381 pdk and the option to acquire and improve great objects now
    was long
    Guild Stealer of souls