2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Default For the Eleventy Billionth Time: A Little volume slider popup for each party member.

Click the little green icon next to each party member (or hover, whatever!) and a volume slider appears and lets you turn that one person down or up as needed.

Oh and a "Audio chat master volume" slider to go with the other 7 or 8 less important volume sliders. As it stands I have almost everything turned down to near zero and still wish I could turn voice up.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

That would be lovely.

But as I understand it, DDO voice chat is an integrated third-party software from six years ago. To do it right, they'd probably have to rip it out entirely and buy a updated version and reintegrate it...

I imagine if it was easy (or reasonably cheap) they would have upgraded the chat already.

I'm just glad it works fairly reliably at this point. The thought of mucking about with it makes me cringe a little.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

/signed.

Yes. Yes, yes... YES.

Get the Treasure Chest Tinkle-Meister on this ASAP.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

It's not possible. DDO's voice software is provided by gamespy. Go ask them to update their software.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Alt-pletionist

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    It's not possible. DDO's voice software is provided by gamespy. Go ask them to update their software.
    One more reason to hate gamespy, a company that's been struggling to be relivant to anything or anyone since it was obviated by Quakeworld after it's initial 15 minutes of usefulness as a Quake server browser. Oh well, I guess they can't partner with Vent or Mumble or something. Geez I wonder if the chat client is mIRC lol.
    You guys filibustering a new mode have already succeeded in scaring the Dev's into not doing it the right way and re-scaling the existing settings, why in the world are you still filibustering? Drunk on your success? Schadenfreude? Spitefulness?

/Signed

Make that eleventy billion +1.

Although I'd rather have the system we have now than anything else that may be broken as a result of trying to "fix" it...
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

Quote Originally Posted by IronClan View Post
    Geez I wonder if the chat client is mIRC lol.
    The chat client wishes it had all the bells and whistles of being mIRC or any IRC client for that matter.

Not sure what they are using, but it's painful, and it is definitely not IRC based, and if it is, it's very thinly based.

P.S. Also signed on the individual volume issue (again).
    Last edited by NytCrawlr; 12-28-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by MsEricka View Post
    They do have the option to choose another provider or to require gamespy to make the voice chat more reliable if they wish to continue recieving Turbine's money, as I have serious doubts that gamespy provides the voice chat out of their altruistic love of ddo players.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

They do have the option to choose another provider or to require gamespy to make the voice chat more reliable if they wish to continue recieving Turbine's money, as I have serious doubts that gamespy provides the voice chat out of their altruistic love of ddo players.
    Yup they do. But really the voice software is actually pretty good compared to some other games.

As for money, I _believe_ that to license the voice software it's only a one time payment. I looked into for another game that didn't want to add voice chat because it was too hard to do!! Something is better than nothing.

/signed… again. The all or nothing approach to communication in this game is really annoying.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.