Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Helmet View Post
    Meh, I get 2 pieces that drop in the same chest once in awhile.

No screen shots, just experience.
    ive seen that. ive even pulled duplicate or 2 different sigil pieces before. 1 that drops from the quest and a random piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus42 View Post
    You site the wiki as your source of proof and then ask for a screenie from others as proof? I'm still waiting on your proof. By the way, you do realize the wiki page you linked actually proved you wrong. Piece 1-4 "drops mostly at" such and such quest. 'Mostly' doesn't mean 'only'.

Wikis are very helpful, but they aren't 100% reliable; too easily changed and they never require proof of info added. So do you have any screenies or dev posts stating that sigil piece 1, 2, 3 or 4 come ONLY from a certain chest?
    ummm... mostly means it drops from the respected quest, but can also be found from the rares in the Orchard. what sense would there be if a sigil piece that drops from Inferno also drops from Fleshmakers? they want us to run the quests. if i got the piece i needed from a different quest, 1-4, i would have no need to run the other quest.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qhualor View Post
    left wing only drops in Fleshmakers or rare chest in orchard. no other quest.
    Update 13 Release notes
    http://compendium.ddo.com/wiki/Relea...of_the_Macabre

Quote Originally Posted by Noneof View Post
    sweet and simple...TY

Scratt for president!!!!

and because you need a very skilled group to do with less than five people...it's very hard to accomplish.
    It's pretty easy to accomplish with just 2 people who work together.

A Monk or a Favored Soul (or, I suppose, an Exalted Angel) can solo all 5 runes, but that is difficult if you can't suppress the air elementals. The trick is to listen for the click to move to the next spot, rather than watching the progress bar. The bar runs longer than it actually takes. When you hear the click, then you can move. If you wait for the bar each time, the first will reset before you reach the last.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

mostly means it drops from the respected quest, but can also be found from the rares in the Orchard. what sense would there be if a sigil piece that drops from Inferno also drops from Fleshmakers? they want us to run the quests.
    Quoted from the Release Notes.

All chests in the Orchard of the Macabre that had a chance to drop Sigil pieces, Tattered Tapestries, Tome of Untold Legends pages, or Shield of Legend fragments now have a chance to drop any of the above. If a chest previously had a specific Sigil piece, Tome page, or Shield fragment associated with it, that chest will remain the best source for that particular item. However, these items can now drop from any of the above chests.
    Note that it doesn't say the "Orchard of the Macabre Wilderness" but rather simply the "Orchard of the Macabre". Implying it isn't just the wilderness.

As for my own experiences, I've pulled practically every piece for the Sigil for my Wizard's current life farming the Temple of Vol. I'd post a screenshot if I had one, but it really isn't necessary when so many others are stating the same experience.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 12-26-2012 at 01:30 AM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by vVvAiaynAvVv View Post
    The one I need specifically tho is number 2...which drops in Fleshmaker's...and because you need a very skilled group to do with less than five people...it's very hard to accomplish.

The hardest part of fleshmakers is hitting those stupid end switches with only two people while being tossed around by air elementals like a cheerleader taking on Sylar. I hate air elementals. But yes to answer your question farming the rares will eventually give you a full sigil and some taps and some other goodies, all of which you can sell or turn into a skiver or something else nice.
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

Got all my missing pieces of sigil, tome and shield all from farming rares - including the piece I didn't get in Inferno. No screenshot, but since I have absolutely zero to gain by making this claim...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    Quoted from the Release Notes.

Note that it doesn't say the "Orchard of the Macabre Wilderness" but rather simply the "Orchard of the Macabre". Implying it isn't just the wilderness.

As for my own experiences, I've pulled practically every piece for the Sigil for my Wizard's current life farming the Temple of Vol. I'd post a screenshot if I had one, but it really isn't necessary when so many others are stating the same experience.

No mate, we just like to come on here and lie about stuff :P

Compendium Pwnt

It isn't necessary to farm Fleshmakers to get the sigil piece from there, btw...it's the most likely location, but you can technically get it from at least any end chest and from wilderness chests (I know for a fact I've pulled the Fleshmaker's piece in Vol).
    Eternal Infinity: Wruntjunior ~ DI Sorc // Youngwrunt ~ Survivalist Paladin // Wruntarrow ~ Monkcher // Wruntsonmonk ~ Wis-Based Monk

Quote Originally Posted by WruntJunior View Post
    It isn't necessary to farm Fleshmakers to get the sigil piece from there, btw...it's the most likely location, but you can technically get it from at least any end chest and from wilderness chests (I know for a fact I've pulled the Fleshmaker's piece in Vol).
    Hey, you don't have to convince us, you gotta convince "the pics or didn't happen" people, even though there is plenty of corroboration here on the subject.

you need a very skilled group to do with less than five people

What?

Community Member

left wing only drops in Fleshmakers or rare chest in orchard. no other quest.
    No, every chest in the flagging quests has the same chance of dropping any piece (and shield/tome pieces) as the rare chests in the orchard do.

i would like to see this proven. i have never ever looted or seen someone else loot a sigil piece that did not come from its respected quest drop or rare chest in the Orchard.

in other words, screenie or it didnt happen.
    As I was aware of the release notes that proclaimed sigil pieces could drop from any chest in the orchard I have no screenie, but during my last TR I dropped a left and RIGHT frame piece in a single elite GoP run.

Community Member

ummm... mostly means it drops from the respected quest, but can also be found from the rares in the Orchard. what sense would there be if a sigil piece that drops from Inferno also drops from Fleshmakers? they want us to run the quests. if i got the piece i needed from a different quest, 1-4, i would have no need to run the other quest.
    They used to when content was a lot thinner and that was end or near end game content. Now I think they feel that would bog players down enough in the mid game that they might simply choose the other alternatives now available and simply skip the whole thing. With Minos being less unique that could cut into sales.

Well....I was way off.....after reading thru the advice on here I decided to give this a shot again.

Brought my Panther and a Hireling and I parked one each at the two end runes.

I clicked mine first.....then had them do theirs......hopped across...got the fourth and then hopped back in the middle and ran up to the fifth.......and it worked

This on a PM so no fancy leaps.........the Ele's were still a little bit of a nusciance...with the main problem being that you have you be right near them to land a spell or you get the invisble wall blocked message.

And of course the piece I needed was in the chest so now I am flagged I also pulled the Ring of Unknown Origins.

Scratt for president!!!!

Congratz! Glad it worked out for ya.

Well....I was way off.....after reading thru the advice on here I decided to give this a shot again.

Brought my Panther and a Hireling and I parked one each at the two end runes.

I clicked mine first.....then had them do theirs......hopped across...got the fourth and then hopped back in the middle and ran up to the fifth.......and it worked

This on a PM so no fancy leaps.........the Ele's were still a little bit of a nusciance...with the main problem being that you have you be right near them to land a spell or you get the invisble wall blocked message.

And of course the piece I needed was in the chest so now I am flagged I also pulled the Ring of Unknown Origins.

Gratz dude!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12