Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

/signed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post
    Dante is right. I respect that he agrees with us but has other valid points. Further, he is charismatic, kind and has perfect supple skin and well groomed hair. His analytical skills are only matched by his strong yet generous nature...
    Fixed.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    Devs- we need new players. We need to keep new players. If they've ponied up some coin to buy a pack or slogged through enough favor to purchase one, give them a listing to see what they have!

On the Adventures tab, you added a column that shows whether or not there is a group for that particular quest, but there's no way for a player to tell if they own it or not. Throw us a bone and give us an icon that shows whether or a quest is ftp or p2p and whether you own it.
    I agree with the general thrust here but I want to raise a point here.

If you've played LOTRO as F2P you'll know that the Buy Now icon is somewhat... ubiquitous. It clogs up the game. It ruins what is otherwise a UI I would love to see in DDO (every element independently scalable?! I... you... they... there just aren't the words to describe how badly DDO needs this). We don't want to encourage unnecessary advertising all over badly needed screen real estate.

I do agree that players of all stripes need an easy way to find out what content they own - for VIPs too, if for no other reason than you can price up what it's going to cost you if you want to drop your sub. It is integrated with the LFM system very nicely, and in my experience on Argo people use the quest names so it's not a big deal. I don't even have a problem with the idea of putting it on the adventures tab - but I don't want to give the Marketing types the idea that we're asking for more ways of accessing the store in game in general terms - Ctrl S and the occasional buy now embedded in KEY interfaces is PLENTY.

OK?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    The best of the best DDO players generally overperform when given a real challenge
    Quote Originally Posted by Amundir View Post
    My words are great. Even out of context.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    If you've played LOTRO as F2P you'll know that the Buy Now icon is somewhat... ubiquitous. It clogs up the game. It ruins what is otherwise a UI I would love to see in DDO (every element independently scalable?! I... you... they... there just aren't the words to describe how badly DDO needs this). We don't want to encourage unnecessary advertising all over badly needed screen real estate.
    IIRC I'm pretty sure the devs have refused to go anywhere near anything even remotely related to LOTRO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by LeadHero5 View Post
    Could quests that are part of a chain be identified as well?
    Yes! So that I dont need to hear "Do I have to be flagged for this?" anymore lol.

And as for the OP, /signed.
    ~ *Nikibrik* - The Arbiter of Life & Death | Brogburt - The Warlord | Capricio - The Lore-keeper | Rubrik - The Grove Protector | Kallistie - The Arch Necromancer | Thorbim - The Outlaw ~
    Thelanis ~ <Dwarven Weapons and Tactics>

We still need this! Devs, you need it. To get more money.

Kol Korran is disappointed in your lack of effort on this issue. Expect your fortunes to reverse. Not my fault you didn't listen to Kol Korran.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Sorry couldn't help it...I'd recommend checking out my newly born thread here that brings up a similar idea.

Oh and I'd worry less about Kol Korran and more about those damn coin lords especially that Warren Brothan guy and his brother Rarner Brothan.
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 10-03-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

good idea

/signed

Maybe the next time they decide to play with the UI we will see some way of easily identifying what quests you own/don't own. It just makes sense.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234