Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

this is a wonderful idea. +1

/signed

This would make the life easier for many people.
    Bhask the Unseen 21 Rog(tr 3), Tangoh 15 Barb(tr life 3),Domand d'Jorasco 18/2(tr4 )sorc/paly BF, Nilock 20(tr life 3), Domandi 20/8 1st life shuriken thrower.

/signed

The workaround I used was to pick up every quest I could. Every couple of levels, I would go through the harbor, marketplace, all the houses, and all the bars, and pick up quests from every NPC that would talk to me.

Then when I looked at the lfm panel, I would open up my adventure compendium and search for the quest - if it was yellow, I knew I was good. If the quest was not yellow, I knew I either didn't own it or wasn't flagged for it.

It would be better not to have to use workarounds like that. Or even to have some button "auto-pick-up-quests-I-own-and-am-flagged-for" so people could have the benefit of the "yellow in adventure compendium = I can run it" without having to run all over the maps every few levels.

Brand / Commerce Team QuartermasterX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    I started playing as a VIP and have not dropped my subscription, so I had no idea how freaking complicated it is to figure out if you own a pack or not until I started leveling up a toon for a friend of my kid so he could catch up with us.

For the love of the Flame, leaders please take the 3 seconds you need to select the quest in the LFM! Yes, I know you can type out where you are going, but that quest listing is THE only way a person knows if they own the quest or not!

If it has a "Buy Now" on it, you can't go. If the leader didn't bother to select it, you have no idea.

You can't tell what you own by looking at the store, unless you know what isn't showing up.
    You can't tell what you own by looking at the Adventure list.
    There is no listing anywhere that lists the packs you have purchased, unless you go to the store and look at your past account purchases, which is not very convenient when you are trying to decide whether to join a group.

Devs- we need new players. We need to keep new players. If they've ponied up some coin to buy a pack or slogged through enough favor to purchase one, give them a listing to see what they have!

On the Adventures tab, you added a column that shows whether or not there is a group for that particular quest, but there's no way for a player to tell if they own it or not. Throw us a bone and give us an icon that shows whether or a quest is ftp or p2p and whether you own it.
    Great idea... I couldn't agree with you more!

Default Great suggestion and

Could quests that are part of a chain be identified as well?

Originally posted by Aeryyn "I don't play this game for xp/min, I play for fun/hour. "

/agree

This is a wonderful idea. This would help people know which packages they have.

Helps when NOT TO ASK when clicking to join:
    1) What house?
    2) Where is quest <X>?
    3) Which quest?

People also can research the quests before hand.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility

Community Member

As I use the Adventure Compendium a lot, color-coding or not just displaying (via checkbox option) the quests I don't have access to would be nice.

I am fine with the addition, BUT...

When running my TR, BYOH, with BB... I don't select the quest in the panel. Why? I'm not in a "holding hands at the zoo" mood. I don't have the time to play which I may have before a career, kids, etc. Sometimes I just want to Zerg and level. I enjoy that. I don't like having to be a jerk and boot people who are trying to learn the game while I am in that mode.

That said, before you neg me, I also play a good bit where I put up newb friendly LFMs or even look for the "all dead at end boss hjelp me" LFMs to play hero in... I've even rerun quests with newbs after my BB runs to teach it to others.

But don't assume my LFMs are lazy.
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    I am fine with the addition.
    Fixed!
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)
    ---------------------------------------

Community Member

Hmm, wouldn't it be easier to simply list all account/character upgrades?Even for VIPs.

I wouldn't mind seeing a picture of what I've bought on what toons etc...

I started playing as a VIP and have not dropped my subscription, so I had no idea how freaking complicated it is to figure out if you own a pack or not until I started leveling up a toon for a friend of my kid so he could catch up with us.

For the love of the Flame, leaders please take the 3 seconds you need to select the quest in the LFM! Yes, I know you can type out where you are going, but that quest listing is THE only way a person knows if they own the quest or not!

If it has a "Buy Now" on it, you can't go. If the leader didn't bother to select it, you have no idea.

You can't tell what you own by looking at the store, unless you know what isn't showing up.
    You can't tell what you own by looking at the Adventure list.
    There is no listing anywhere that lists the packs you have purchased, unless you go to the store and look at your past account purchases, which is not very convenient when you are trying to decide whether to join a group.

Devs- we need new players. We need to keep new players. If they've ponied up some coin to buy a pack or slogged through enough favor to purchase one, give them a listing to see what they have!

On the Adventures tab, you added a column that shows whether or not there is a group for that particular quest, but there's no way for a player to tell if they own it or not. Throw us a bone and give us an icon that shows whether or a quest is ftp or p2p and whether you own it.
    Code:
    Adventure name:       Level:     Patron:                Adventure Pack:      Progress:   Favor:   Groups:
    The Fall of Truth     25         Agents of Argonessen   Ruins of Gianthold   None        0        6
    Hover box for adventure name:
    Code:
    Adventure: The Fall of Truth
    Quest: The Fall of Thruth
    Bestowed by: Cydonie
    In: Ruins of Gianthold
    Currently: Not Started
    Adventure Notes: This adventure is challenging. Balanced party recommended.
    Hover box for adventure pack:
    Code:
    This adventure is part of the Ruins of Gianthold adventure pack.
    You do not currently own this adventure pack.
    Click here to buy it from the DDO Store (store logo)

Quote Originally Posted by Artos_Fabril View Post
    Code:
    Thank you! I never knew that was there.

(It is still too complicated, though. Players should be able to tell at a glance whether or not they own the pack, not hit P then scroll through to find the pack... I hope this is being considered to be added to the UI in a more conspicuous place.)
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Community Member

(It is still too complicated, though. Players should be able to tell at a glance whether or not they own the pack, not hit P then scroll through to find the pack... I hope this is being considered to be added to the UI in a more conspicuous place.)
    Agreed..... Too cumbersome...

My thinking here is that IF players (even ViP) could easily see what options they'e purchased by account and by character, it MIGHT encourage/entice them to buy something they don't have.

Buying things should always be easy.... Companies that create situations where it's easy to spend, easy to see what you can spend on... Sell more... That is until they become annoying with it.. IE: Putting fricken links on screens I use to play the game on

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

/signed

Ideas which make the player experience more informed and better are always welcome. Devs, IF you do make some upgrades, can you also please include a column showing which difficulties under which you have completed a quest!
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Code:

It's not there, that was my first, non-invasive suggestion of how to put it in, instead of having to create a whole new tab in the adventure compendium or character sheet. The giveaway was the lack of an adventure pack column to hover over.

I just assume that anything that shows you something you can buy will give you a link to the place in the store to buy it. After the fiasco with the neg levels, I'm kinda surprised you don't get a pop-up when you're low on SP.
    Last edited by Artos_Fabril; 01-22-2013 at 05:42 PM.

I suggest three different icons to add to quest on the Adventure Compendium.

1. F2P
    2. P2P - own it
    3. P2P - don't own

This way VIPs would also know if a quest is F2P or P2P.

It's not there, that was my first, non-invasive suggestion of how to put it in, instead of having to create a whole new tab in the adventure compendium or character sheet. The giveaway was the lack of an adventure pack column to hover over.
    Oh, gotcha. Since I don't play on a premium account very often, I thought you were pointing out a place where it already was.

If I had it to design, I'd remove the "groups running this quest" column if space is an issue (this listing is really not a convenient place to look for a group) and replace it with a conditional icon-

Thumb up - Free to Play
    Stack of Gold with blue border - VIP
    Stack of Gold with green border - Adventure pack you own
    Greyed out Stack of Gold with BUY in red letters over the top - Adventure pack you don't own (with an appropriate link to store)

Make the list sortable by this column and you could tell at a glance what you still need to purchase and what's available to you now.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

OurDDO
    Flower Sniffer Extraordinaire
    2014 DDO Players Council

/signed, even though it's been a while since I was premium.

Of course, I guess there's no way to implement an intelligence check on those posting or reading LFMs, which would help as well... put up a ToD the other night and checked the "elite" box, and STILL had people asking "yo what diff" when they joined. LOL
    ~* Even's DDO blog | Players Helping Players | OurDDO main site | OurDDO RSS feed *~

Getting lost, lagging behind, and wiping parties since 2010.

Thelanis:
    Evennote
    | Acanthia | Jalliria | Victaurya
    Discordette | Merenwynne | Chalei | Seregeth
    Rivalel | Thangerie | Winnabette | Chartreusia
    Cannith: Tirae

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Definitely /signed

I don't thing it needs to be a huge things just a little icon by the quest...preferably sortable. Very Easily recognizable icons

Free =
    P2P Owned =
    P2P Not Owned =
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

I just find it odd that at least once per year since I've been playing this has been requested and now it's all of a sudden a NEW great idea.

Been a great idea for a long time, /signed...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast