Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Do It For the FTP/Premiums- Select the Quest. Devs- Give Us a Pack Ownership Listing!

I started playing as a VIP and have not dropped my subscription, so I had no idea how freaking complicated it is to figure out if you own a pack or not until I started leveling up a toon for a friend of my kid so he could catch up with us.

For the love of the Flame, leaders please take the 3 seconds you need to select the quest in the LFM! Yes, I know you can type out where you are going, but that quest listing is THE only way a person knows if they own the quest or not!

If it has a "Buy Now" on it, you can't go. If the leader didn't bother to select it, you have no idea.

You can't tell what you own by looking at the store, unless you know what isn't showing up.
    You can't tell what you own by looking at the Adventure list.
    There is no listing anywhere that lists the packs you have purchased, unless you go to the store and look at your past account purchases, which is not very convenient when you are trying to decide whether to join a group.

Devs- we need new players. We need to keep new players. If they've ponied up some coin to buy a pack or slogged through enough favor to purchase one, give them a listing to see what they have!

On the Adventures tab, you added a column that shows whether or not there is a group for that particular quest, but there's no way for a player to tell if they own it or not. Throw us a bone and give us an icon that shows whether or a quest is ftp or p2p and whether you own it.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

2016 DDO Players Council Stoner81's Avatar

/SIGNED BIG TIME!

I was free to play for a short time after my VIP sub ran out (just didn't have the cash at the time to renew it) and man it was seriously frustrating trying to run stuff since I could not tell what I did and didn't have!

Stoner81.

/signed X27(number of toons I have)

Holy DnD batman, why didn't anyone think of this sooner!

Definite yes!

The Adventure Compendium - Adventures tab badly needs a f2p/p2p/ownership column (sortable). Might as well add it to the Challenges and Wilderness tabs too while you're at it.

Alt-tabbing out to http://ddowiki.com/page/Guide_to_Free_to_Play grows tiresome. (Though I nearly have that list memorised at this point.) If myddo was working we could add it to our page links to view in-game, but alas, it is not.

Considering the proliferation of buy-now type links in the ui, this should be an easy sell to to the marketing beancounters.

Please do this, SOON.
    "... none but ourselves can free the mind." - Marcus Garvey, 1937

Community Member

Well, you could always check which guest passes you can buy, since you can only buy guest passes for packs you've bought.

But yeah...

/signed

It would be great if we had a tab listing all of the account wide stuff we owned, like WF and such.

For Example:
    "Did I buy Drow, or unlock it? I'm not sure, let me check before I start on another server... "
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Community Member

When I looked on the LFM tab if there was a quest that was in a pack which I had not bought it would tell me by showing a big icon of a Turbine point saying "Buy now" but, I do remember it was a check box that I had to tick. I don't remember seeing this after the last update, but then I own most packs now so it doesn't come up much. It says *Hide content I don't own" somewhere, or it used to. Might be worth looking at that. I can check next time I log on, but that won't be till later.

not a bad idea
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

Quote Originally Posted by marybee View Post
    When I looked on the LFM tab if there was a quest that was in a pack which I had not bought it would tell me by showing a big icon of a Turbine point saying "Buy now" but, I do remember it was a check box that I had to tick. I don't remember seeing this after the last update, but then I own most packs now so it doesn't come up much. It says *Hide content I don't own" somewhere, or it used to. Might be worth looking at that. I can check next time I log on, but that won't be till later.

This would only work if the poster selects the quest. As in the op said most people don't do that.
    -Die (teh_troll's unofficial legal counsel)
    Captain’s Crew of Ghalanda
    Characters: Diemmak – Dimack – Dianotherday – Dieinafire – Elieath – Inonelite – Nowyoudie - LivenletDie - DIhard

Community Member stoopid_cowboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    For the love of the Flame, leaders please take the 3 seconds you need to select the quest in the LFM! Yes, I know you can type out where you are going, but that quest listing is THE only way a person knows if they own the quest or not!
    Not to derail the thread, but if the party leader doesn't have the quest listed, you probably don't want to join anyways. I personally ALWAYS select the quest when posting an LFM. I honestly can't remember the last time I had someone ask "this F2P?".

Back on topic, /signed. No reason to NOT have a list of what you own

yuda
    Quote Originally Posted by KookieKobold View Post
    I guess pants can be optional

Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar

/signed

... with the additional thought that it might be a good idea to have embedded links for APs not yet owned, so that at a single click a "buy" screen would come up. After all, if people can't tell what they already own, then they quite likely have a hazy idea about what they do not yet own, which probably leads to lower sales.

This last point might make the marketing types even more eager to look after getting this into the game.

/signed.

Community Member

I'm premium with all quest packs, all classes, all races and all (shared)bank upgrades, so I most certainly understand where the OP is coming from. Took me bloomin' forever to get to this point and I remember well what it was like to try to figure out if I had access to quest x y or Z.

Most definitely /signed.

/signed.

I'm a subscriber who purchased MotU, and have access to everything, so you'd think I didn't have a horse in this race...

Has any of us actually been in a pug, or even a guild run, since "f2p" was introduced where nobody had to drop group becasue of lack of "ownership"? Such a list should cut down that occurrance drastically, provided people used it before clicking a LFM. Granted, if more leaders clicked the actual quest instead of worrying about "BYOH" and such...

Having a list available showing what is accessable and what is "owned" would be nice. As stated in the first sentance, I bought MutU... the collectors version. I bought that version primarily for the tomes and level 20 pets fot all my future Alts, but I also got the Action Packs that created such a stir among subscribers who already had access and premiums who might have already purchased the content.

I would welcome a list of what I will still have available if I am forced to give up my sub.
    Carpe D.M.! (Sieze the Dungeon Master!)
    Founder #2003 - Interocitor Repair - Call for discount prices

One workaround I've seen people doing is listing all the packs they have purchased in their bio... really it's a perfect place for such a thing since what else will you put there.
    Clashing (Healing Spellsinger Bard), Faerwynd (lvl 20 Caster Cleric), Cocus (lvl 20 Palemaster Wizard), Grougal (Wolf/Healing Druid)

Member of Captain's Crew - Ghallanda

Hall of Famer & Hero DoctorWhofan's Avatar

/signed.

excellent idea. THen they can go ahead andtell their friends over at LotRO to do the same. I am premium there and it's a headache trying to figure out what skirmishes/areas/special quests you have or not. Mostly Skirmishes. I suspect DDO is worst...much worst.
    +The Goddess of Tempest's Spine+Merc's Only, THELANIS: List is here: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...94#post2798094 LEGIONNAIRE /Salute to Rameses, He has RETURNED!

/signed

It would make life a lot easier for the newer folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Torc View Post
    I’m only nerfing you now so I can buff you later.

Quote Originally Posted by skryth View Post
    Well, you could always check which guest passes you can buy, since you can only buy guest passes for packs you've bought.

But yeah...

/signed
    This ^ works - It's what I've always done.

But /Signed for an in-game set-up too.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopid_cowboy View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but if the party leader doesn't have the quest listed, you probably don't want to join anyways.
    While this is a good indicator of a lazy group leader, there's just not enough groups up to be that picky about it these days.

While I'd love to snub the people who couldn't be bothered to select "Dirty Laundry" instead of writing "Sharn, Pt 2" in the comments, often these are the only LFM's up for a given level.

People can even share the quest and you can accept it and get all the way to the door before having a "buy now" slammed in your little lowbie face.

I've been playing long enough to know how to figure it out by reverse engineering the store options, but that is simply ridiculous. I can't even begin to imagine how incredibly frustrating it is for newbs who aren't even sure what pack the quest they want to do is in.

Devs, you put a lot of effort into this new "public grouping" system and "I don't want to be the leader" options. A P2P/ownership listing seems to be a small but vital addition that would encourage people to remember what they need to purchase when they have the points bought/earned as well as reducing stress about learning the game and joining groups.

The Sovereign Host approves. All nine of the good ones and five out of six of the dark ones. The Traveler prefers the confusion of the current setup. Kol Korran in particular has chosen this as an issue to champion. Don't disappoint Kol.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

+1, brilliant idea.

and Merry Christmas
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are not working with the aliens to send messages that are picked up by your microwaved meatloaf dinner. At least I don't think so...
    Proud member of Tyrs Paladium

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast