Default Lack of House C LFMs?

About a month ago, I started working on my very first alchemical weapon. (Triple Earth Heavy Repeater for my Artificer) and it has been a HUGE hassle to get an LoB or MA started. I very rarely see LFMs up for either raid up, and when I get brave enough to post my own, they take ages to fill.

Is there a reason for this? Has everybody already created all the alchemicals they need? Are Alchemicals not great weapons anymore?

Luckily I'm only about 2 runs away from completing the final tier on my xbow, and even at tier 2, it's an amazing weapon. Maybe I'm missing something...

Community Member

The fact is grinding out such gear just is not worth the time vs reward investment anymore. Not to mention once people get18+ they are off to the realms and rarely want to look back on lame ass eberron.

I for example almost exclusively at 20+ on my arty just use an AH bought slavers hand and a house C epic colomal repeater for my repeater needs, lightly broken up with a beauty of a nightmare heavy repeater of lacerating I got off the AH for like 3k lol, apparently elf/drow RR is still making some instantly assume junk believing no end game build would be the so called gimp race.

But yes I dont personally know anyone who really cares about house C since the xp nerf to the challenges, the actual missions and raid there I rarely hear anyone give mention of when discussing things.

I keep thinking that someday I want to finish my Toven's, but yeah, it doesn't seem to come up much. I'm going to guess lack of interest in alchemical and pita raids.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinusWyllt View Post
    I keep thinking that someday I want to finish my Toven's, but yeah, it doesn't seem to come up much. I'm going to guess lack of interest in alchemical and pita raids.
    Indeed no finer evidence that RAIDING is a dieing hold over from the WoWera of MMO. More people gaming these days even the hard cores of yesteryear like myself, have grown into adults with far less time and thus the time sink aspect of an MMO becomes an ever increasingly unpalatable thing to swallow. We want to play, we want to progress, but we need it to be able to be done within completely unpredictable and easily cut short intervals. The more money then time adults who are the ones actually able to support the game vs the kids begging for points or the tight fisted no lifer living off SSDI in their moms basement who thinks their devotion to grinding is some holy calling situation only leads to social conflict in games, and thus more and more the company is forced to take action to drive the negative portion of the population off for the sake of the ones who have the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Karavek View Post
    The fact is grinding out such gear just is not worth the time vs reward investment anymore. Not to mention once people get18+ they are off to the realms and rarely want to look back on lame ass eberron.

I for example almost exclusively at 20+ on my arty just use an AH bought slavers hand and a house C epic colomal repeater for my repeater needs, lightly broken up with a beauty of a nightmare heavy repeater of lacerating I got off the AH for like 3k lol, apparently elf/drow RR is still making some instantly assume junk believing no end game build would be the so called gimp race.

But yes I dont personally know anyone who really cares about house C since the xp nerf to the challenges, the actual missions and raid there I rarely hear anyone give mention of when discussing things.

The reward is SO worth it, though. At least for my artificer. I keep looking at the stats on it, and I haven't seen a single repeater come close to compairing to it. Even a fully upgraded Needle from CitW seems gimp compared to what I have, and it's only tier 2. (Granted, I have ranged alacrity crafted onto my toven's, making the alacrity 20% on needle a little lackluster for me...unless they stack, but I don't think they do).

But I digress.... The point is, everytime I ask my guildies to help me run it, they keep saying "Why? The weapons are ****!"

Am I missing something? Haha. They certainly don't seem **** to me.

Community Member

The ranged alacrity doesnt stack with haste, so not quite as useful as the other characteristics on needle.

Few key differences though.

+ for needle:
    1) 0.5 higher base damage.
    2) x3 crit multiplier (on a 17-20 weapon with rapid firing this is huge).
    3) part of a trinket set that gives it quite a bit more *pop* (+12 tohit/dam, 15prr being one of the opts).

+ for alchemical:
    1)25 more HP from tier 2 +2 alchemical con
    2) stone prison/eartrhgrab CC
    3) ability to be caster focused on tier 2 and 3.
    A) Superior lighting lore/superior lacerating + elec clickies tier 2.
    B) Arcane aug, efficient max 2, greater evo focus tier 3 fire.

So needle will be doing QUITE a bit more raw ranged DPS, but an alchemical crafted with mostly caster orientation IMO would lead to a more effective EE arti unless they ran out of SP..then bring out the needle
    Reckter: 28 heroic, 3 iconic and 19 eic PLs, now a 17 art/3rog shadar-kai. Anhilliation: 3x wiz/sorc PLs, 13 epic PLs now a dwarf 17barb/3bard. . Vikzor: 2xfvs + 4x epic PL horc 19fvs 1 fighter. Rekter: 3x rog & 1 fighter + 4 epic PLs, h-orc 13 rogue 6 monk 1 druid. Veisha: 3x bard + 4 epic PLs, PDK 16 bard 4 fighter.

I actually believe there are 2 reasons why House C quests are not run as often.

1 - The XP for the level of the quests, same problem Amerath has
    2 - Its not that the weapons are meh, its that it is easier to acquire random loot that is nearly as good

Now the sad part is that these are also Epic Raids and I agree their rewards are pretty nice, but some people just might not enjoy fighting hard to crit mobs.