Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default I cant believe i griped about 80 bucks...

Ok, ive been keeping a close eye on DDO's upcoming competition,when motu came out i just had to have the panther pet so i bought the big pack(the rest i could care less about).I like having the "special" purchase packs.I also did this in lotro very long ago(still waiting for my cd's turbine its only been oh several years.....).Both i thought were a lil bit pricey at the time until i saw neverwinters top pack.

200 bucks /choke even worse they say its worth over 500 bucks which is just plain nonsense.

What do you guys think?I for one refuse to even give it another thought after seeing that load'o'bull'

In the end, you are paying for the early access which allows you to tell everyone they are a noob and that you are better than them on the first day the game is released to the general public.

Just read the $200 pack more thoroughly.
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/founderspack/hero
    Knowing how games tend to power creep and how the first most expensive pets are usually quickly outshone by later ones, I would say this pack is complete ****.
    And the bit that worries me is that the pack comes w/ 750K Astral Diamonds. From day 1 they are selling in game money for real money.

Quote Originally Posted by zobo View Post
    In the end, you are paying for the early access which allows you to tell everyone they are a noob and that you are better than them on the first day the game is released to the general public.
    omg.. this.. classic!

Makes me want to play NW even less now.

Well, the game (Neverwinter) looks like a crappy console game. I understand people always hope their favorite setting turns out to be a good game, but the videos are really really bad.

I mean come on....a "Control Wizard" class? Seriously? At least in DDO you can design your wizard to do whatever you would like.

My prediction: Neverwinter will turn out to be a pile of garbage. With MoTU we already knew what the game was and how it played. Paying 200 bucks for something you havent really seen (except those horrible videos) is a big gamble.
    Member and owner of "The Mad Midgets" of Khyber.
    Characters; Skrangle, Eileenia, Thyrantraxus, Clonkstar, Eilert, Nidvisa, Sellyse, Lobotobias, Crimsoneye, Whimpsy, Meeep, Maszter, Andromansis etc

Ya i checked out the whole pack,and im still laughing at how companies assign estimated value to virtual goods.Most seems like a direct bite off of our motu collectors edition.

Ive been playing mmo's since UO was released(yes im old).I suspect it will flop big time.Nice graphics are a dime a dozen these days but the "meat" of a game you know tradeskills alternate things to do etc have always attracted me much more.From what ive seen shine is all it has going for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    I mean come on....a "Control Wizard" class? Seriously? At least in DDO you can design your wizard to do whatever you would like.
    Welcome to 4th edition.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    Toy Soldiers

A mask and a panther pet. I already have those. Special drow. I'm positive my drow are special.

I'm jealous of not having a spider mount in DDO.

Neverwinter can bit my shiny metal WF ass over $199.99 collectors edition. At least they have guts to post something like that.

I haven't seen the draw to it so far and I'll give it a chance when it does open to the public but I suspect my first impressions will be accurate and I won't be inclined to invest time into playing it.

Edit: just noticed the robe of useless items. Sounds like my backpack. DDO hoarder in action
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbine
    a powerful ally able to play in any role that the group needs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zonbLF-NMZg

I would like to remind you all, no one needs to pay this to access the game.

Unlike MoTUD which you had to purchase to get access to (even if you were a ViP) Neverwinter will still be a free to play game, thus if you don't feel good about the price you don't have to pay it, and you will still be free to enjoy it when it goes live.

If someone else wants to shell out that kind of cash for Hidden Beta and some pets and what have you, it is their money and their choice.

I wouldn't, but then again, I have seen a lot of people do a lot of things I wound't do.

Community Member

Early on nw looked promising, potentially even presenting a contender to DDO. Over time this has changed. It seems they are sticking far too close to the 4.0 rule set and all the WoWness it tried to bring to D&D. I anticipate that on full release, we see a temporary drop off in DDO population while people go check how green the grass is, then a resurgence for us as they find it was greener back here.
    If we were still being stuck in walls or having important mobs do the same, falling to our deaths while walking forward or suffering from other such horrendously annoying maladies DDO might've had cause for concern. While I'm sure a D&D skinned WoW will have it's audience, I doubt much of it will come from among our ranks
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    "All characters have multiple abilities when it comes to fighting that benefits the parties ability to complete a quest, how many are YOU using?"

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeEyedBob View Post
    Well, the game (Neverwinter) looks like a crappy console game. I understand people always hope their favorite setting turns out to be a good game, but the videos are really really bad.
    Diablo 3

That is all...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post

Unlike MoTUD which you had to purchase to get access to (even if you were a ViP) Neverwinter will still be a free to play game, thus if you don't feel good about the price you don't have to pay it, and you will still be free to enjoy it when it goes live.

If someone else wants to shell out that kind of cash for Hidden Beta and some pets and what have you, it is their money and their choice.

I wouldn't, but then again, I have seen a lot of people do a lot of things I wound't do.
    That pretty much sums up my idea of it. I had to buy MotU to play that content. I don't have to drop 200 dollars to play NW.
    Sarkiki - Orexis - Pallikaria - Epithymia - Musouka - Empnefsi | Cannith Server

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

$200 is how much a lifetime account used to cost over at Cryptic. Under PW I dobut they'll have that again.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ungood View Post

^ This.

It's purely optional. A lot of people are buying to help support the game. For me, I think it's a rip-off and have no intention of buying it, not even the $20 basic founders pack. But I see no reason to complain or gripe about it since it's purely optional.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Musouka View Post
    That pretty much sums up my idea of it. I had to buy MotU to play that content. I don't have to drop 200 dollars to play NW.
    Honestly you cannot say what content you will have access to as f2p. They have yet to release the game and beta testing is not a good indicator of what will be available for no money spent and spending a few bucks or even $200 bucks.

You did not have to shell out $80 to play or access DDO either. Those that were f2p could still play and access the game just as they always could before MoTu

My point being have you ever heard of ANY game's collectors edition even ones that come with cloth maps,figurines,posters,cd's,etc for 200 bucks?

No of course you dont need all that but you tack that kinda number for virtual goods only is...just..plain...silly.

But then again i work for my money its not handed to me.If i cant go all the way i dont go.

Community Member

whats the deal with a panther pet and a drow mask? VIP logon priority, astral diamonds, ect..... kinda weird how similiar this seems to ddo. (not talking about gameplay)

The only thing I read from the pack is

you too can be Drizzt or Drizzzt or Drizzzztt or Ddrizzztt or xxDrizztxx

Community Member

Hmmm... I just realized how this NW pack could be a major plus for us here in DDO land. It seems clealy targeted to the "I wanna be Drizzt" crowd. If that's an indicator of the games target audience, it might not be soooo bad if they draw a few of them away from us. Not enough to impact turbines coffers mind you, just enough to clean up the player base a bit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoach View Post
    "All characters have multiple abilities when it comes to fighting that benefits the parties ability to complete a quest, how many are YOU using?"

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast