I pre-ordered DDO when it first came out years ago, and played with a large community of friends for a couple of years. We left for many reason, but last month I came back to see what was new with the game. I instantly fell back in love, dropping all other MMOs I was playing and jumping back in with DDO. I purchased a VIP membership and about $50 worth of Turbine Points.

I recently (within the last 2 weeks) bought the “Menace of the Underdark” expansion for an additional $50. I am pleased with my purchase and enjoy the game. I saw today that “Menace of the Underdark” is on sale for $25. I thought that maybe as I recently purchased this I might be up for some kind of discount or reimbursement. I know that most retail stores will do this for customers especially when the purchase was so recent.

I called customer support and was laughed at when I asked. I was told by the woman whom I was speaking with that there was nothing they could or would do for me. The price is what it is. I wasn’t asking for cash back. I would gladly have taken $25 worth of Turbine Points. Instead I was made to further feel like a fool.

I have been getting former players to come back with me on Free-to-Play and actively advocating for them to do as I have done and pay for VIP and buy points/expansions. I don’t know if I should continue this now. This might be the incident that once again turns me off of DDO and Turbine in general. I love the game but the company’s customer service has soured me.