Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Whats premium for?

So i payed for a turbine premium account but what did i get for it...nothing it seems. I still have to buy the drow in the shop or get the reputation in game for it (for example) and VIP stuff is still denied for me. So for what did i pay the premium upgrade for? For the waste of my money?

If you go ViP you get almost the whole game, but when your sub runs out you go back to being f2p.

Premium means you have spent money on the game. As a bonus, it unlocks more spaces on the auction house, I think it extends the time you have before getting auto logged out for inactivity. Maybe a few other little things.
    If you are premium and you bought drow, or buy an adventure pack, you always have it, until the game closes for good.

If you 'upgraded to premium' by buying something other than drow from the ddo store, don't be suprised that you don't have drow.

Welll, if you open the char creator, many things there like favored sould or druid are called "premium features" so is it really so weird to expect them enabled after doing a premium upgrade?

I rather feel like i payed for something promised wich i never got in the end..

So i rather should have spend the money for premium into shop points. This is all very unclear.

Shop, premium and VIP...

Perks for having a Premium account are:

+2 Character slots. You can make 4 characters instead of just the 2 F2P accounts can make.
    No character-level bank limit on Plat. (Max account size still applies)
    Expanded limitation on AH listings (F2P get 1)
    Monster Manual Volume 1

"Premium" just means you've paid Turbine actual money, whether that's in the form of a VIP subscription, or a TP purchase.

The VIP subscription is a monthly rental for majority access to the game's content.
    All other Store purchases are 'al a carte' pay just for the specific item you want. Once it's paid for... it's paid for! no recurring monthly charges.
    Last edited by Systern; 12-20-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Community Member

premium status is permanent, even if you never spend any more money on the game you will still stay premium

the benefits are as follows

4 free character slots (up from 2)
    normal gold limit (free accounts are limits by level, standard 4 mill cap will still apply, its a database limit)
    normal auction house limits
    normal chat/mail limits (not sure if there are any to be honest, but free players have limits)

drow is not a massive bonus. there are many classes that work brilliantly with standard 28 point builds. mostly focused classes like simple casters and melee's. drow can be handy so some more diverse classes but its not that impressive. hitting 400 favour to unlock the drow is far better than spending real money on it as you will probably feel ripped off if you do

also note you gain VIP access to support for 45 days after spending money
    www.legendsguild.eu A light RP guild that's moved from Keeper in Europe to Thelanis
    Play DDO in 3D, for fweeeee! how to use coloured 3D glasses with DDO.
    East? West? Which way's that? Putting East and West back on the (mini)map
    Tired of chasing blue dots? Find a speed or striding item, vets are hooked on them and you will be too!

You go premium so that you can have access to more content than free to play, but without being ripped off like VIP.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

All right so if premium stays permanent i dont mind to pay that little bit for it

But is there any VIP content wich i cant obtain from the shop? Because i am not that rich i prefere to pay one time only instead of paying repeatly for something, untill i have to.

Can i get everything in the game unlocked without getting VIP ever, simply by buying it in the DDO shop?

Thanks for the many replys btw

Perks that are unique to VIP are:

+6 Character Slots (you can buy individual slots in the store. F2P get 2, Premium 4, VIP 10 total before purchasing additional slots)
    Difficulty Opener (VIPs can open any difficulty, others can only open the next hardest difficulty they've run, or the difficulty or which TR life they're on. (1st life Normal, 2nd life hard, 3rd life+ Elite)
    +10% Run speed in town.

Everything else can be bought in the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralladan View Post
    All right so if premium stays permanent i dont mind to pay that little bit for it

But is there any VIP content wich i cant obtain from the shop? Because i am not that rich i prefere to pay one time only instead of paying repeatly for something, untill i have to.

Can i get everything in the game unlocked without getting VIP ever, simply by buying it in the DDO shop?

One thing you don't get with Premium is the dungeon difficulty unlock straight to elite. The only way to do that is through True Rezzing (X1 for hard X2 for elite) and then only on that character.

Also, some things you unlock through favor instead of the store are per server such as drow and 32 point builds.

Even VIPs have to pay for some content. But yes you can pretty much get everything out of the store. Just looks for sales on what you want so your TPs go further.

Edit: partially ninjaed.

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

VIP's have to earn or buy drow as well the same thing for artificers and favored souls you got exactly what you paid for extra slots(2) no plat limit(well the same as a VIP) it's not bad and you probably got it pretty cheap

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    You go premium so that you can have access to more content than free to play, but without being ripped off like VIP.
    Been VIP for 7 years and I in no way feel ripped off!

Beware the Sleepeater

Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Can't get hard/elite first time opening on a new character but can earn each by TRing once for hard and again for elite but that would be for that character you can buy one time openings but it isn't worth it.

I prefer VIP myself but I pay a little over 8 bucks a month cheapest entertainment I can find I like my perks little as they are but others prefer premium and that's cool the more money the more people spend the better it is for the game.

Beware the Sleepeater

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Really? Please show me what Premium gets that f2p doesn't get. All they gain is 2 character slots 50 AH spots and 4 million plat cap. Were f2p gets 2 character slots 1 AH and the plat cap. I see no other quest content at all. Unless you see some thing I have never seen. Thank You

Uber Completionist

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Freddy View Post
    Really? Please show me what Premium gets that f2p doesn't get. All they gain is 2 character slots 50 AH spots and 4 million plat cap. Were f2p gets 2 character slots 1 AH and the plat cap. I see no other quest content at all. Unless you see some thing I have never seen. Thank You

Well. If the minimum is spent then you are correct.

If lots of money is spent then potentially everything that is purchaseable from the store.

But seeing as he didnt specifically say, I believe it is reasonable to assume he meant Premium gives access to more than F2P (dependent on the amount spent) which seemed pretty obvious to me

Community Member EnjoyTheJourney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-Freddy View Post
    The perks of becoming premium aren't the real point of being premium.

The real purpose of being premium, as opposed to VIP or F2P, is that your point purchases allow you to buy what you value, for future enjoyment. Also, you don't buy what you don't value, which is a key point of differentiation between premium and VIP.

In the end, as a premium player you get more ways to enjoy the game than a F2P and you pay less than a VIP, while doing that.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan220 View Post
    Well. If the minimum is spent then you are correct.

If lots of money is spent then potentially everything that is purchaseable from the store.

But seeing as he didnt specifically say, I believe it is reasonable to assume he meant Premium gives access to more than F2P (dependent on the amount spent) which seemed pretty obvious to me
    Point is the statement is vague. And as stated very much not true. Now if I wanted some others to answer for him I would ask. Nice of you all to assume for him. I am vip so I have every thing I want or need but ti give misleading info is not called for here.
    Thank You all just so much.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyTheJourney View Post
    The perks of becoming premium aren't the real point of being premium.

The real purpose of being premium, as opposed to VIP or F2P, is that your point purchases allow you to buy what you value, for future enjoyment. Also, you don't buy what you don't value, which is a key point of differentiation between premium and VIP.

In the end, as a premium player you get more ways to enjoy the game than a F2P and you pay less than a VIP, while doing that.
    Yes this is why we see so many LFM's Need opener. LoL rather sponge then pay like vip. Great logic that is a major fail every time I see some post how much some one saves not being vip.

Back onto topic, recently they had a sale on MOTU http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58733100

The sale had it for 75% off, a fair number of packs and perks. The catch is it is the DDO Market is not the DDO store so you have to pay real money not TP for it. If it goes back on sale you might want to consider it depending on you cash flow. It would be cheaper in the long run.

Also take a look at http://ddowiki.com/page/Favor at the bottom of the page for what you can earn with favor. If you notice some perks require packs to unlock rewards.

As you play the game, you will decide what you are willing to spend. It's all about having fun. Good hunting.

And in my IMHO, you did not waste your money on going Premium over F2P, having the extra two slots to try characters out is nice (I am Premium and have either earned or bought six) in order to try different things out.

If you have questions or need advice there many on the forums that can help.

I hope you find good friends and the server you are on. I have played on most of them and there are good ones on all of them.

Hm wished the quests in the adventure compendium would be signed as premium stuff if you arent VIP and didnt purchased them yet.

Its sucks if you spended 20 minutes to search for the questgiver only to find out he is located at a place you have no access to...

Brings me to the point to never search for unknown questgivers at all and stick to those i know i can reach.

Community Member

Hm wished the quests in the adventure compendium would be signed as premium stuff if you arent VIP and didnt purchased them yet.

Its sucks if you spended 20 minutes to search for the questgiver only to find out he is located at a place you have no access to...

Brings me to the point to never search for unknown questgivers at all and stick to those i know i can reach.
    This may help you some. It lists free quests
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Guide_to_Free_to_Play

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast