Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

I will stock the AH tonight!

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Talking

sweet! thank you!
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Server wipe?

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    Server wipe?
    Nope™
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Server wipe?
    ^^^ This ^^^

Each time I see this thread title in the Lama tracker I get my hopes up that this server is going back to its stated purpose. And each time I am disappointed to see that it is still being used as a home server where you don't actually have to buy the content.

My character on Lam is more powerful than live but I will not run it because it does not reflect what I would experience on live.

The only purpose of this server right now is to identify posters who make my skin crawl when they post. I've put them on my ignore list.

I will test when Lam is a test server again.

Exclamation

guys if they loose more testers then soon we wont have this server to test and play on, this is a privaladge to be able to play on this server so stay and hope for the best to come!

Community Member lucreciacrescent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    ^^^ This ^^^

Each time I see this thread title in the Lama tracker I get my hopes up that this server is going back to its stated purpose. And each time I am disappointed to see that it is still being used as a home server where you don't actually have to buy the content.

My character on Lam is more powerful than live but I will not run it because it does not reflect what I would experience on live.

The only purpose of this server right now is to identify posters who make my skin crawl when they post. I've put them on my ignore list.

hopefully it becomes a test server when the wipe happens

^^^ This ^^^

This.

Fortnightly or monthly wipes are needed on Lama, otherwise the server achieves nothing.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by lucreciacrescent View Post
    hopefully it becomes a test server when the wipe happens
    One can hope. Till then, unless there's an explicit feedback request, not a lot of point to volunteering further, since they seem to be perfectly happy getting their reviews from folks that don't pay them.

Default Adding my agreement

server wipe?
    yes
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix-dabard View Post
    ^^^ this ^^^

each time i see this thread title in the lama tracker i get my hopes up that this server is going back to its stated purpose. And each time i am disappointed to see that it is still being used as a home server where you don't actually have to buy the content.

My character on lam is more powerful than live but i will not run it because it does not reflect what i would experience on live.

I will test when lam is a test server again.
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    this.

Fortnightly or monthly wipes are needed on lama, otherwise the server achieves nothing.
    very much yes

Quote Originally Posted by scraap View Post
    one can hope. Till then, unless there's an explicit feedback request, not a lot of point to volunteering further, since they seem to be perfectly happy getting their reviews from folks that don't pay them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Thanks to a bug in the forum software I actually saw this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttkierownsmade View Post
    guys if they loose more testers then soon we wont have this server to test and play on, this is a privaladge to be able to play on this server so stay and hope for the best to come!
    You have it backwards. It is a privilege for the company to have people test their product. Right now the server is basically idling with no purpose or call to action. Without either any time spent on the server is a waste and better spent on live.

Also I like the idea of regularly scheduled wipes. If someone can't get their character over to the test server then when something specific needs to be tested just put stones tuned to the required level for testing in the lam store and no leveling events will be needed.

Red face

You have it backwards. It is a privilege for the company to have people test their product. Right now the server is basically idling with no purpose or call to action. Without either any time spent on the server is a waste and better spent on live.

Also I like the idea of regularly scheduled wipes. If someone can't get their character over to the test server then when something specific needs to be tested just put stones tuned to the required level for testing in the lam store and no leveling events will be needed.
    ... They do need high lvl and good items and weapons tho... for the failed copies
    And what? do you have me ignored or something?
    Last edited by Buttkierownsmade; 01-04-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Community Member lucreciacrescent's Avatar

i don't actually agree with the regular scheduled wipes :P the character wipe right now is just being requested due to the failing character copy tool issue and some other bugs, i hope the devs can just wipe the server clean until the character copy tool issue has been resolved

Personally I have not been on Lam since the preview for MotU, because of the fact they will not wipe the server.

Turbine has yet, to my knowledge, explained why they will not do a wipe, either they are worried that the copy tool is so bugged that no one will be able to get back on or they like having just a few people testing there as to not overload the server.

Either way it shows a lack of understanding of their own stated use for the Lam server, as one person put it, it is just a place some can play all content before anyone else and not only not pay for it but get free points to make it even easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    I just don't think it's right to make fun of DDO's NPCs. Infractions for everyone!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234