Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markthornberg View Post
    that it sucks when people have fun in premature ways
    Do you mean immature?
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

  2. #22
    The Hatchery MRMechMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shenzhen, China
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nni View Post
    Do you mean immature?
    Don't question him! Let the man talk!

  3. #23
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216

    Default

    So, did the Shroud successfully complete?
    Ceruleus ~ Nnomad ~ Nnia ~ Nnurgh ~ Cynnical
    Cannith

  4. #24
    The Hatchery Dielzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markthornberg View Post
    that it sucks when people have fun in premature ways
    I disagree. When I have fun in a premature way, it only is bad for the other person...I'm good.

  5. #25
    Hatchery Hero BOgre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Middlonowhere, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    markthornberg: I consider myself to be not too stupid. Avid reader, well educated, very well travelled, open mind, blah blah blah. I've read your title at least a dozen times and your OP exactly 3 times. I've read your replies once each. I can not understand a word you are saying. I'm even trying to account for spelling mistakes, typos, missing prepositions/pronouns/conjunctions/etc.... and I'm still not getting it. Well, beyond the obvious "I encountered some people I didn't like". Past that ... ???

    What does "The Last Called Jerk" mean? What is "When extre..." supposed to communicate? What tirelessly repetitive event are you referring to?

    Honestly I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. Not judging you by your sloppy writing. Or maybe you think you're being cerebral and talking over our heads? Anyways, I'd like to try to see your side of this story, but you've made it really hard. Could you explain this to me as though we both speak English?
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

  6. #26
    Community Member DARKgp3KNIGHT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9

    Talking

    hmmmmmm...just don't let them affect you bro...were here to unwind from real life remember...still i always believe there's goodness in every one of us..just show kindness to these lost souls..help them...

  7. #27
    Community Member FengXian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markthornberg View Post
    The healers, both from a very prominent guild, decided not to heal the raid because they wanted to have fun. And oh joy how fun it was. To spice things off, they both, from the same guild, had a language that, to say the least, displayed their highly trained skills in conflict resolution. When someone finally grew tired of listening to it and spoke up about it, one of the players delivered the full package of antisocial behavior starting from A going all the way to Z.
    It's impossible to decide basing solely on this. Did you complete the run? Did no one ever get heals or was it just the people running away from group or other kinds of "bads"?

    From my experience, while "elitists" can appear to be jerks sometimes, they will always try to complete the run in the most efficient way possible. Especially if it's something trivial like Shroud on Hard.

    Bad mouthing people is another story. I have no respect to the ones who can't keep their cool in a game; also the fact that you're not in the same room with the person you're insulting kinda makes you look like a coward. BUT. For such things evidence is needed. Who started? Why? Etc...

    Not enough information OP, so I'm afraid this whole thing is just a waste of time...but we knew that already didn't we?
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

  8. #28
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    182

    Default

    LESS IS MORE

    The sad thing is that the OP and Dribble both probably think that they are good writers. OMG go back to school and lay of the weed.

  9. #29
    The Hatchery bigolbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,804

    Default What do you get if you cross a troll and a brass dragon?

    What do you get if you cross a troll and a brass dragon?

    The OP.. maybe, its hard to tell.

    Op your use of language is interesting to say the least, I managed to follow it but it wasnt easy. Now Im an inteligent chap, well educated - although my expertise is engineering, language is a hoby of mine.

    I can only assume you are styling your post in some form of poetry -as such I think I shall respond thusly.

    A troll in the shroud,
    demands voices aloud,
    Angered preists are freinds,
    a means to an end,

    Thus drama ensued,
    For some one was rude,
    To a man they did perish,
    no scales to cheirsh,

    The mighty are guilded,
    The peasants are gelded,
    A hero Arises,
    Demands compromises,

    To the forums he comes,
    To mix with the bums,
    Seeking wisdom so sage,
    But text fills the page,

    Few can unravel,
    The wall of text puzzel,
    and mystery of song,
    Dude - Lay off the Bong.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

  10. #30
    Community Member FengXian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,002

    Default

    I tried not to +1 you, bigolbear, but I couldn't XD
    Cannith - Juzam, Water Savant II Ranger 6 Monk 2 AA/ Orocarn, Stalwart Defender III Monk 2 / Taigongwanng, Sorc TRing - Guardiani di Eberron

  11. #31
    Community Member Vellrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)
    Posts
    6,714

    Default

    Tl;dr?

  12. #32
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeichen-thest View Post
    LESS IS MORE

    The sad thing is that the OP and Dribble both probably think that they are good writers. OMG go back to school and lay of the weed.
    Well, at least I nailed one ADHD kid with my retro schtick.
    Last edited by Dribble; 12-19-2012 at 09:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubethulu
    Dear Delt,

    No reach around references.

  13. #33
    Community Member TheWalruss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    254

    Default

    premature [ˌprɛməˈtjʊə ˈprɛməˌtjʊə]
    adj
    1. occurring or existing before the normal or expected time
    2. impulsive or hasty <-- this one

    Ive read my post several times and most of the replies. For those who want it to make sense Im sure it does make sense. For those whom it doesn't make sense, well, some people can't be helped/arsed/bothered and that's ok.

    Grammar and typos *shrug* if doesnt have to be handed in.

    Seems most people agree with what I cant reconcile with, that some people can only have fun if they denigrate someone at the same time, so Ill leave ya to it. Just hate it every time I get surprised. Thought I had all the angry kids on my list =<

    And for all that I said about being educated, thats perhaps the main thing. I guess I could have used the word civil, friendly or able to take the other's point of view instead. I guess educated has some bad connotations somewhere. To me it simply means the ability not to be impulsive in negative ways.

    And the answering machine was a metaphor for the people who almost mechanically pop up and say QQ and related stuff every time someone tries to make a point.

    And... zzzzZZZZzzzzZZ repetitions now....

    thanks for reading and cya around

  14. #34
    Community Member Vint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Funny you should say this. Was running a Shroud (pt 2) and we were prepping them at the barrier and this one guy kept swinging and killing without the others even being at the barrier. EDIT: No ears

    Why should I care if this guy (or anyone) is griefed, if they have no problem griefing me?
    Last edited by Vint; 12-19-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

    LEGION

  15. #35

  16. #36
    Community Member TheWalruss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    254

    Default

    Vint, this is not about griefing. Its about

    1) 5 minutes where I ran back and forth in The Shroud after it completed because I had to clear bag space and loot the chests I missed because we died a lot. Its not that I cant handle it if someone tells me in a harsh way that I suck. Its about

    2) the things that the person said to me during those 5 minutes. He didn't leave the group he just kept hanging there talking dirt. I cant explain to you what he said because the words are not allowed, but he was shouting, making voices, at some points even mock-crying, telling me my guild was **** and his was better and therefore I couldn't say anything to him and other kinds of really weird behavior. Why he wanted to stay in the group and just do that was a mystery to me, and I actually got really upset, especially since his guild backed him up by doing troll case step 4. So its also about

    3) people supporting that kind of behavior in the game (and on the forums).

    I hope this clarifies it. If not, well, then it doesnt.

    Alright that's the last of me. Im getting tired of repeating myself now.

    Thank you for your questions and answers.

    Merry Christmas to you all and cya.

  17. #37
    Community Member Vint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    3,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markthornberg View Post
    Merry Christmas to you all and cya.
    The same to you.

    We are on different parts of the spectrum, but normally when I run into someone so inflammatory, I just /squelch and move on. I am not condoning what this guy did by any means, but when you come to the forums you will see it is just as "hostile" as in game.
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

    LEGION

  18. #38
    Community Member Seventoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    95

    Default

    I quite liked the OP. I'm not being sarcastic. You gotta admire the ambition! Plus I think it went so far into the realm of the incomprehensible that it came out the other side, into a land of poetry.

    My advice, though: don't take it so seriously. If someone is getting under your skin, then /squelch them. Let them waste their breath.
    Sadcat // Funn // Algorithm // others
    The Order of Cygnus - Sarlona

  19. #39
    The Hatchery bigolbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markthornberg View Post
    Vint, this is not about griefing. Its about

    1) 5 minutes where I ran back and forth in The Shroud after it completed because I had to clear bag space and loot the chests I missed because we died a lot. Its not that I cant handle it if someone tells me in a harsh way that I suck. Its about

    2) the things that the person said to me during those 5 minutes. He didn't leave the group he just kept hanging there talking dirt. I cant explain to you what he said because the words are not allowed, but he was shouting, making voices, at some points even mock-crying, telling me my guild was **** and his was better and therefore I couldn't say anything to him and other kinds of really weird behavior. Why he wanted to stay in the group and just do that was a mystery to me, and I actually got really upset, especially since his guild backed him up by doing troll case step 4. So its also about

    3) people supporting that kind of behavior in the game (and on the forums).

    I hope this clarifies it. If not, well, then it doesnt.

    Alright that's the last of me. Im getting tired of repeating myself now.

    Thank you for your questions and answers.

    Merry Christmas to you all and cya.
    Awwww I liked the semi incoherant poetry.

    Im sory you got hurt by nasty shouty people, That being said if an entire GUILD was being rude to you have you considered maybe it was you doing something wrong?

    As a general rule:
    1 person being a jerk - their fault.
    every one being a jerk - your fault.

    Most raid leaders expect people to be able to hear voice chat(or inform you cant), folow instructions(which may differ from how your guild does things) and generaly do as they are told within reason for the good of the team.

    I lead raids often, and if you cant abide by the above then you can bet your bottom platinum im going to shout at you.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

  20. #40
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    803

    Talking

    LoL I wasn't at this Shroud but I did get to listen to the fun stuff at the end. First off OP want's to play the victim card when actually he's just having a temper tantrum and want's everyone to know it. So apparently your the low HP rogue that **regardless** of heals kept dieing.

    Healing Rule #1 Don't let the weakest link of a party determine the rate of your healing.

    If you allow this to happen your doing a disservice to your party and to yourself by over spamming heals trying to keep the squishys up, and running out of mana for the ones actually contributing to the completion.

    Both the healers were blown away as you started loosing your $#i1 at the end as they were going so far as to send your toon single heals (why I have no idea I wouldn't have) but if you keep getting 1 shotted in Shroud there's not much to be done about that. At some point even the most laid back healer is going to simply let you stay dead as your excessive death penalty's were adding up quickly. I remember them saying to each other during the end fight "just leave him down" but there was apparently other raise capable toons in party, and even with less and less HP you were more then happy to accept the raise and auto die over and over. Each death fueling your impotent rage.

    Blaming the healers for a terrible performance on your part is a classic noobie defense.

    I guess it was either blame them or the lag,... but certainly not yourself. You did really good -.-

    You started blaming, pointing fingers and accusing them of all sorts of things and your average person, with any self respect at least, isn't going to sit there and take it, and eventually they let you know exactly what they thought about you. Seams reasonable to me.
    Last edited by jandhaer; 12-19-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload