Community Member

Default Make epic elite caster mobs use flesh to stone instead of death spells.

Title says it all. Epic elite caster mobs shouldn't be running spells into my deathblock items.

Changing the hold spells to something more useful would be nice too.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

/Signed
    Great Idea
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Default sigh

Another caster hater thread! Im on to u mister.

I think the casters in this game should really use more heightened (And maximized, empowered, enlarged, exc.) versions of low-level spells. Grease, curse, contagon, poison, solid fog, blindness, ghoul touch, sleet storm, halt undead vs. palemasters, slow, wall of fire, suggestion spells that hold the person in place, insanity spells that make you lose control of your character and attack in all directions, fear, negative energy burst, nercrotic ray, circle of death, trap the soul, polar ray, soundburst, greater command, there's so many great spells that monsters can use against players that should be used. The same could go for hirelings, it would be nice if they can use more than 4 spell slots or abilities, but we're talking enemy NPC's here.

Just an AI improvement overall would be grand.

(WF are immune to this so it doesn't really effect my characters )

Quote Originally Posted by knightgf View Post
    trap the soul,
    Given mobs lack of sp restrictions, cooldowns, the fact that deathblock/ward wouldn't protect against it, you can't raise someone after it (maybe true ressurection or miracle/wish, I forget), it's a will save (ok, weak excuse), etc

not sure how this one would be quite fair to use...EEs should be tough, but that just seems a bit much unless it was implemented quite differently than in pnp. Seeing "Soul gem: Thirt" or something on the ground would be hilarious, though.

/signed.

Elite Stealer of Souls Sor'jek is an absolute beast because he has this spell. Likewise LOB Quori on any epic difficulty (and I suspect Heroic Elite but not sure).

The casters in high level Cannith Rushmoor challenges have a truly sadistic and brilliant AI (although they are missing Sunburst to have something effective on Pale Masters, as liches don't really have the feet for dancing).

If I was designing a spell list for an arcane caster mob it would look like this (assuming the goal is to be sadistic):

- Chain Lightning (best instant AoE spell for mobs as it has less facing issues than other spells)
    - Horrid Wilting (as above)
    - Flesh to Stone
    - Otto's Irresistable Dance (harsh on anyone not a PM)
    - Sunburst (harsh against PMs, the blindness is a nuisance for other classes too)
    - Greater Dispelling
    - Acid Rain (ouch, this hurts when mobs have high spell power, also importantly it is light on graphics so it can be spammed)
    - Polar Ray (a lot of damage, hard to mitigate)
    - Black Dragon Bolt (same)
    - Meteor Swarm (also a lot of damage, but this spell rewards having decent saves. In conjunction with dispels, it's really nasty if you don't wear fire resist equipment)

(Edit - on Trap the Soul, I'm not for giving that to mobs unless the cooldown is increased. Mobs use the same spell cooldowns players use, but TTS is brutal with a ~10sec CD. Were it on a 30 second CD, I'd say give it to them and we can raise each other when we get gemmed).
    Last edited by sirgog; 12-17-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

In general, caster mobs need to be smarter. At the very least, they should buff nearby allies when a yellow/orange/red dungeon alert goes off.