Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default now i can pike at work :D

Initial testing: MBP 13" retina (2.5 i5; 8gb RAM; HD4000)

had a few hiccups getting the initial patching updates done.. why do we need to re-download every splash screen? but logged in ok

Crashed 1/2 way through intro movie. 2nd load up skipped it, loaded in

BOYEAH, it works! ~60fps in default settings.

Commetfall, Destruction, Bladebarrier, RS Aura & Burst, Mass Aid spell GFX all working as intended (but see list below)

Fear effect from Mummy Lord GFX effect as intended

1. changing screen res does nothing (as others have posted)
    2. had trouble getting RS2 aura going with nothing selected. If I selected myself then popped aura, it worked & then can have no target or different soft target & it works.
    3. no damage/healing numbers except in combat log
    4. chat no go
    5. looks fantastic great job!

I am so buying an SSD for my desktop based on my MBP load times
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

The "chat no go" extends to any type of text input -> character creation and deletion
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Codebaker View Post
    Its WebView on Cocoa. UI Classes belong to the iOS Framework.
    Oops. Thanks. I have been developing for iOS for a while now and forgot. The problem with WebView in general is that it may not be easy to insert it into the view encapsulating the game. The Awesomium thing seems to be targeted at displaying in a straight up ARGB frame buffer without specific knowledge of the hierarchy encapsulating the buffer. I doubt WebView is as forgiving. I always use it in standard view hierarchies so I don't know how it would work in any other context.

do you have by chance a tip how to get the keyboard working in the client?
    Not really. It's only been broken twice for me now. Both times, a full restart of the client fixed it.

Community Member

I have a vague thought that webview should be embeddable, and if not, hey, just run it in an undisplayed frame and copy the frame's contents...

Anyway, it's not perfect, but this is a heck of a lot nicer than the Wine wrapper stuff I've seen.

Should I submit a crash log from a crash? If so, how/where?
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

2nd load up at home & chat etc working.

Ran through GoP & saw a couple of GFX glitches on the 3 imprisoned spectres prior to the end fight (looks like energon cubes from G1 transformers, maybe an effect is not correctly rendering?)

Its still very nice. But still want to change the screen res

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Oops. Thanks. I have been developing for iOS for a while now and forgot. The problem with WebView in general is that it may not be easy to insert it into the view encapsulating the game. The Awesomium thing seems to be targeted at displaying in a straight up ARGB frame buffer without specific knowledge of the hierarchy encapsulating the buffer. I doubt WebView is as forgiving. I always use it in standard view hierarchies so I don't know how it would work in any other context.

Not really. It's only been broken twice for me now. Both times, a full restart of the client fixed it.
    I had that keyboardbug the first time I started the client, too. I was not able to type in the chatwindow. After I restarted the client once, the problem was gone forever.

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post

1. had trouble getting RS2 aura going with nothing selected. If I selected myself then popped aura, it worked & then can have no target or different soft target & it works.
    This is happening on the Windows client too, and has been for awhile now.
    Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    "Half the party was vomit sprinklers, then the boss rolled in."!
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I guess that does give new meaning to the term "spawn point."
    Orien Toons: Rahzza TR2 Cleric/25 | Tanytha TR3 Cleric/2 | Khayel TR2 Rogue/25 | Lucindah TR2 Fighter/17

Community Member

I really really really want to try this mac client. But each time I download it (on my 5th attempt now) it either stops with an error, or it only downloads 2.15GB, thinks it is finished... then of course when launching the 2.15GB .dmg file, it won't open the image because it's not recognized.

So now I'm downloading for the 5th time. Is something up with the hosting server? Or am I really just that unlucky? I have a great internet connection, and this is the only file I appear to have problems downloading. Can somebody torrent the full dmg? That would be better.

A

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aescleal View Post
    I really really really want to try this mac client. But each time I download it (on my 5th attempt now) it either stops with an error, or it only downloads 2.15GB, thinks it is finished... then of course when launching the 2.15GB .dmg file, it won't open the image because it's not recognized.

So now I'm downloading for the 5th time. Is something up with the hosting server? Or am I really just that unlucky? I have a great internet connection, and this is the only file I appear to have problems downloading. Can somebody torrent the full dmg? That would be better.

A
    Alright. This is the 5th failure. Another stop at 2.15 GB. I'm not trying again until somebody can confirm this is working. This is the only download that fails. Seems I'm doing a lot of downloading and getting nothing for it.
    A

Community Member

It worked for me yesterday first time. Unless something has changed since then I would suspect your connection first and then your Mac. If you can download onto another computer on another line you could put it on a flash disk.

Community Member

Alright. This is the 5th failure. Another stop at 2.15 GB. I'm not trying again until somebody can confirm this is working. This is the only download that fails. Seems I'm doing a lot of downloading and getting nothing for it.
    A
    You might be downloading it to an old style Windows formatted external drive. There is an upper limit of 2 gb on file size. Try a Mac OS Extended drive with at least 10 GB free.

Tried out the client yesterday on my MacBook Pro 2009.

As noted in the system requirements, a Core i5/17 is needed. The game came up and was working but, unlike the refined DirectX rendering while in Boot Camp, the graphics and frame rate were choppy with this Mac and its Core2Duo chip. Can the client be optimized for better GPU usage? Brightness/gamma wasn't working (noted by others). Sound and key support with my Logitech USB headphones and G13 keypad were OK (the keypad software was not as versatile as in Windows).

Chat worked for me briefly. I think it died just after trying out some of the attacks I programmed into my keypad.

I'll end up sticking with Windows mode until the client is refined a bit or I acquire a stronger Mac. Overall, a GREAT effort that should please many Mac owners once it's ready. Grats to the devs and engineers--keep it up.
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more
    (formerly known as Spencerian)

Tried it on early 2011 15-inch MBP. Everything maxed, but no anti-aliasing. It seems to do a lot of hitching (stuttering) which was kind of weird - I see the same thing on my PC, as if somehow it cannot pre-load enough game assets into memory.

I also somehow got the game to see an offline friend as online. She logged off, but she still showed up in my friends list. I could still send tells to her and the game never told me there was an error because she's offline.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    You might be downloading it to an old style Windows formatted external drive. There is an upper limit of 2 gb on file size. Try a Mac OS Extended drive with at least 10 GB free.
    Hi,

Thanks. I wish I knew the reason. You make good points, but I am actually downloading to a 2011 Mac mini, Extended drive, and 300 GB free.

I have also tried downloading it to my Win7 computer (NTFS). Both stop the download at 2.15 GB. Yet, I can download a 16 GB torrent from elsewhere without a problem. I'm a bit perplexed. Hopefully I will be enlightened soon and the answer will come to me. But right now, I can only dream about this Mac client.

Thanks,
    A

Community Member

Default Stuck Keys

I can get the Mac client into "no typing in text fields" by taking a screen grab using command-shift-4. After you take your snapshot, you can no longer type in any text fields in the game.

I also managed to fix it on the fly by typing command-H which hides the game. When you bring the game forward again, you can type once more. This might be useful for those that run into the problem. It definitely beats restarting the client.

Hi,

Thanks. I wish I knew the reason. You make good points, but I am actually downloading to a 2011 Mac mini, Extended drive, and 300 GB free.

I have also tried downloading it to my Win7 computer (NTFS). Both stop the download at 2.15 GB. Yet, I can download a 16 GB torrent from elsewhere without a problem. I'm a bit perplexed. Hopefully I will be enlightened soon and the answer will come to me. But right now, I can only dream about this Mac client.

Thanks,
    A
    Have you already tried a download manager like Folx?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyO57kF7sP0

maybe this will help you.

cy

The client forgets my hotkeys I set. I am using q and e for strafe left and right.

Anyone else experiencing this?

And one idea for the launcher. It would be nice if the password text field would be already active so I can type in my password.

The client forgets my hotkeys I set. I am using q and e for strafe left and right.

Anyone else experiencing this?

And one idea for the launcher. It would be nice if the password text field would be already active so I can type in my password.
    I found the same issue. I haven't seen a work around for this.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyr1ana View Post
    Have you already tried a download manager like Folx?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyO57kF7sP0

maybe this will help you.

cy
    Brilliant! Hit it right on the nose! It is downloading great now @ 61% complete so far, so it's already way passed what it was getting before.
    On a side note, I'm not noting that on both my Mac & Windows computer, I was using Chrome to download. Just for curiosity I'm going to try downloading again with Safari and see if it gaks again. I've never notice before, but also never tried to download a large file like that with my browser. So maybe it's all browsers, or maybe just Chrome.
    Thanks Cyr1ana!
    Folx is a very nice download manager, indeed.

Edit: Perfect, that did the job. Finished downloading and installs fine! Will test more tomorrow. Thanks Cyr1ana.
    Last edited by Aescleal; 12-19-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Updating

Brilliant! Hit it right on the nose! It is downloading great now @ 61% complete so far, so it's already way passed what it was getting before.
    On a side note, I'm not noting that on both my Mac & Windows computer, I was using Chrome to download. Just for curiosity I'm going to try downloading again with Safari and see if it gaks again. I've never notice before, but also never tried to download a large file like that with my browser. So maybe it's all browsers, or maybe just Chrome.
    Thanks Cyr1ana!
    Folx is a very nice download manager, indeed.

Edit: Perfect, that did the job. Finished downloading and installs fine! Will test more tomorrow. Thanks Cyr1ana.
    For what its worth, it downloaded fine for me with Google Chrome. My guess would be it isn't an issue with the browser itself (but may well have something to do with a malformed/malfunctioning plist/preferences file for Chrome).
    Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    "Half the party was vomit sprinklers, then the boss rolled in."!
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    I guess that does give new meaning to the term "spawn point."
    Orien Toons: Rahzza TR2 Cleric/25 | Tanytha TR3 Cleric/2 | Khayel TR2 Rogue/25 | Lucindah TR2 Fighter/17

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast