Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Looks like this is still being worked on - and the work is good!

Pleased to report that energon cubes spilling from fountains are now actually showing as water.

Floaty damage numbers still only show the 1st digit (so 10-19 show as 1, 200-299 as 2 etc).

Is there any way to implement a working graphics modification? Only reason I ask, is that it may help the significant heat build up which in turn causes blank grey 'walls' to appear from certain viewpoints when moving around instances. The 'walls' are purely graphical errors and do not impede process (apart from not being able to see). They seem to exist between the 'rooms' that make up dungeons.

Eg. In Von 3 a 'room' would be the area with the 3 doors just prior to fighting the 3 lieutenants. The grey 'walls; stop viewing from that area to the corridor where the lieutenants are. If you are standing at the grey wall you have total obscured vision.

Sorry - dont have screenshots but will play on Mac today and get some to highlight the problem (Which is 100% reproducible as a product of overheating, dont know if Turbine can help here).

Still a great effort.

HOWEVER

Please! Can you modify the client loader to NOT have to download every dam loading screen EVERY time I start it to try and play?

26meg wasted every time before I even log in.

This may not seem significant, however when gaming on the macbook I'm tethering data from my mobile, and having the additional (and seemingly unneeded) data consumption makes my allowance significantly smaller.
    - Proud co-founder of the Dragonspire Legion -
    Souldout (Completionist Life 2), Diamese(TR), Darkfey, Darkwai(TR), Darkriff, Shayris, Shayrn, Tekron, & more semi-retired mules

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Please! Can you modify the client loader to NOT have to download every dam loading screen EVERY time I start it to try and play?
    Someone posted a tutorial to eliminate the load screens a while back: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=408765

I tried it once but skipped the locking step at the end, so an update overwrote the file and it started doing it again. I didn't bother with it after that since I now use a script most of the time to skip the entire loader and launch the game directly into my favorite toon. It takes less than 30 seconds to start playing on an SSD unless I hit the crafting hall loading bug.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Someone posted a tutorial to eliminate the load screens a while back: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=408765

I tried it once but skipped the locking step at the end, so an update overwrote the file and it started doing it again. I didn't bother with it after that since I now use a script most of the time to skip the entire loader and launch the game directly into my favorite toon. It takes less than 30 seconds to start playing on an SSD unless I hit the crafting hall loading bug.
    My new forum name is Kaytis after my main on Orien. It was formerly Katie_Seaglen.

Community Member

I'm running the MAC client on a MBPro Retina 15", best you can get. With processor upgrades, RAM, and SDD. + a thunderbolt display.

However the game keep on crashing... should I try playing on the MBPro standalone?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirardello View Post
    I'm running the MAC client on a MBPro Retina 15"
    It crashes while you are playing or when you quit? If you know how to use the { code } tag, paste a crash report in.
    Formerly Katie_Seaglen

Community Member

Default Problems with installer disk image

I've tried for the last 3 days to download the Mac disk image from the Akamai server. I've successfully downloaded the disk image all three times, and the disk image has verified it's integrity, however after copying the DNDLauncher over to my Applications folder, and running it, I always get the following error:

“DNDLauncher” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

Is there a problem the current version of the application on the disk image? Get Info says it's version 1.0 and a 32 bit app, created on Dec 13, 2012.

There's no other postings in the forum related to this, so how can I verify if it's a unique local problem to me? I've got nothing special, a Retina MacBook pro running 10.8.3.

[QUOTE=Tolero;4816628]DDO is coming to the Mac! A beta version of the Mac client for the live servers is available to DDO players to try!

Community Member

Default How much Hard Drive Space Do you need?

Hi,

So I downloaded the dmg file from website and it is about 8GB. The DDO application that needs to be transferred into the application folder is an additional 10+GB. I am curious how much TOTAL Hard drive space do you need so I don't try and make space for nothing. Is it 18GB or just the 10GB or MORE? Please let me know. Thank you for your time.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Petr0 View Post
    ..., I always get the following error:

“DNDLauncher” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Trash.
    There's no other postings in the forum related to this, so how can I verify if it's a unique local problem to me? I've got nothing special, a Retina MacBook pro running 10.8.3.
    There are postings about this, but they are buried in long threads. The app is not "signed" correctly. You will need to go in to System Preferences / Security and Privacy / General and "Allow applications downloaded from: Anywhere". This is a new feature called GateKeeper that was switched on by default in Mac OS 10.8.

Alternatively, just control-click on DNDLauncher and select "Open" from the popup menu. This will do a one time bypass of GateKeeper instead of disabling it system wide.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaboomf View Post
    Hi,

So I downloaded the dmg file from website and it is about 8GB. The DDO application that needs to be transferred into the application folder is an additional 10+GB. I am curious how much TOTAL Hard drive space do you need so I don't try and make space for nothing. Is it 18GB or just the 10GB or MORE? Please let me know. Thank you for your time.
    You can throw the DMG away after you copy the game to the Applications folder. You will need ~18 GB to install, but only ~10 GB after installation is complete.

Community Member

Thanks Katie, I'm familiar with unsigned apps, as my employer makes a few, but funny I've never seen MacOS's error messages like this before, and apparently didn't see the previous suggestions through the 109 other posts... Thanks for the guidance, I'm re-downloading now to try again. Much appreciated!

There are postings about this, but they are buried in long threads. The app is not "signed" correctly. You will need to go in to System Preferences / Security and Privacy / General and "Allow applications downloaded from: Anywhere". This is a new feature called GateKeeper that was switched on by default in Mac OS 10.8.

Alternatively, just control-click on DNDLauncher and select "Open" from the popup menu. This will do a one time bypass of GateKeeper instead of disabling it system wide.

Little tired of running DDO in bootcamp how is the MAC client, is playable on live?
    Argonnessen: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir @ Blood Assassin´s

Community Member

Default Floaty Text, Graphics Glitch

I am running on 15" Early 2011 MBP
    Radeon 6750 1GB
    16GB Ram
    SSD

Runs on ultra at 60FPS

I also get the floaty damage problem only showing 1st digit

A partial solution I noticed was to check the use n+n+n damage format. Its shows the full numbers that way but does not show the damage type icon. (Maybe a bug related to showing the damage types?)

As others have mentioned after playing for a few hours I get weird gray wall of graphic glitch from various viewpoints in multiple different quests.

Other wise all good to go I used to play a lot 3 years back when I still used PC's too lazy to play from bootcamp so sweet there is a native osx client finally.

Question Is DDO still causing macs to overheat?

Title says it all. 8 months ago, I downloaded the mac beta and it was almost instantly overheating my macbook. After trying a few things to stop the problem, I gave up and deleted the client. Before I waste any time downloading the client again, has anyone noticed this problem and has it been addressed?

Thanks

Community Member

Thumbs up Runs great... even on a 6 year old MBP.

Quote Originally Posted by CrankVulcan View Post
    Title says it all. 8 months ago, I downloaded the mac beta and it was almost instantly overheating my macbook. After trying a few things to stop the problem, I gave up and deleted the client. Before I waste any time downloading the client again, has anyone noticed this problem and has it been addressed?

Thanks
    Although I can't comment on the heating issue (although it appears to heat up less on my old machine than it did running Windows 7), I can honestly say it runs on a Late Model 2007 MacBook Pro. 2.4 Ghz Core2Duo, 4GB 667 Mhz DDR2, GeForce 8600 GT 256MB, 10.8.4. Runs great with a few slow downs in very dense areas.

Yes, I know I need a new machine but this still runs great 6 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    (...)
    What OSX versions are supported?

At present, the DDO Mac client is supported for players running OSX Lion (10.7) and OSX Mountain Lion (10.8). While some functionality may work on older versions of OSX, only 10.7 and 10.8 are supported.

What are the system requirements?

These system requirements are based on the hardware used during the porting and validation effort. As a result, they reflect the newest hardware available from Apple. While we don’t want to discourage playing DDO on older machines running OSX 10.7 and above, we have not been able to verify the quality of the experience.
    (...)
    Ok, so my gf has a mac 10.6 and it seems she can't get to install the game.
    You don't say here that it is impossible to play on that version, is there a way to do so, even with lower settings, or something? Mac updates are not free, so...

Thank you!
    [Ghallanda]
    [Nemessi sorcerer][Helenya cleric][Riita cleric][Myrhea artificer][Shunrei monk][Sverlana rogue][Lillyannn paladin]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by msdesign View Post
    Ok, so my gf has a mac 10.6 and it seems she can't get to install the game.
    You don't say here that it is impossible to play on that version, is there a way to do so, even with lower settings, or something? Mac updates are not free, so...

Thank you!
    The current build links against symbols not present prior to 10.7. It simply will not run on 10.6 or lower. It might be possible to make a build that will run on 10.6, but that is up to Turbine. I don't see that happening personally. It would probably be a lot of work, 10.6 is essentially deprecated at this point, and 10.9 is right around the corner.

... and 10.9 is right around the corner.
    Speaking of which, the client does not run well under 10.9.

Community Member

Why isn't this post sticky anymore?

Bump.

Tolero -the Mac client won't download reliably. It pretends it has completed only 1 or 2 GB into the download.

Community Member

There are 2 good workarounds for the inital download-Steam, or a torrent I have running (PM me)

Community Member

Angry Unrendered Graphics/Gray Wall

Still getting the issue with unrendered graphics (gray/green wall) in long dungeons or dungeons with complex layouts. It appears to be on seems between areas. And since I can't see anything past these points I can't target what's killing my party.

Everything else is something I can live with. This bug is really killing the game for me.

Regina MacBook Pro - 8GB - Core i7
    OSX 10.7.5
    Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512MB

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast