Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Community Member

I heard back from Turbine, but it was just the standard "check your firewall/turn off anti-virus/make sure the security prefs were set to accept any downloads," all of which, unfortunately, were set correctly already. I should have thought to include that in my initial ticket to them to avoid the initial canned response, but it didn't occur to me.

I did call 3 different friends in three different parts of the country, all with different kinds of Mac system set ups, and none of them could get the download links to work either, so at least I feel a little more confident that it's not something weird with my system or network!

When I get more info from Turbine I'll let everyone know, so hopefully those of us who can't download can get back into the game soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Frobot View Post
    I heard back from Turbine, but it was just the standard "check your firewall/turn off anti-virus/make sure the security prefs were set to accept any downloads," all of which, unfortunately, were set correctly already. I should have thought to include that in my initial ticket to them to avoid the initial canned response, but it didn't occur to me.

I did call 3 different friends in three different parts of the country, all with different kinds of Mac system set ups, and none of them could get the download links to work either, so at least I feel a little more confident that it's not something weird with my system or network!

When I get more info from Turbine I'll let everyone know, so hopefully those of us who can't download can get back into the game soon!
    Had the same issue as everyone else. In the end I got it through steam.

As for the client, the texture bugs you get every now and again are annoying but for me its better than booting into windows just to play.
    Toons: Markeyx Markeyi, MarkeyKoS, MarkeyKoS-1
    Guild: Attrition

Community Member

Received another reply from Turbine today, but all they did was give me a link to Steam, and another link to the download that doesn't work. I replied asking for more assistance, but this email had an air of finality about it, so I don't suspect I'll be hearing from them again. I wish if they wanted to make everyone use Steam, they would just say so, so I can stop asking pestering them about fixing their download link.

I've continued to contact friends around the country, asking them to try to download the game, and none of them can, even though some of them have in the past on the same systems.

If anyone has any ideas besides Steam, I'd love to hear them, because I'm still interested in playing this game again.

UPDATE: Just received another email from Turbine saying they are still looking into this. They then gave me the link to the Happy Cloud download. I still would much rather just have a direct download instead of Happy Cloud or Steam, but I may try Happy Cloud and then see if I can uninstall the Happy Cloud part.
    Last edited by Frobot; 12-20-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Default Abandoned?

Was the mac client abandoned? I understand it was in beta, and it used to work only on osx 10.7 and 10.8 and it doesn't work on 10.9 yet (at least last time I checked).

But to my surprise, when I came back here to check is there was any news about a new version that works on 10.9, not only I didn't found this version, but I found out that the download link doesn't work at al.

If that's the case, and not further effort will be put on the mac client, I think that an official statement from turbine should be made about it, and this topic should be closed with this information.

I just wanted to update this thread with the latest links for the Mac client. As of today, we now have three options to download the Mac client:

To begin with, you can find our main client download page here.

1. Play as you install: There is a Happy Cloud-enabled version of the Mac client here. This version allows you to begin playing DDO quickly, while the rest of the client downloads in the background.

2. Install, then play: This is a full download version of the game for Mac. It can be found here. This version does not currently utilize Akamai, but we expect to replace this version with an Akamai version in the future.

3. Steam: Launch your steam client and you can find a Mac version of the game on Steam here.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    2. Install, then play: This is a full download version of the game for Mac. It can be found here. This version does not currently utilize Akamai, but we expect to replace this version with an Akamai version in the future.
    Is anyone getting this full version download to work? I've tried it a few times and it only gets to about 25% of the ~8 GB file size and stops. Of course, the file is unrecognizable to my OS when I try to open it. Any tips?

The happycloud version as been successful at installing the game a couple times, but the game crashes within a few minutes after I get fully loaded and start running around. I'm assuming the problem is with the download version, but would be happy if someone could help me find a solution. Computer is MacBookPro 13" with Mavericks OS.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678