Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Community Member

Default All is well for me

iMac 27inch opened after RTFMing enough times to note I had to move the file to applications, which took a few minutes, then it ran first try. Was pleasantly surprised to see servers were live, had only read far enough in thread to think that Lamannia would be my only choice.

Opened at my max resolution (2560 x 1440). Re-mapped some of my keys. Looks great. Didn't run any quests yet.

BTW, Chrome worked fine. OSX 10.8.2 is fine. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

EDIT: For whoever it was that said they were going to reformat their hard-drive and decrease the size of the BootCamp partition, you hopefully were kidding. You can resize the partition, or remove it, without reformatting. At least with 10.7 or higher you can.
    Last edited by 2003gs2008; 01-06-2013 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Adding useful info

Community Member

Running on Mac OSX 10.7.5, 2x2.8 Ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon. 8GB Ram

It works just fine, after playing a bit with graphic settings. I found the same issues already mentioned (it doesn't keep key settings, sometimes chat doesn't work). The only thing not already mentioned is that you can't adjust the screen brightness/gamma (aside from the system) which makes the game a little bit dark.

Anyway, great job! Can't wait to delete my WinXP partition.

Community Member

Default Graphics glitch issue

As mentioned before - the graphics issue where the path in front of you is unrendered, effectively leaving you to guess what lies beyond, is a real pain.

I can live with spending 10 minutes re-binding keys, but please, patch this!

Coming up to running through the Necropolis soon, would like the chance to see what is coming to eat me!

Default My issues

Just loaded it and started playing around. The only things I've noticed so far is the key bindings not sticking and while I'm actually doing the key binding, it eventually gets hung up and I cant click anything at all with the left mouse button. Therefore, I cant select anything, close panels etc. I have to relog in order for the left mouse to work again and that causes me to have to start mapping keys all over again and it hangs up...again. It will be nice eventually but not playable for me atm.

Also, the floaty names arent readable.

DDO on Mac? Sweet. Now I can let my wife choose our home computer without regret.

Thanks Turbine!

When will the devs fix the keybidding problem? I have 9 hotbars, and i use more then 70 quickkeys. I dont want to set them all the time after i restarted the client. Its a major bug imho. Can we get an official respons to this bug?

MBP Jun'12 15'' Retina MPB here. No graphics issues, no sound issues. The only issue is that not only keybindings but any and all settings are NOT saved. Although very annoying, I can live with it for bit longer. Would truly appreciate if you guys can get that fixed soon.
    Coldflame | Toord and many horrible experiments.
    True Join Date: Circa mid 2007. Still a noob. My simple forum rules: http://pastebin.com/ftE2V1GG

Default Incorrect numbers

I don't know if this is the proper place to report a bug on the Mac client, but here it is:

The damage report that shows up above the head of enemies when you hit them is wrong. It looks like a only the first digit of the damage shows up.

Also, in the Quest XP screen, the bonus/penalty percentage is wrong. Where it should be, for example, 20%, it's showing up 2%.

I think there should be other places where this issue is happening. I'm using a MBP 13'' with OSX 10.8.2

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    mdrudi

Default Headset on MBP

I'm have a Logitech headset with an USB interface (which provides additional logical interfaces for both audio in/out). It works fine on windows and on Mac.

But inside the Mac DDO client, when I have the headset plugged in, the option for selecting the audio capture device is greyed out with the built in microphone selected. The audio output goes fine to the headset, but I can't use it as an audio capture device.

Is this a known issue (or it's by design) or it is my headset model? Anybody else have this same problem?

Thanks.

Regards,
    mdrudi

Community Member

Default Mac Client Update

Hello Tolero.

I was wondering if we could get an update on the Mac client. It has been just over a month since we last heard anything.

There a few issues I think people are focussed on and it would be very nice to hear about any progress on these, or even just to have them acknowledged:

1) key binding. Not being able to persistently bind keys is a huge show-stopping problem for many potential testers.
    2) graphical occlusion. Not being able to see past opaque walls in otherwise clear passages is problematic to say the least. This only happens after a while, and requires the client to be restarted when it does.
    3) various numbers are displayed with 1 digit only. This is not game breaking but does detract from play quite a bit.
    4) text entry disabled. Actually I haven't seen this in weeks and there is a trivial work-around when it happens (command-H), but for new testers it can be seriously off-putting.
    5) polychromatic polygons. Not game-breaking, but distracting.

There are other issues obviously, and acknowledgement of those would be nice also, but I think the ones listed are the most pressing.

It obviously took a huge effort to get to where we are, let's take this home :-)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Hello Tolero.

I was wondering if we could get an update on the Mac client. It has been just over a month since we last heard anything.

There a few issues I think people are focussed on and it would be very nice to hear about any progress on these, or even just to have them acknowledged:

1) key binding. Not being able to persistently bind keys is a huge show-stopping problem for many potential testers.
    2) graphical occlusion. Not being able to see past opaque walls in otherwise clear passages is problematic to say the least. This only happens after a while, and requires the client to be restarted when it does.
    3) various numbers are displayed with 1 digit only. This is not game breaking but does detract from play quite a bit.
    4) text entry disabled. Actually I haven't seen this in weeks and there is a trivial work-around when it happens (command-H), but for new testers it can be seriously off-putting.
    5) polychromatic polygons. Not game-breaking, but distracting.

There are other issues obviously, and acknowledgement of those would be nice also, but I think the ones listed are the most pressing.

It obviously took a huge effort to get to where we are, let's take this home :-)

Thanks!
    /signed

The key bidding is showstopper for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kisnord View Post
    /signed

The key bidding is showstopper for me.
    Same here, sadly.

Community Member balancetraveller's Avatar

Cool news! I might be able to finally returning to DDO after more than half a year away from it

Just curious if anyone has tested this on Macbook Air yet? Mine's the latest module (2012), 13 inch and am wondering if this is enough to run the game.

Quote Originally Posted by balancetraveller View Post
    Cool news! I might be able to finally returning to DDO after more than half a year away from it

Just curious if anyone has tested this on Macbook Air yet? Mine's the latest module (2012), 13 inch and am wondering if this is enough to run the game.
    I'm running on a 2012 Macbook Air as well. The game looks and plays perfectly but my machine heats up to very unsafe levels very quickly. Not sure if this is a beta only thing or if my computer is simply not capable of handling the game. I think it's a temporary issue though because it overheats even when i set the graphics and resolution to minimum.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrankVulcan View Post
    I'm running on a 2012 Macbook Air as well. The game looks and plays perfectly but my machine heats up to very unsafe levels very quickly. Not sure if this is a beta only thing or if my computer is simply not capable of handling the game. I think it's a temporary issue though because it overheats even when i set the graphics and resolution to minimum.
    I don't think the Mac client can throttle frame rates, which may be part of your problem...
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

Just wondering but where are the key maps and settings getting saved? Could be a permissions issue.
    Scoobmx Scoobshot Arcscoob Beefscoob : Imperial Assassins : Argonnessen
    My Builds : Abbot Raid Manual : Weapon Damage Modeler : My Trades

Default Mac install problems

Hey all, been away from the game for about 2 years, but seeing that there was a Mac client coming out, I'm interested in coming back.

Having major issues (read kernel panics) trying to mount the .dmg file. Have downloaded in Chrome, Safari and now vial Folx. I get a pretty rainbow disk and then after a while - bam! Please restart the computer.

Any suggestions?

Update - I finally got it to mount without crashing - can't see what I did differently, but I'm patching now!
    Last edited by Allasar; 01-28-2013 at 01:56 PM. Reason: update results

Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    I don't think the Mac client can throttle frame rates, which may be part of your problem...
    Is this likely to be fixed or is it just the way macs are? Sorry I know very little about my small, shiny, expensive computerbox machine.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrankVulcan View Post
    Is this likely to be fixed or is it just the way macs are? Sorry I know very little about my small, shiny, expensive computerbox machine.
    The frame rate is under direct control of the software. It's a programmable option just like anything else. The only role hardware plays is putting an upper limit on what can physically be accomplished.

I too am unable to use text communication (guild/party chat) after making graphics adjustments unless I restart my client. The fix others have mentioned (Command "H") doesn't seem to work for me.

The game looks beautiful; however, there is a graphics flaw that is a deal breaker for me. Movement is speeding up and slowing down then speeding up then slowing down continuously in one second intervals. There is no break in video frame rate. There is continuity in the visual experience without interruption. Everything in the world seems to move at the same rate too - faster then slower, faster then slower like time was on an undulating ocean. It is very distracting.

I've experienced this on the highest and lowest graphic settings. I've experimented with manually adjusting the frame rate under Troubleshooting rather than having it sync automatically.

Anyone else having this problem?

I'm using a 2009 MacBook Pro 13"
    Processor 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Memory 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
    Software OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast