Community Member

Default Warforged healing

I have a Warforged Arti. Yes, I know that he can heal himself, but I have questions.

Repair skill - Is this the equivalent of the Heal skill for non-warforged characters? I haven't put any points in this skill, as I'm usually at/near full health at each shrine anyway. I shrine for more sp usually. I just wanted to make sure that this skill has nothing to do with Repair Spellpower, which I am always looking to increase.

Wizard/Sorcerer Hirelings with Repair/Reconstruct spells. I haven't tried one yet. Will they act like Clerics when grouping with me, and automatically cast those when my health gets low? Or do you need to specifically tell them to cast it on you (which would be annoying in the middle of a battle)? Would they cast them on my Dog also?

Dog enhancements. How often do the dogs get enhancement points? They don't seem to get a point every rank like I do.

Thanks for your help.

It is indeed a warforged equivalent to heal and has virtually no value.
    That which does not kill you gives you experience points.

(Fighter->Fighter->Fighter->Monk->Monk->Barbarian->Paladin->Ranger)

Community Member

To Stefferweffer--

Repair is like the Heal skill (for recouping hit points at rest shrines), but worse. If the formula for how many hp you receive at a rest shrine is given by (I'm making this up now) the formula (level + Heal skill)/2 + 10, then the hp recovered by the repair skill is (level + Repair skill)/2. Short answer is I have yet to find a reason for my WF Artificer to invest in Repair.

No idea about the arcane hirelings with repair spells. I would hope they would cast without being told.

Doggie pets get 2 enhancement points per level. Unsure if they get one when the character gets to an odd rank or an even rank of a particular level, though.

Repair and Heal as skills are completely worthless.
    HP back when resting at shrine.. 10 + 3 * (level + maximum score in Heal of a nearby party member).
    Repair/Heal kits are useless.

Even as a healer if someone was going to invest into it I would tell them it is worthless and the absolute last thing to put points into...

I would have liked to have seen heal/repair be converted to a 1% amp for all incoming heals for every point invested.

Even adding a 1% spell power for each point invested to encourage healers to consider investing into it.

Would make this usefull and worth investing into and adding to gear vs the currently complete uselessness of it now.
    Jotmon - Let's not forget why we play these games - to have fun - ~
    Guild: Degenerate Matter - 200 (Former Guilds: ChaosKnights, Big Damn Heroes, Shadowfiends, Order of the Drow, Unusual Suspects, Raided R)
    Argo-Jotmon(Completionist - before the Otto's/XP pots easymode), Jotmonheals(Clr17/Rog2/Mnk1-Epic Completionist), Whatthetruck.. and many many more alts..

Update 24: Champions... "whew, it's ok, it's only a red name" .. sad day when trash spawn Champions and their one-shot ignore fort attacks instill more party fear than the Red named bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by stefferweffer View Post
    Wizard/Sorcerer Hirelings with Repair/Reconstruct spells. I haven't tried one yet. Will they act like Clerics when grouping with me, and automatically cast those when my health gets low? Or do you need to specifically tell them to cast it on you (which would be annoying in the middle of a battle)? Would they cast them on my Dog also?
    This is an excellent question, and I for one am curious as to the answer. Would you like to go test it for us?

Even if they do, the real problem is if they're fleshie they won't be able to heal themselves.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    This is an excellent question, and I for one am curious as to the answer. Would you like to go test it for us?

Even if they do, the real problem is if they're fleshie they won't be able to heal themselves.
    I'd love to test it, but the one I saw is level 17 (a fleshie wizard), and I am only 16 right now

I'll see if some lower leveled ones have repair spells. A Warforged Sorcerer hireling with spells like that would be an awesome hireling, I'll bet.

Quote Originally Posted by JOTMON View Post
    Repair and Heal as skills are completely worthless.
    HP back when resting at shrine.. 10 + 3 * (level + maximum score in Heal of a nearby party member).
    And repair is even a little worse than Heal as the formula for repair is:

10 + 3 * (maximum score in repair of a nearby party member).

The skill was mildly useful when the level cap was 10 and there weren't as many ways to boost your HP in game. Right now its a complete waste of skill points.

Community Member

Yes an Arcane hireling will cast repairs pretty regularly on nearby warforged. I think he will even get your dog as well.

Something important to note is that quite a few Arcanes will actually cast Repair spells even if they are not listed on their hotbar. Basically every Warforged Wizard or Sorcerer hireling will repair himself even though like half of them don't have repair as one of their spells. Non-warforged ones will also sometimes repair warforged characters in the group. Arcanes actually have a pretty large selection of spells that are not listed. I would estimate most of them have between 5-10 spells that are not on their hotbar.

You'll see Divines do the same thing as well. For instance my Divine was Remove Cursing me the other day even though it wasn't on his hotbar.

Repair skill is nearly worthless. A couple quests let you do extra stuff with it but thats about it. Like this one quest you can repair balistas with less quest items if you have a high repair skill.