Default Fury with a non-Barbarian character

How exactly does this destiny function on a character without Barbarian levels, specifically without someone who can't rage? It seems like a lot of the abilities function or give bonuses when raged, and I assume that doesn't count the rage granted by the spell. Does the rage from Primal Scream count for these abilities?

Also a question regarding Adrenaline, it reads like it gives 2 uses per rage, does that mean a character without rage gets none?

Community Member

Default Anything rage.

Quote Originally Posted by esoitl View Post
    How exactly does this destiny function on a character without Barbarian levels, specifically without someone who can't rage? It seems like a lot of the abilities function or give bonuses when raged, and I assume that doesn't count the rage granted by the spell. Does the rage from Primal Scream count for these abilities?

Also a question regarding Adrenaline, it reads like it gives 2 uses per rage, does that mean a character without rage gets none?
    http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...&postcount=362

A dev response pretty much saying that anything rage related can help with Fury of the Wild.

As for the Adrenaline uses, looks like you receive two for the tier 0 and one for tier 2,4, and 5. You can use them without rage.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Fury_of_the_Wild
    Last edited by Ascendius; 12-16-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Any form of rage counts, primal scream, rage spell, rage pot, barbarian rage, and probably some others I'm missing.

Its a fun destiny for just about any character that does weapon damage. Especially if you don't really have a destiny "plan" its just fun to smack things around for huge adrenalin hits.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

Cheers!

My character is a Monk splash and I'm currently exploring where to end up. I want a DPS boost and not really sure if GMoF is the best choice or not, even though it seems pretty nifty. It's my starting point now and I'll likely work from it over to Drednought although I'm not sure if that's the best either. It's fairly far getting over to Fury so I didn't want to put in the time to find out it doesn't work.

While I highly advise maxing all your destinies for twists, gmof is very op on a monk.

Im leveling my pure cleric in that destiny and it is a hoot.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

Smile

Actually i have found this destiny adds more to dps paladins or some twf toons than to the vanilla THF barbarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Charononus View Post
    While I highly advise maxing all your destinies for twists, gmof is very op on a monk.
    I don't farm much, have many alts, and I don't have a ton of play time each week.... I'll probably be lucky to get to Fury over the next few months, let alone get multiple destinies complete (and I certainly will not be capping all of them).
    It's a Monk splash so not a true Monk with the breakdown 12P/6M/2F. I like the way it looks and I have seen many GMoF do very well, but I'm still not certain it will fit as well with this character as it does on a 'real' Monk. I started on it and plan on playing it out to see how it fits though I am wondering how Drednought or Fury will play too.

Actually i have found this destiny adds more to dps paladins or some twf toons than to the vanilla THF barbarian.
    Have you played it with a TWF yourself?
    My initial concern was that this destiny was heavily revolving around rage and that it may be lacking without the Barbarian rage unless other sources counted. Knowing that I can use pots or keep clickies and shout to give the bonuses is a good thought, but that also lead to the second concern of it being more of a THF theme. It seems easy enough to work around but I would have guessed it was better for THF.

Community Member

The ED is awesome for TWF because of the shear amount of on-hit damage perks. It also gives you a significant amount of hp. You'll also generate adrenaline uses faster with twf (probably, not sure how vorpals interact with multi-target things like cleave).
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

I don't farm much, have many alts, and I don't have a ton of play time each week.... I'll probably be lucky to get to Fury over the next few months, let alone get multiple destinies complete (and I certainly will not be capping all of them).
    It's a Monk splash so not a true Monk with the breakdown 12P/6M/2F. I like the way it looks and I have seen many GMoF do very well, but I'm still not certain it will fit as well with this character as it does on a 'real' Monk. I started on it and plan on playing it out to see how it fits though I am wondering how Drednought or Fury will play too.

My initial concern was that this destiny was heavily revolving around rage and that it may be lacking without the Barbarian rage unless other sources counted. Knowing that I can use pots or keep clickies and shout to give the bonuses is a good thought, but that also lead to the second concern of it being more of a THF theme. It seems easy enough to work around but I would have guessed it was better for THF.
    Without knowing your stat builds I can't say, but my toon in gmof is a drunk 17 druid /3 monk in water ele form and it works great in gmof, so you really don't need to be pure to make excellent use of it. I think it's drifting lotus that does the knockdown if I remember the name right, and then of course ein make any toon with decent wisdom and monk lvl's a terror while in gmof. It may not have the dps of some other ed's for boss fight beat downs but considering you can clear a room of trash with one ein with no spell pen check well......

Quote Originally Posted by sandypaws View Post
    The ED is awesome for TWF because of the shear amount of on-hit damage perks. It also gives you a significant amount of hp. You'll also generate adrenaline uses faster with twf (probably, not sure how vorpals interact with multi-target things like cleave).
    ^this

Fury of the wild was the main destiny on my twf paladin, adrenalines have great sinergy with smites, and all the added on-hit effects gets x1.8 on twf like the +6 to damage, tunnel vision, etc.

Only adrenaline seems better for THF as you dont get an offhand proc on twf, but then again the weapon that may get more benefit from adrenalines (using it with paladin smites) is the heavy pick, which is one handed.

The Hatchery
    2015 DDO Players Council

Yep, FotW *rocks* TWF... my Tempest ranger/rogue loves it. Other than Adrenaline itself, everything works for off-hand procs (well, other than the glancing blow things, but I look at that as an easy way to cut down on stuff I want... But all the extra damage bits (Tunnel Vision, Sense Weakness,Gird Against Demons, plus the +1/level from innates) work GREAT. I can see it being quite synergistic for a full monk, let alone a splash.

Although they need to make Adrenaline have the same chances of proccing as regular off-hand attacks (80% for GTWF, 100% for Tempests).

It cracks me up that he finds stuff better and has more SP when raged up... plus more chance of getting his OMGi'mgonnadie! emergency cures off mid-battle (from Acute Instincts, a pre-req for Sense Weakness).
    "Ignorance killed the cat, sir; curiosity was framed."
    Tripoint, C.J. Cherryh